Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings Empty
PostSubject: Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings   Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings EmptyWed 20 Aug 2014 - 2:24

WHAT IS TAROT?
A tarot deck is a pack of 78 cards split into five suits used for fortune-telling. There's the literal definition.

Traditionally, there are two types of tarot readings; open-ended, where you go into it without a singular question and are told whatever the cards/spread has for you -- and then question-based, which is self-explanatory. You have a specific thing you need answered, and the spread  correlates with that.

There are two ways to interpret the "purpose" of tarot; one, as a literal form of divination consulting a higher power (the spirit of a deck, a deity, etc), and two, as a way to prod at your own subconscious and lead you to decisions/answers based on what's already in your own head. I personally believe in a combination of both, but will not be offended if you do not -- just don't knock on me for putting personal significance to it.

MECHANICS OF TAROT
Readings, as stated, are either done freestyle or in response to a specific question. Freestyle varies depending on what the reader feels is appropriate, so there's no real way to describe it. However, when questions are asked, something called a "spread" is usually used. A spread is a specific way cards are laid out, in which each card's position corresponds to a particular part of an answer. A very basic example of this is the traditional "past/present/future" spread. I have more to look at HERE, and another page that's not mine HERE.

WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME AS A QUERENT?
If you'd like a reading from me, you agree to have it documented here within this thread. Your name will not be attached, but your question and the cards received in response will be.

Please PM me with your question, or state that you would like an open reading. If you would like to google around and find a spread you like, feel free to do so -- otherwise, I will pick based on what is most fitting.

Lastly, please understand that responses will not be immediate. I have a lot going on offline, but I will get to your reading when time is available.

If you have any questions not covered here, please feel free to ask. I have no issue with answering them.
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings   Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings EmptyTue 26 Aug 2014 - 21:52

A reading about fortune/monetary matters. To be fair now that I read back the querent did say "luck", so I will perhaps redo this one, as the spread was geared towards something more specific.

--

Current financial situation and present relationship to money: Five of Pentacles. Pentacles are all about wealth, whether it be money -- like in this case -- or other resources. On the other hand, Fives are connected to severity and a feeling of fear. Quite literally, Five of Pentacles is the textbook "down on the times" card. In the Rider-Waite deck the illustration is of two poor people outside of a church, and in the deck I'm using it is rather two people alone together in the snow. Fives also bring about questions as to pride, and here it is this: are you sacrificing pride for profit? Likely. You are currently in an uncomfortable situation for sake of necessity. It's not what you want, and it's barely enough to be what you need. Right now you are probably viewing money as an unattainable thing, something far-off and frustrating.

Core beliefs and feelings about money that affect you: Eight of Wands, Inverted. Transcendence of limitation, quick development, a fiery energy. When it comes to money, you would like it to be outside of the box, something you do at your own pace and with your own twist. At its core you will not be satisfied with something that limits you too strongly. It needs to be unique. You hold yourself to this so strongly thta it is painful to invalidate.

Past influences that have shaped your ideas and feelings regarding money: Three of Wands. Another fiery card. Improvisation, using what is available to make due, knowledge. Pride and power. A feeling of greatness, entitlement but without the negative connotations of such a word. In short: always knowing you could do it, and holding yourself to that ideal still now.

Fourth card: Represents your spiritual, but in this case intellectual perhaps? connection to money and lessons that need to be learned. Knight of Wands, Inverted. Knights are the essence of the older end of youth, coming off and towards a fierce uprising, empowered -- while Wands is, again, fire. Upright, suggests positive aggression and a stubborn attitude -- inverted implying that the aggression is becoming a hinderance. As established throughout the rest of the reading, you have a very particular attitude about money and how you should be earning it. That's absolutely fine. But the lesson to keep in mind from this card may be to ease into it. rome wasn't built in a day. You need building blocks to step out of a strict economic system -- sadly, it's not something you can just tear yourself out of. Patience. You have what it takes, even if the change doesn't happen overnight.

Actions needed to change your financial situation: Five of Cups. Five again, tracing back to loss, and Cups, emotion. Described as "the card of spilled milk", a fixation on what is lost rather than what is gained. Shame, hopelessness, solved only with a resolution to both look forward and acknowledge what progress has been made for what it is. You are further than you ever were before, even if that "further" only feels like a starting point. You have done things. You have accomplished, and you will continue to. To aim for higher sights does not mean you need to feel poorly about the "lower".  It is crucial at this point to change the way you are looking at money and the ways you acquire it, as gradually as you work towards your ideal of it. The two need to meet comfortably; do not demean or lower yourself but do not lose motivation to go further. Everything will fall into place as this change is made, as it is about affecting what you CAN change rather than being in distress over what you can't.
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com

Jas' Tarot Readings/Journalings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Graveyard Dirt-
Jump to: