Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marble City

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Marble City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyFri 18 Mar 2016 - 18:38

Vess 'Ell
Character Details:

The Anonymous Syndicate:

Hex/Patron Planning:

Vess' Shop:

Ohhh, where do I start with Vess?
Okay, this was a character I created years ago when Best was wanting our group to try Pathfinder for the first time, so I shrugged and started looking through the pathfinder srd class listing. Eventually, I came across the witch, which I hadn’t been too impressed with back when it was a class out of the DM’s guide, but I decided to give it a chance. I immediately fell in love with the class, and built this character to test some of its more interesting options.
This was also one of my test characters for playing an evil character, and though I had very little time to play her, she is probably the character I have done evil best with. She was smart, she was charming, she was cunning, and she was opportunistic. Of course, she was also sadistic, bloodthirsty, and psychotic, but what can you do?
Vess grew up far outside the city, near the swamps, and spent the days of her youth tending herbs, often by herself, while she talked to the dark spaces between the herbs and trees. One night, the darkness began to whisper back, imparting fell knowledge onto her young mind. It was not long before she murdered her own parents in order to study under the voices in peace, and when she was a bit older, she packed her bags and moved to the city
In the city, she set up shop as an apothecary. Vess was not necessarily respected (more like feared), and people were often unsettled by her eccentricity, but she provided an essential service, and not many of her lower- and middle-class clientele had other options, so she did decent business, and was able to go about it in peace
That stopped at the start of the campaign, when she took in the survivor of a street brawl (one of the PCs) to treat him, and promptly got her shop closed down by the city watch (they didn’t target her specifically- all the shops on the street got shut down, too). Why did they do this? Dunno, we only got a few sessions in and then the game died. Don’t remember why, but I think it had something to do with Best’s computer dying and him losing all of his character notes. Either way, it was really annoying, because I loved this goddamn character, crazy and murderous as she was.
One thing that actually pissed me off was Vess’ shop. Due to her background, Best pretty much allowed me to run wild with this thing, and design it how I wanted, so I spent a long time building it, drawing up how it would work, imagining what it looked like, etc. her treatment areas, the plants everywhere, her tea sets, the little hide-away garden with the willow tree- it was fantastic. (and the bear traps- oh my god, the bear traps)
Aaand then Best took it away from me within half an hour of the campaign starting.
I just about punched him in the face.
That said, I actually had a fun moment while it lasted.
So, the guards came in looking for the PC (who was hiding in the cellar, the trapdoor to which was hidden under a rug), and while two of them set about searching through the place, Vess sat there and started talking to the guy who was keeping an eye on her. Managed to get him talking about some injuries he had sustained on the job, and because she was an apothecary by trade she managed to bluff the hell out of him and convinced him to take an herbal supplement with some tea she made him. So she grabbed a tea cup and some supplies and took him out to the garden. What she didn’t mention was that the tea was a powerful sleep aid, and it promptly knocked him unconscious. (all the while, the other guards were busy in the cellar).
Once he was asleep, Vess pulled out her knife and slit his throat.
I then proceeded to have Vess start carving him up and burying bits of his body all around the garden so his corpse wouldn’t be found and so I could fertilize her garden.
The Entire Time everybody around the table was staring at me like ‘Dude, what the Fuck?!’, to which I looked back and said something along the lines of ‘I told you this was the kind of character I was playing- what did you honestly expect?’
Ehhh, it was fun while it lasted

Vess ‘Ell is probably one of the characters I most wish I could go back and play again, but she was built for that specific kind of setting, and I’m not sure it would feel right having her play anywhere else.

Two other things of note

First, as you can probably guess, Vess was kind of an asshole. As I mentioned above, bear traps in pathfinder were op, especially at low levels. So, instead of, say, having a crossbar and a whistle to deter thieves and fans of B&E, Vess spread fucking bear traps all throughout the inside of her shop. Now, this might have been dangerous to customers, except Vess led her patients around the shop herself, and was very particular about them not moving around by themselves. Considering not only her reputation but also the various and expensive implements lying around and the possibly toxic substances scattered all over the place, no one really wanted to test that policy of hers.

Second, strange as it may seem, Vess actually liked children. Not as in pedophilia, not as in she wanted kids of her own, but in the sense that she found them amusing. Kids don’t think in the same ways adults do, so when she asks kids questions, she will get different and more interesting answers, which frequently made her laugh.
It was not uncommon for a couple of kids to be playing in the street, when suddenly all the adults head inside, along with all their playmates. They had no idea what was going on, and no one was around to explain it to them. Then, they hear footsteps. Up the cobblestone street walks a woman with an eerie smile on her face and a basket hanging on her arm. Her smile grows wider as she spots the children, and she lengthens her strides to meet them.
Onlookers see the madwoman approach the children and kneel down to look them in the eyes. She talks to them for a good minute or two, seemingly asking them some questions. Rather abruptly, she throws back her head and emits a bright peal of laughter. Still chortling, she reaches into her basket and pulls out a couple of apples and drops them in the kids’ hands. She ruffles their hair as she gets back to her feet, and walks away, and it is only after she has disappeared around the corner that everyone leaves the safety of the buildings and returns to business as usual. A few of them stop to make sure the children are alright, but most just make a sign to ward off evil and continue on their way

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 21:37

Eryk Vorgall
Character Details:

…To be honest, I actually don’t remember all that much about Eryk. I know he was my first attempt at a barbarian, I know he was built for one of our excursions into the Eberron campaign setting, and I know he was built as the replacement for the campaign when I had to drop Abgarz (whom I have mentioned before), but beyond that there isn’t much
I do know that one of his big character points was his straight-up immunity to magic. This made him the bane of every spellcaster in existence, but it also made healing him a little difficult, and I believe there was at least one situation in which we were supposed to be teleported somewhere(?) and Eryk had to make other arrangements to walk there because the transportation magic simply wouldn’t affect him
He was also meant to be a stoneworker as a hobby, carving statues to make money on the side and making friends with other stoneworkers (primarily dwarves) but if I recall accurately the game didn’t last long enough for this to happen

Cool concept, but can’t say much about him. If TS or Blood happen to remember anything about this guy, just nudge me
Actually, if I remember right, this guy also served alongside TS’ first rendition of Dominus. Wow, that puts things in perspective (considering TS came up with that concept some 5-6 years ago)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 23:04

Cora Lyn
Character Details:
Spells:
Exhibitionist:

Cora was one of my early attempts to make a spellcasting character, a lot like I did with Selruil, except that she was a lot more playable and personable. Unfortunately, she lasted an even shorter time. I think her campaign literally lasted one session before people got bored and it was binned, which was sad, because Cora was set up to be so fun to play
Cora moved away from home at a fairly early age, into the big city. She soon ran out of money, and the only way she could pay her way was to sell her body. In the Halfling spirit of things, she went out of her way to enjoy doing so, to the point where she habitually took her clothes off in public just so she could see the shock on people’s faces (which she took as a compliment).
Prostitute, performer, fashionista, social butterfly, small-time info hustler, and eventually adventurer, Cora led an interesting life, to be certain. That would have continued too, if she’d been given half a chance. Oh well
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2016 - 22:56

Amanda Moreau

Character Details:

Amanda was designed as a character for one of Best's attempted 'Life in the Pits' rps over on the Terraria forum (the old version, not the new version). I had her pretty well set up as a character, and i actually looked forward to designing various different personas for her. Alas, it was not to be, as people rather quickly lost interest in the roleplay and it died within a few weeks of beginning. Sad, but it seems to be a running theme, sad as that may be

Funny thing, though: Kinetic Manipulation was fun and all, but i actually wanted Amanda to cycle through powers until i found one i liked, which for this character might have been either intuitive power or umbrakinesis. At this stage, who honestly knows

*looks at watch*
meh, at this point, might as well go ahead and bury Eveleen

*from behind the trees*
I'm not dead yet!

*sighs*
yeah, i know
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 11:41

(Nameless Drow Priestess)

What level is geas, and can I use it as a cleric?
Is it possible/reasonable to have my character start campaign w/ the disease warp touch?
Using silent spell, can I still cast if I am in the middle of a conversation?
If a character were in a coma-like stupor (suffering the effects of sannish, for example) would they still be allowed will saves vs mind-effecting spells and effects?
High mental stats, mid-ground Con, dex or str dump?
Do I want to go warpries, full manipulator, or a mix of both?
1 day- 1 dose of liquid agony per person. No person can give more than 1/day, and cannot produce more doses than they have con score

Assume 10 Con
400 people (half finishing cycle, half entering), produce 400 a day, or 2000 doses in a 5-day period (when the veteran half are leaving and the new batch is coming in). assuming 30-day months, this means 6 cycles, or 12000 doses a month
@ 3xp per dose, that is 36,000 expendable xp in a given month, using average humans
Assume cost of upkeep per 5 day cycle is 5cp
5cp x 10=50 x400= 20,000cp x 1/10 x1/10= 200g upkeep, which is the same as the market price for a single dose of liquid agony. So per cycle, it costs me one dose to pay for the upkeep. The real cost is getting everything set up

Drow ‘priestess’
What does priestess mean in this case?
Requires a few levels of cleric (or in rare cases warlock) but can otherwise be whatever works for them

Some subsets under consideration
• War-priest- on the lower end. Need to double-check but WP tend to be more main-line melee tanks. I want her to have some physical presence, but not quite to this degree. Like I said, need to check
• Manipulator- crossing with others, this is probably the front-runner; deceiving others on the ship, acting as an ‘elven cleric’ while in disguise. She works from behind the scenes, getting others to do the heavy lifting while she takes what she wants. If going the builder route, will need at least part of this in order to pull off some of the bigger schemes. That said, if I don’t want to go through the trouble myself, I can always have others craft for me.
• Builder- manufactures magic items and builds constructs to kill for her. Sure the manipulator could get someone to do this for her, but the builder cuts out the middle-man
• Gunslinger- idea I had where the priestess came to the surface, discovered guns, and converted a lot of her stuff to use firearms instead. Ranged is not optimal for a cleric, but still
• Warlock- just what it says- warlock instead of priest. Opens some options, closes others.
• Healer- any cleric can heal injuries, even a cleric of Lolth. Mind you, a dedicated healer can still fill other roles, this would simply be the foremost focus
• Main caster- magic-heavy. Clerical focus and magic prestige classes to get the most from spells
• Leader- is building an army- followers, mercenaries, constructs, what have you
• Necromancer- ties with leader, otherwise pretty self-explanatory.
Honestly, manipulator seems the best. It matches what I want, doesn’t distract from spellcasting or physical fighting, just focuses on using her presence as a face to get what she wants

Corrupt spell-like ability, dark speech, evil brand, lichloved, willing deformity, deformity (eyes)

This is a character who never actually got a name, but I really wanted to play. She was going to be a drow priestess who came to the surface for power, and I was most likely going to run her as a manipulator/leader who amassed her own personal army while posing as an innocent cleric on Dom’s ship. The odds were good that the party would never even know what she was doing, because she would never do anything visibly suspicious, and only late-game when a particular trigger went off would she drop the façade and let her colors fly.
The wall of text, theory, and math up at the top was actually the basis of a scheme for her to get cash-flow to fund her efforts. She kidnaps people (or has them kidnapped) in large quantities, brought to a certain location, and tortured on special equipment, day in and day out. Each day, this specific combination of torture, equipment and magic produces from each person a dose of what is called liquid agony, an evil and magical substance that can substitute for experience in crafting processes or increase magical power. They could also be sold on the market, fetching 200 gold a dose. Doing this, she could pay her mercenaries, build golems, or any other number of things. The scary thing? The above numbers were only for a single increment; if I increased the numbers of people in the facility or simply had more facilities, her gains increased dramatically.
So you must be asking yourself: Jade, if you were so invested in this character, why is there only theory here? Why are there no details? Why are there no stats? Why doesn’t she even have a name? Well, that’s because this character was built for the current Artifact campaign that Umbra is running, and when I went to Umbra with all of these details and ideas, what I got back was, ‘yyyeah, drow don’t exist in this world’

Sooo, the character was scrapped and we moved on
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Mar 2016 - 14:08

Ursula

Character details:

Ursula was originally conceived as a character from Johnny’s background, and was in fact his girlfriend. She was supposed to serve as kind of a trick mirror to Johnny, serving more as a merchant as an adventurer and trying to enjoy the life she had despite the curse instead of being an angsty ragelord. Thing is, that actually made her a lot more fun in concept, and I find myself now wishing that I had played her instead, having Johnny serve as something of a ‘mysterious stranger’ who occasionally helped the party out of tough fights. Oh well, live and learn
Ursula was meant to be more playful, more cunning, and more slippery. She worked specifically as a smuggler, specializing in moving and selling magic items, which also meant that she had access to extra gear above and beyond what someone her level should have had.
I do know that I had her set up to fight with a hook and dagger, and had high enough stealth stats that she could almost always pull off her sneak attack.
I will say that Ursula was never fully vetted or played, and I came up with her character concept a very long time ago, so pretty much all this info is subject to question.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyThu 31 Mar 2016 - 14:08

Eveleen

Character Details:

Character Backstory:

Eveleen was designed for a campaign that Plu-V was going to run…buuut given how it has been about 4 months and there hasn’t been any real talk about the campaign, I am going to guess that it is already dead. Still, I loved this character, so I am going to go ahead and bury her here.
The actual class set-up for Eveleen was really tricky, because I knew I wanted her to be good in main combat, and have a shit-ton of maneuvers she could utilize. Well, swordsage offered her plenty of skills and maneuvers, as well as the bulk of the disciplines I wanted her to have, but warblade offered her full BAB, some useful class skills, and was the only class that could utilize the Iron Heart discipline. So I finally broke down and had her multiclass. I think that at around lvl 18 she was going to be an 11/7 split, favoring swordsage
Discipline-wise I had to cut down severely on what I wanted her to use. I finally settled on Diamond Mind and Iron Heart in order to emphasize her calculating, rational mind, massive willpower, and high level of skill, throwing in some Stone Dragon for extra strength, power, and defense, and sprinkling some Tiger Claw to give some dichotomy between the calm storm she displays and the primal rage she has deep inside her.
Dramatic? Yes. That’s the way I do things

With this build, Eveleen was meant to be a mobile fighter; not exactly a tank, but still a frontline combatant who could dish up damage consistently

As you can probably tell, Eveleen’s main weapon was going to be a bastard sword, a favored weapon in both of her primary styles. This one in particular though was made out of what was known as black metal, a combination of silver and iron. This mix allowed the weapon to be of special threat to anything vulnerable to silver, as well as acting as a magical weapon versus constructs, fey, and undead.
Her back-up is her kukri, which acted as her primary when she was working as a maid (as she couldn’t exactly carry around a full-sized sword without making people nervous). This particular weapon was beautifully made, and was constructed of adamantine, making it naturally more deadly of a weapon.
She was also going to have a greatsword of some make and material to emphasize Stone Dragon maneuvers, but I decided to ignore that at game start and decide whether or not it would be worth it later in the game

As for her look, I knew basically what I wanted it to look like, but there really isn’t too great or easy a way to describe it so here we go
Her dress looked mostly like this:
https://56.media.tumblr.com/80a030354ab1aec0b01dae248684b599/tumblr_nudyd1WQMb1r2r59eo1_1280.jpg
mixed with a little of this:
https://56.media.tumblr.com/9ce25248968701c86c83effd0f2ceeea/tumblr_nu2o4hyXGV1r2r59eo1_1280.png
but Eveleen herself looked a little bit more like this:
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kitsune-Lanza-71517589
just with much darker fur
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Jun 2016 - 20:19

Leena

Character Details:

Character Background:

Power Specifics:

Oh god, where do i start with this?
Leena was, as most of you will recall, my character for the latest Alphas campaign, which should tell you why she ended up here. And the thing is, I love this series, I enjoy hearing about this setting and its details, and coming up with characters for these games is always a great time, but it is becoming so. fucking. hard. to get into these games, because without fail these games have ended before we even get through day fucking one. I realize this is nothing new to games, but it's still discouraging, because so much time and energy goes into putting a character together and imagining what will happen with them (both within the confines of the game and without), so to have all of that go to waste is just... yeah

anyhow, onto better topics

Leena was specifically meant to take me out of my comfort zone, being more of a social butterfly and a kind of 'party face' while at the same time being someone who couldn't actually blend in with normal society.
The other thing that made this character especially difficult for me in particular was the fact that i forced myself not to set anything in stone. Oh I had headcanons of what she would be like and such, but Leena was meant to be a character who was shaped by the world around her. Yeah, I had her set up as a happy, pleasant, and overall 'good' person, but after so much happened to her she could have swung either way. On the one hand, she could have had great support from her fellow alphas over the course of her change into a slime girl, and kept up how she used to be, protecting and helping people, and eventually becoming an Alphas liason and diplomat after the events of the UnHonorable War. On the other hand, she could have gotten no help in a world that largely considered her a monster, and eventually just broken down mentally and ethically. In the latter case, she would have started fighting out of frustration, until she found out she liked fighting and hurting people, eventually becoming a cruel sadist who enjoyed torturing and killing people just because she could
then again, it could have been that neither of these came to pass. who knows? I never will

I picked Leena because I specifically wanted to go with the slime girl aesthetic, but after thinking about it Leena actually got a fuck-ton of other benefits, from all-directional vision to virtual environmental immunity (didn't need air, immune to toxins and diseases, etc). Hell, one of her really cool abilities that i never had the ability to become obvious was that while she needed to eat to survive (technically) she also had the ability to eat solely for the purpose of gaining mass, which allowed her to increase her strength and tanking ability dramatically, at the cost of being stupidly visible.
future powers were undecided, for the same reason that her character development was left unfinished. that said, i actually had a recurring desire to give her bullet time for pure entertainment value.

and at the end of the day, that's what I wanted out of Leena: a good time. I set her up to just go with the flow. if her sisters re-enterred the campaign at some point, fine, but other than that she would have just adapted to fit whatever we were doing, and allow me to have fun at the same time

Oh, and a final note since i think it was funny: her costume in-game went through a couple of different ideas, which also included a genderbent version of Doctor Octavius (spiderman) and an armored battle suit (which is why i actually wanted to fight my first Honor Guard initially), but i finally settled on kind of an Amazon-type disguise. Between the huge stature, the musculature, and the...shall we say assets, there was plenty of room for Leena's amorphous body to settle in (which was good, because she was carrying the body mass of two people at that point).
the suit itself was hard to describe, but I'll do what I can. the bulk of the costume was made basically of neoprene, like what a scuba diver would wear- all black except for some stripes of green and black along her sides and going down her limbs. Over the bodysuit however were some pieces that looked a lot like scales, and were meant to simulate armor. there were two panels for her chest, one on her front and one on her back, there were grieves, gauntlets, and pauldrons.
I said this before, since i couldn't find a good picture, but if you ever go and play Neverwinter Nights 2 with a female character and end up wearing scale mail, that's essentially what it would look like.
Finally, she wore a wig of black hair over the hood of the suit, and a mask over her 'face'. the mask was also basically impossible to find, but if you watch gladiator, and see a lot of the steel/silver masks that a lot of the gladiators wear, it would like like one of those, except it would look like a snake baring its fangs.

Leena was a lot of fun coming up with the design for, and it is a damn shame she never got her due time in-game
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016 - 16:39

Odds

I don’t even know where to start with this character, though I should probably preface everything by saying that this is perhaps the single most controversial character I have ever created. That won’t make sense right now, but trust me, you’ll get it.

