Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True Geist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

True Geist Empty
PostSubject: True Geist   True Geist EmptyThu 16 Dec 2010 - 18:52

Prologue:

Lily stepped slowly down the streets. It was becoming late again and the sun was nearly half hidden behind the horizon. It took her nearly the enitre day to traverse the seemingly endless expanse of rolling wheat fields and reach the outskirts of the city, but finally she neared her quarry; their energies were much stronger now. Stronger but some distance away, still.

Her mind turned the events of the fight over and over in her head. What did that demon do? There was no skill the Fallen possessed that could do what they did. Astros could be brought to the Garden in a similar manner; Chaos could travel to the Pitt in a similar manner, but to move through Purgatory on a flash of light. She couldn't begin to fathom what devilry he possessed. She pressed on, hoping she would find her ally alive and well. What she would find instead would change her forever.

The crimson flash appeared; it's setting: an abandoned quarry on the outskirts of a large city. The flash disapeared as quickly as it came, revealing both Ian and Yoshimiru in the same positions as they had disappeared in. Ian nearly toppled over as he was in mid-stride. Yoshimiru however, was less surprised; he flipped his sword back around and tossed a small fireball at Ian as he moved to put some distance between them. Ian whipped his spear through the orb with ease as he squared off as well.
"What did you do!?" He exclaimed as he took his first look at his surroundings.
Yoshimiru dispelled his sword scanned the enviornment with curiosity before looking at his hand.
"What, indeed?" he said with genuine intrigue, still gazing at his hand. "This weapon is a mighty gift, indeed."
Ian dispelled his spear in a wisp of air. "What to you mean? Gift? What did you do, Yoshi!?"

Yoshimiru cringed before throwing his head back in a loud and sinister laugh.
"Never use that name again. He is dead! He is lost!" He cut off his laughter and glared at Ian with hatred. He raised his left hand and out stretched his arm. Soon his hand began to glow red and then became completely engulfed in low blue flames. Yoshimiru sommoned his demon blade is a flash of fire. Self-assured and filled with fury, Yoshimiru made his approach towards Ian. "And now you are lost."

While walking he pointed his blade and said, “Know and fear the name Yoshimiru. I will damn the human race to hell and you will not stop me.”
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

True Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Geist   True Geist EmptySat 18 Dec 2010 - 0:09

Chapter VII: Welcome to Forever
Lincoln, Nebraska (Purgartory)
13th Seca, 7th Cycle

"What... this..." A gentle female voice echoed in Rivell's head. "... a boy?...What ...here?
"I don't believe it." She continued as Rivell's eyes slid open to the changed and distorted world around him. "You idiot."
"I'm not an idiot." Rivell chimmed through broken breaths. "Why does everyone call me that?"
Rivell sat up. His first reaction was to the lack of pain. He looked down to find his cuts and bites healed, with only tell tale scars to show for it. His right eye was still gone, but Rivell wasn't neither surprised or disappointed. He had come to terms with the new lack of depth perception that came with his handicap.

"Your alive!?" The female voice said from behind him. Rivell jumped up and spun around. Standing before him was a youthful woman a few years older than Rivell. She had long straight crimson hair, as well as a rounded and gentle face. She wore long and flowing robes that were made of thick warm material. The clothing looked strange and old, as if she had been plucked from some distant past.
"Who are you!?" He exclaimed, as he took a step back and readied his fists for a fight. His reaction was answered by an equally hostile expression from her. From under her robe she produced as long wooden staff. The staff was rugged and natural in appearance, like a wild fallen tree branch that had been fortunatly straight. She held it in front of her, leaning the head towards Rivell.
"Stay where you are, Chaos!?" She yelled. Her red eyes gleamed as they caught the mid day sun.
Rivell glared back at her. "Hey lady, who are you calling a... what's a Chaos?"
[This is why everyone calls you an idiot, idiot.]
Oh, you're still here?

The woman tilted her head slightly in confusion.
"You are. Aren't you?" Lily pulled her staff back and held it comfortably next to her. She looked on Rivell in contemplative silience before narrating her conclusions to herself. Rivell stared at her now sharing her confusion; he was growing irritated with being essentially ignored by the contemplative woman before him, as well.
"He is filled with Chaotic energy yet he knows nothing of the Chaos; meaning he was not chosen by Lucifer."
Lucifer!? She began to pace. "His unnatural injuries carried into his death, which mean's they had healed naturally before death. What happened to him?"
"Hey! 'Him' has a name!" He had her attention now. "My name is Rivell Kelley, alright? Now who are you!?"

She was taken back by his assertion and stood now wide-eyed at Rivell. She blushed in embarrasment at her observatory aside.
"Lily Indilya is my name. I'm sorry." She finally revealed. "Welcome to Purgatory."
Purgatory? What is she talking about?
[Well, It's complicated. Even more so for you.] His voice echoed with laughter as it trailed off. Rivell gut wrenched; something felt off about the way he said that. "What is going on, where am I?"
Lily sighed with frustration. "Isn't it obvious? You are dead. This is your here after, Numbskull."
Dead! Oh yeah, those creatures. They really did a number on me, didn't they.

Lily was fiddling with something in her right hand. It was a golden amulet. It appeared ancient with many runes and symbols carved into it. She examined it with an air of confusion before replacing it in her robe. "Come with me."
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

True Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Geist   True Geist EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010 - 12:55

Chapter VIII: Trapped
Lincoln, Nebraska (Purgatory)
15th Seca, 7th Cycle

Lily led Rivell away from the park and out of the city. They headed towards the battle-field Lily had come from, though the site itself wasn't their destination. She said not a word as Rivell followed closely, growing more unsure the further from his home he went.

"Hey, what about my mom?" Rivell asked still trailing behind a bit. "I have to tell her what happened?"
"Tell me, Rivell Kelley, do you believe in ghosts?" She asked, almost interupting him.
"No, not really..."
"Good. Keep it that way." She sighed. "The dead do not interact with the living. Did it not strike you odd, that no spectators came to your aid after your accident, rather someone who is in fact dead."
[She's right, you know. You didn't notice but as soon as I forced my power on you, you died. The only thing that kept your body and mind moving was me and once you let go of my energies...] Yoshimiru chimmed within Rivell's mind. Rivell ignored him.
"She's going to be looking for me!" He shouted in desperation and disbelief.
"And she will find you, precisely where I found you." She replied, a cold sting filled her voice. Rivell couldn't place it but there was abandon in her voice as if she were weary of a long carried burden.

Rivell looked at the ground and stopped walking as his world shattered around him.
"So that's it?" He said aloud to himself. Lily stopped though remained facing forward. "I'm dead and that's it?"
Lily rolled her eyes before whirling around towards Rivell. She walked up to him, frustration burning in her eyes.
"Listen. We don't choose our deaths or the people we leave behind." She peered into his eye. The trembling iris showed neither fear nor resentment; but faith and compassion. She fought the flash of color from her pale cheeks. "All we can do now, is have faith in those people, in that we will be reunited when it is their turn."

Lily then turned away and continued walking in the straight line they treaded originally. Rivell followed slowly behind her. Her words seemed like wisdom to Rivell, yet they brought no solice. All Rivell could think of was his mother, Cybil, and Irena. He regretted that he'd never be able to see his sister grow up, or start a family of his own with the love of his life. It plagued him yet he searched for some means to distract himself.
"Where are we going?" He asked, dread no longer filling his words.
Lily smirked to herself. "I don't know." She replied with casual candor.

Lily wasn't entirely sure what to do at this point. She couldn't figure out what was preventing her from extracting Rivell's soul. Without extraction, he was stuck there. The only way to enter The Garden; the only way into heaven or hell was through the Astros or Chaos. Without their assistance, souls of the dead would wander Purgatory for eternity or until they are devoured by devilish chaotic monsters.

She led him back to the battlefield on the plains. Rivell could only look on in silience to the remnants of the battle. The great chasm and the strangely elegant vines spread across the gap.
"What happened to this place." He asked Lily as he approached the edge of the chasym. "This wasn't here this morning; the press would have had a field day."
"Yes it was here this morning..." She replied. "... in this realm."

She paused for a moment as she watched Rivell examine the area. "I have to leave you here, Rivell Kelley."
He whirled around in shock. "What are you talking about."
"I can't extract your soul." She said in an insightful tone. "I don't know why, but something is preventing me from doing so. I'll have to go back alone, and report what I've found here."
Rivell was astonished, and growing fear was building in his stomach. "You can't just leave me here. What am I supposed to do?"

Lily walked up to Rivell as she watched the spread of panic on his face. She put her hands on both sides of his neck as her thumbs landed gently against his jawline. Rivell's eye was trembling as it jumped to each of hers in attention; fear still twisting his normally kind expression.
"There are a lot of things you don't understand. I will come back for you. I promise."

She stared into his eye for a moment before a faint flush brightened her cheeks. She looked away, before stepping away from Rivell. She returned her gaze to Rivell with a comforting last smile a bright light shined down from the sky, engulfing her in white light. Before long a feather, black in appearance against the brilliance around it, floated gently down the center of the beam. As it reached Lilys contrasted form, her body dissolved in a fume of golden dust that dissipated with light around her; she was gone.

Rivell turned back around, he looked into the deep chasm again as he lamented over his situation.
"Now what do I do?"
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

True Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Geist   True Geist EmptyMon 3 Jan 2011 - 0:40

CH VIII Updated!
-reserved-
Chapter IX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

True Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: True Geist   True Geist Empty

Back to top Go down

True Geist
Page 1 of 1