Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nightmare misinterpretation?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

Nightmare misinterpretation? Empty
PostSubject: Nightmare misinterpretation?   Nightmare misinterpretation? EmptyThu 27 Oct 2011 - 19:03

This one was short and simple, but also confusing and strange.

So just roll with it.

I was in a very large room. Something like a library's main room perhaps...it was probably 100x100 or so. It was a little dark, but one could see everything normally. Books were on the shelves, and there were chandeliers...but I didn't involve myself with such.

There was a hole in the floor. It was partially covered with boards on the sides (like one or two), with what seemed to be more boards below, inside the hole (like a tunnel, with structural support). There was also a lightbulb in the hole, on the wall (also like dirt tunnels in the movies have, hanging bulbs and whatnot) that was illuminated.

I immediately knew this was a nightmare, due to the emanation of negative energy from the hole. This energy is always found in my nightmares, and therefore I always know I'm having a nightmare when I feel this energy. I can't describe it as anything but that, though....it's not something one can sense with our natural senses, I can just feel it, if you know what I mean.

Also, it should be noted that there were other people in there as well, in the library, but I don't know who.

I begin hovering and circling the room, emitting a screech from my mouth via inhaling and tightening my throat (some people can do this, I know I can, but this was much louder). This doesn't really make sense at a glance, but I think I was doing it to ward the hole. Like uh....I was being threatening in order to repel the nightmare (or energy, whatever.).

I land somewhere away from the hole and someone says something to me. I then access one of the computers, next to the hole actually, and begin scrolling down. I pass a few images, and when I near the bottom, I pass one of a woman (it was a shot of her from the shoulders up) who's face had been...uh...let's see...

The best way I can describe it would be that it looked like someone shot her in the face with a shotgun. There was a large, gaping hole on the left side that took up nearly her whole face, and the rest was torn, hanging flesh. (by hole, I mean it was about 5 inches wide, and at least 2 inches deep). I decide to ignore it, because as usual, if I focus on the nightmare, the worst outcome happens (by this, I mean that my dream attacks me and 'collapses'. Yes, my entire subconscious assaults me, I'm not kidding. It's like it warps into a dimension of black hell and fucks with my nerves)

I keep scrolling and pass a couple more pictures, that I recognize as ones I've uploaded. Apparently I was uploading pictures.

I then go back to flying around the room, screeching. After a little while, I go back to the person I talked to, then go back to the computer to upload more pictures. I scroll down to see if it worked (it skipped the actual uploading process) and when I get to where they should be, everything I uploaded is gone, and is instead replaced by the picture of the woman.

Bam.

Dream goes hostile and my senses shut off.

Typically, I'd feel as if something was attacking my middle lower back (the spine, nerve endings) which is a sensation that can be described as a jackhammer hooked up to a taser hammering into that spot.

This time, it happened, but it was much, much weaker. It was more like a tap, but still with the electricity feeling in my spine (the cord, specifically). It also felt like there was more force in it. Like, usually, it just feels like I'm being struck repeatedly, but this one felt more like a determined touch.

Usually, I get very tense during said assaults, but this time, I ended up relaxing while whatever happened happened. It didn't last very long either, it was only a couple of taps before dissipating.

I woke up, and was paranoid for awhile, not able to get back to sleep for a few minutes, paranoid that the woman would show up.

Later, however, when I was up, getting ready for work, I sat in the chair in our living room and thought about the dream.

That is when I realized that the assault phase didn't really seem like an attack, like usual, but more like peaceful contact...and I also realized that it almost felt as if I could sense emotion in it, affection perhaps, though I didn't realize it at the time. So I wonder if the woman I saw, who was the emanation I sensed most likely, did not have the intent to attack, but rather to make contact. After all, I did ignore her the first time I was on the computer. Maybe she just wanted my attention, and when I gave it to her, she was able to make contact.

I don't believe in ghosts, which my dream seemed to portray her as, but I am curious about this now, and would like to meet this woman again in my dreams. I'm not longer intimidated by her as I was in the dream, only interested in why she chose to contact me instead of attack, like all the other nightmares.

(Yes, I realize that it's not real, and is just a dream, but I'm still curious)

She also seems to have a sense of personality. For some reason, she reminds me of Celty from Durarara (personality....not making a joke about her head.)
Back to top Go down

Nightmare misinterpretation?
Page 1 of 1