Little bit of background fluff: in this world that was custom-built by Best, Odds was born in izmer, which was basically a country of xenophobic humans who hated anything that wasn’t human. Since she was born of a human mother and a ghostly father, Odds childhood was torturous. Case in point: Odds is the closest thing to a name she actually had, but she was never given a real name; Odds is something she started calling herself just so that she was certain she actually existed. Life was so bad for her in izmer that she actually ran away at the tender age of 8, made her way south, managed to get passage on a ship, and ended up in the Burning Lands. The Burning Lands were a series of interconnected volcanic islands inhabited by the absolute worst humanity had to offer.
It was in the Burning Lands that Odds learned the secrets of chaos magic, and discovered that killing things was preferable to actually putting up with people. She developed from there and eventually became known as ‘That Bitch’, with a reputation for settings towns on fire just for fun.
Odds’ primary motivations were two-fold: first and foremost, she wanted to enjoy herself. She was born with one foot in the grave, and her own magic threatened to kill her at any moment, so she made a point to simply have as much fun as she possibly could. Secondly, she desired power. She grew up despised and neglected, and she wanted to become powerful enough that there wouldn’t be a single sentient soul from the Abyss to the Heavens that didn’t know and fear who she was

This was fantastic for me, because I have this bad habit of making characters with very specific and thematic motivations that almost never turn out how I want them to. With goals so simple but also so vague, but with a still-defined character, playing Odds was very simple. But, it came with a problem…
The specific campaign we were set up for more or less required that our group’s members be able to work together. Pretty much the entire group told me that trying to play a chaotic evil character would be next to impossible for this game, but I thought to myself, ‘guys, all we have to do is make sure she has people to kill and we’ll be fine. Saving the world might not appeal to her, but we have shiny artifacts and a world full of assholes- this’ll be easy.’
I was…sadly mistaken, and that showed itself from session one

In our opening battle, I made an explosion and decided that the rest of the group had the fight well in hand, so I went back and started looting the body of one of the people who had showed up to our meeting, taking some gold and the artifact he was carrying. To me, this was nothing to get upset over, and I wasn’t even trying to hide it, but apparently the simple fact that I did it and didn’t explicitly tell the group set the tone of small issues that made playing Odds almost unbearable.

The big issue though started with the DM asking me a simple question. Best happened to ask me if I would be willing to kill another party member, because he wanted to have things prepared. I didn’t want to throw him or a loop and I wanted to be honest with him, so I said yes, because Odds totally would. That said, I didn’t want to just fight the party over anything, because that would ruin the game (lol) so I limited myself to one instance, and I told Tim as much: I would only kill another party member If we found an artifact that Odds really wanted, Odds Told the party she really wanted that artifact, and another member of the party basically said, ‘you are Never getting your hands on this thing’, and Actively made attempts to stop her. Even In this case, I made a point of saying that I would only fight That Particular party member.
I thought this was all well and good: true to the character, but it was so specific it would never come to pass.
Well, no. Turns out the DM wanted the party to know that my character was willing to party-kill, but apparently forgot to mention the limitation. This raised many red flags, and one particular member of the group took it very personally, and though I hadn’t done anything against them or against their character at all, they made very pointed comments at me, prepared to fight me at any time, and was generally distrustful of me.
And…it kind of went downhill from there.
I should probably mention at this point that I was also dealing with perceived trust issues from this and one other party member due to a previous campaign. This’ll make sense in a second.

So here I am, distrusted by the group in general because I am the only evil member of the group and apparently I am willing to fight them at the drop of a hat. Due to this, I go off to do stuff by myself, because it is less stressful that way. I even go out of my way to Only do really evil stuff on my own time and away from the group. Hell, I even went out of my way to try and be secretive about stuff, not because I was trying to harm the group, but because I just wanted to be alone and have some space to myself. But, regardless of what I did, either do to the DM spoiling things for other people or due to the party’s own distrustful scrying on me, everyone always knew what I was doing. Always
And it just started to grate on me, and it actively pissed me off. So I started doing worse things, thinking, ‘okay, if they are going to distrust me no matter what I do, then fuck it, I’ll give them something to worry about’. This eventually ended up included cloning myself and Actively making plans to combat the party.
Yeah, that’s right. I did not go into the campaign wanting to Party-Kill, but due to the party’s own actions I was fucking Ready to throw down. It eventually got to the point that not only were some of the other members of the group considering quitting the game simply because of the stress of gaming with me, I was considering the same thing, because I was sick and tired of having to deal with their distrust of things that they’d usually only imagined I had done

Which I still find incredibly sad, because Odds was, hands-down, the single most-fun character I have Ever played in a D&D game.

Like I said before, I usually create characters that I don’t get to play to their fullest because the thematics don’t fit in with the campaign as a whole, but it actually goes deeper than that. In basically every game I have ever played, I have felt overshadowed by the other players. I usually play well-rounded characters, which leads to my getting outplayed in literally everything I do because the other players specialize So Heavily that they are basically gods (in some cases, this statement is actually literal). Needless to say, I end up feeling useless and redundant, and that does not make playing the game any fun for me at all.
But with Odds, that feeling didn’t exist
With Odds, I didn’t have to give a shit, because not only did her stupidly-powerful chaos magic allow her to keep up with the rest of the party, but she didn’t care. I just did whatever was fun for me. Even when I was under intense scrutiny by the rest of the group, for the first time since I started playing D&D six years ago, I was having the time of my life playing this character.

And I think that is the reason I am still so salty about the rest of the party’s treatment of me and of this character, because this was a character that I enjoyed playing without restraint and without remorse, but because of how she fit in with the party dynamic I couldn’t express or share my sheer enjoyment of this character with anyone else.
Hell, that’s probably the main reason I Continued to play Odds, even when it became apparent that it was going to be so stressful. I had come up with Multiple back-up characters, but I could never just make the leap, have Odds plane-shift out and bring in a new character because I wanted so desperately to defy everyone else and show that Odds was a fun but viable character.

*sighs*
Oh well, the campaign is over now
(still partially convinced that the campaign died because of me, but Best keeps insisting that is not the case)

If there were a redeeming factor to be found in this whole affair, it would be that in the aftermath and in the very long discussion over how I acted during the campaign, the main person who had a problem with my playing Odds in this fashion admitted that I played Odds true to form, and even admitted that Odds would have been a blast in a different campaign- it was just that I played Odds in the wrong campaign to have her be enjoyable for the group as a whole, and not just myself

With that in mind, Odds is going to be probably one of the first characters I outright PLAN on bringing back in future campaigns, just with a bit more forethought into how she will fit in with the other party members

Character Specifics:

Note Set 1:

Note Set 2:

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Dec 2016 - 17:49

Prichard D'okk

Character Details:

Character Background:

Prichard was a character I created for the campaign my group is running, and a bit of an oddity to be honest. For one thing, he's not actually dead- the campaign wasn't dropped, he didn't die in any way. Hell, he's actually alive and working in Magic Town in-game. What happened was that I had all these ideas of where I wanted him to go, but ended up unintentionally stretching him too thin, stepping on people's toes, and ended up stalling his character development for long enough that it wasn't fun anymore. I might go back to him eventually, but I kind of doubt it.

Prichard was originally designed to be a tank- heavy armor, lots of hit points, meant to soak damage. Thing is, in this fairly-realistic setting, that was stupid dangerous. it didn't help that he was a mage that expended hit points for castings of spells.

I had two major directions I wanted Prichard to go...okay 3, but the first one doesn't count

1. I wanted him to build things- magic armaments and items. could have gone artificer, should have gone artificer, except that i wanted him to have better survivability. oh well

2. Prichard the Immortal- he ended up having so much health and general durability that even in-setting he could get stabbed in the heart and barely flinch, and gained fame/notoriety in-world for it. Funnily, this was actually the most believable of the three

3. Prichard makes living constructs. Heavily inspired by Frankenstein, except where Frankenstein abandoned what he created (because he only wanted to create life, not deal with the consequences) Prichard owned up to what he created and did his level best to raise them as his children (even if they are more intelligent than actual children). Intended for him to have (at minimum) a flesh golem daughter, a nimblewright son, an iron golem son, and a blackstone gigant daughter. This was the idea that mostly made me drop the character, not because it was a bad one, but because it was mostly unfeasible given the resources it would have cost, combined with the fact that Blood already had the minions schtick covered.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marble City   Marble City - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marble City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2