Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HMD: Calm Before the Storm

Go down 
+4
Capricorn Hunter
JadeDemilich
Zentaku
Gravekit
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

HMD: Calm Before the Storm Empty
PostSubject: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyThu 5 Sep 2013 - 22:49

This was posted with Tim's permission!

So in the great land beyond that I come from (aka journal RP), every person and character was required to have a "How's my Driving?" post. The purpose of this post was for other people to be able to comment on your character and your roleplaying. Let me be clear in saying that it wasn't for bashing, rather for saying what you like about characters/decisions but also asking questions about things that don't make sense to you, motivations, etc.

So here it is, folks. Don't quite get what's going on in a character's head? Really like what someone is doing with their character? That's what this thread is for -- for everyone to discuss these things.

Keep it polite and constructive or I'll break your kneecaps. ♥
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 9:35

...Zeke sucks for reasons!

Does the big fella have any previous jumping from high places experience? He seemed to do rather well.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 9:47

Not to be condescending or anything, but given Jake's martial arts background, I would have thought he could control his fall better. I mean, I know his hands were full of plants and spencer and whatnot, but still. . .
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 12:22

He's been thrown by what I assume was a pretty strong psychic power, and been running on injuries while his headache has only gotten worse as the day and mostly combat has gone on... also he was carrying the other guy in one hand and a plant in the other... he didn't land very hard just isn't getting up well.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 14:01

Just making sure: everyone IS aware that there is a pitched battle going on right over our heads, right? I'm not the only one concerned about sitting here, right?
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 14:08

Well, the Air Head is in no condition to fight at the moment, and is having trouble staying conscious so... Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 14:10

*pulls out knife. Hot-wires car.* Kay let's go
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 14:14

Vroom Vroom, bitches.

Why did you pick the powers you did for your character? Just wondering. I like them.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 14:30

Gonna roll out.
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 14:59

Colin, no, he hasn't really jumped from high places for fun or survival a lot, but he's got a decent amount of Basic Anatomy Knowledge to know that landing certain ways is rough. It still stung for him, as most jumps from heights are going to do even with proper landings, but eh.
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 15:19

I was kind of basing the power ideas on characters like Zatanna and John Constantine, Deadman, most of Justice League Dark, as a matter of fact. Most of her personality was actually supposed to be based on Raven from Teen Titans.
Really just thought to myself, what kind of powers could I choose that kind of halfway make it look like she is doing magic?
Considered True Marionette and Umbrakinesis for a while, but in the end decided to go for a more utility mix of powers.
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

Random : If you're going to commit suicide then I'll kill you.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 16:20

That's a pretty interesting concept behind the character, though what made you not pick those latter two powers?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 6 Sep 2013 - 17:06

Well, mostly started with mediumship, and everything else just kind of fell in around it. Corpse marionette was a shoe-in, Dark Speech and Familiar just made sense, and if I have to control all of that I have to be able to see what I am doing, which meant Clairvoyance was a necessity.
I didn't take straight Marionette because it was twice the point cost, and it would have left me lacking in other aspects. As for Umbra, I really did consider it against clairvoyance for the longest time, but in the end it was more useful to me to be able to see and direct what was around me than it was to shape the darkness.
Had I a few more points to spend, I would have taken it, but the composition is good, I think
Back to top Go down
ShinJix
ShinJix

Random : Ness opened up the trash can and found a Hamburger.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptySat 7 Sep 2013 - 19:57

so, Swindle. what made you pick those specific powers for Janis?
Back to top Go down
Swindle11
Swindle11

Random : If you're going to commit suicide then I'll kill you.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptySat 7 Sep 2013 - 20:09

Lol, well, you helped me come up with it somewhat, but it's because it makes her a very powerful duelist while still being not broken because she can only do that stuff during a Challenge and what-not. Outside of it, she still needs other people to help/save her, and also really clumsy. They also synergize pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Ichiyoru
Ichiyoru

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptySat 7 Sep 2013 - 23:31

May I ask if I've crashed yet? I've only done personal small group (Like 4 people at max) Roleplays...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 18:02

My dear, this is my first roleplay ever. You are doing just fine- it just takes a bit of time to get used to something like this. Take it at your own pace, and we'll see you sprout new wings.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 18:36

There are so many people it can be a little unnerving. But you haven't done anything stupid yet so you're fine.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013 - 16:42

Might be dropping from this, this is honestly the only time I post anything on this forum and this is it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HMD: Calm Before the Storm   HMD: Calm Before the Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

HMD: Calm Before the Storm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: Roleplaying :: Roleplay Discussions-
Jump to: