Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chat Box Rules

Go down 
+9
BookWorm
Terceau
Ta]R[SoNiS
The Wanderer
Swindle11
Zentaku
Day of Light
We Tigers
TSDZ_President
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 21:57

Chatbox rules

1. Don't spam. Spamming in this case is considered to be posting multiple sets of the same thing, such as saying a word or phrase (or image) over and over. Over and over would be defined as more than three times in a row -OR- posting the same image or word(s) several times throughout a chat session...an example would be posting said thing once or more times every 2 minutes etc..there is no set time for such, it is simply if they post such a thing repeatedly in any given session.

2. Don't cause a disturbance of the peace. Disturbing the peace is defined as (in this case) causing trouble, irritating someone, fighting, etc...it is up to the moderator and or the chatbox users to determine if a particular action is considered disturbing the peace. This rule is more of a situational, judge at the time it happens thing.

3. Don't argue with the moderator(s) judgement. If you have a problem, confront the moderator(s) formally. If the problem is still not solved, speak to an administrator.

4. If you constantly break one or more rules, you may be banned (moderator(s) would judge whether or not a person is to be banned.). A warning will be given.

5. Don't pick on people. This will be judged by the moderator and/or the other people in the chatbox. Again, this is a situational rule.

6. If there is a group vote of 3 or more plus conscent of moderator(s) on kicking someone who has not broken one of these rules, they will be kicked (assuming they did something to deserve it)

Last edited by TSDZ_President on Tue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
We Tigers
We Tigers

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:23

What about no rape?
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:24

that falls into rules 2 and 5
Back to top Go down
We Tigers
We Tigers

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:25

Just add it for precaution. *Eyes nokie asleep in background*
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:28

no.
it automatically falls into 2 rules, I'm not adding another JUST for rape.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:36

Moving to Rules.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:37

-_-... you should...TS
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:42

no Colin, I'm not.
there are already 2 rules making rape a no-no
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

Random : If you're going to commit suicide then I'll kill you.

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyMon 16 Aug 2010 - 22:48

OHSHI-
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 14:07

also add in best's roleplaying rules apply in the chatbox
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 14:33

TSDZ_President wrote:
Chatbox rules

1. Don't spam...minor spam is ok, but repeat or excess spam gets you kicked
2. Don't cause a disturbance of the peace...as in, fighting, causing trouble...etc...this is up to the moderator(s) to judge whether it merits a kick or not
3. Respect the moderator, this will ONLY merit a kick if it is repetatively broken, or broken offensively
4. Repeat kicks merit a ban, the time will be chosen in accordance to the action that provoked it
5. Do not put down, harass, insult, etc...other members repeatedly or cruely...again, moderator(s) judgement, this merits a kick
6. If there is a group vote of 3 or more plus conscent of moderator(s) on kicking someone who has not broken one of these rules, they will be kicked (assuming they did something to deserve it)
7. If someone requested that they want to be kicked, it is up to the moderator(s) to judge whether or not they will be kicked (meaning that someone wants to have themselves kicked for whatever reason)

these have been approved, and are now the set rules

Heh? Dude you need to be more professional. Number 1 is automatically void because of your wording 'excess spam' since you have not defined excess, kicking for violation of rule 1 can legally never happen. This would be like saying 'If one party breaches this contract a lot, he will owe the other party a great deal of money'

'Respect' is another term that you should never put in a rule set, neither is 'repetatively' or its true spelling 'repetitively'. 'Broken offensively' makes no sense, voiding rule 3 in theory as well.

Number 4 is way too loose in all respects.

'Repeatedly or Cruelly?' da fuck?

#6 makes no sense whatsoever, since these rules cover almost every way someone could be disruptive in the chatbox, and therefore doing something to deserve it could be limited to naming yourself 'Worthbeads', and the admins and mods seem to universally agree that worthbeads should not be banned because he is named worthbeads, but rather flamed.

#7 also makes no sense, because it's given. It's not as bad as some of the others, but also completely unnecessary.

Please don't take offense to this, I'm not saying they're bad rules, or that rules are bad (Mods without rules = Power abuse), but please reword them. If someone was excessively harassing, you in theory wouldn't be able to kick them because you haven't defined excessively, etc.

But I still love you.
Back to top Go down
Terceau
Terceau

Random : I do not understand this question, and I will not respond to it.

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 15:58

I love you more than anything, Tarsonis. Again. Twice. A million times.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 16:06

I think me and you need to talk about these rules TS we are both mods over the same thing so i believe i have a say over these rules.
Back to top Go down
BookWorm
BookWorm

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 16:15

I thought the point of appointing mods we felt were capable was so we could trust them to kick/ban and use their power responsibly... I feel like making these rules defeats the purpose of voting on mods... as they are supposed to be able to use their judgment, and if they can't, maybe they shouldn't be mods
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 16:46

...you know...before I did this, people were harrassing me about abusing my power and all that bs, saying that I'm a hypocrite and yada yada whine whine...and how I'm enforcing invisible rules etc...
...so I made a LIST OF RULES, and had them approved. Just so there was SOME set of rules so there was at least SOME order in the box. idk wtf is up with you people, I made these so you'd all be happy and not complain to me if I kicked someone for w/e reason...but here it is, I made some rules that I felt were reasonable, but NO, apparently this isn't wanted too.

At Liz: apparently what you said is not true, because both you and Colin have called me out on my judgement. Either let me judge how I see fit without throwing your ideal rules in my face, or just let the rules be.

At Sam: you said you weren't going to be on hardly ever. so don't whine about it. I made these rules with the best interest towards everyone, and Hina was ok with it, so stfu.

At Tar: go to hell. I tried my best.
Back to top Go down
BookWorm
BookWorm

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 16:52

if you can quote when I've called you out on your judgment, be my guest. and you did contradict yourself... I merely pointed it out... if you want to be a mod, you have to accept the criticism it brings you... having power will make people judge your actions, it's a given, if you haven't done anything wrong, you shouldn't have a problem defending your actions. And you have to be willing to admit if you make a mistake... that will bring you more respect than blindly arguing with people. People will question authority... you may just be a chatbox mod, but you are authority... and good authority stands by it's actions when they are right, and admits when they make a mistake... it seems that you cannot do either.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 16:59

I can't quote you because it was in the chatbox.
...and what got under my skin was that people kept threatening to report me if I messed up even slightly (despite the fact that I hadn't kicked yet, other than a couple spammers.)...I mean come on, I try my best, alright? I'm not just going to abuse my power...and by people I mean Colin.

it all comes down to this...

I'll be a fair moderator...
I'll try to please people...

so can we stop?
there's no point to a feud over this, I was just trying to do my job and please people by making finite rules so someone didn't think I was kicking unfairly or...idk.
Back to top Go down
BookWorm
BookWorm

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:00

we can certainly stop, I've made all the points I want to make
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:02

...I don't see the point of the feud though...
you people complained, so I made rules...
...then you all complain about the rules...

gtf off my back.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:03

Yeah but it's fine now^^
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:20

Ta]R[SoNiS wrote:
TSDZ_President wrote:
Chatbox rules

1. Don't spam...minor spam is ok, but repeat or excess spam gets you kicked
2. Don't cause a disturbance of the peace...as in, fighting, causing trouble...etc...this is up to the moderator(s) to judge whether it merits a kick or not
3. Respect the moderator, this will ONLY merit a kick if it is repetatively broken, or broken offensively
4. Repeat kicks merit a ban, the time will be chosen in accordance to the action that provoked it
5. Do not put down, harass, insult, etc...other members repeatedly or cruely...again, moderator(s) judgement, this merits a kick
7. If someone requested that they want to be kicked, it is up to the moderator(s) to judge whether or not they will be kicked (meaning that someone wants to have themselves kicked for whatever reason)

these have been approved, and are now the set rules

Heh? Dude you need to be more professional. Number 1 is automatically void because of your wording 'excess spam' since you have not defined excess, kicking for violation of rule 1 can legally never happen. This would be like saying 'If one party breaches this contract a lot, he will owe the other party a great deal of money'

'Respect' is another term that you should never put in a rule set, neither is 'repetatively' or its true spelling 'repetitively'. 'Broken offensively' makes no sense, voiding rule 3 in theory as well.

Number 4 is way too loose in all respects.

'Repeatedly or Cruelly?' da fuck?

#6 makes no sense whatsoever, since these rules cover almost every way someone could be disruptive in the chatbox, and therefore doing something to deserve it could be limited to naming yourself 'Worthbeads', and the admins and mods seem to universally agree that worthbeads should not be banned because he is named worthbeads, but rather flamed.

#7 also makes no sense, because it's given. It's not as bad as some of the others, but also completely unnecessary.

Please don't take offense to this, I'm not saying they're bad rules, or that rules are bad (Mods without rules = Power abuse), but please reword them. If someone was excessively harassing, you in theory wouldn't be able to kick them because you haven't defined excessively, etc.

But I still love you.

Why is it so hard to understand?
It looks pretty simple to me.

This looks more like an act of trolling, so I can't take you seriously.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:26

I think Tar's got a point. But we should all chillax and just use our common sense.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:29

...fine.
I'll make a new set.
Back to top Go down
Ashaon
Ashaon

Random : Who knew bridges could be such incredible killing machines?

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:32

Write it in 1337, also, so all the 4-chan nubbies that join can understand.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules EmptyTue 17 Aug 2010 - 17:36

BUT THE TEQNIKALLITEE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chat Box Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Box Rules   Chat Box Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Box Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next