Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Cold Encounter

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

A Cold Encounter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 18:24

Thomas nodded in response. He was not unwise, as he knew this was an uncomfortable situation. But how could Vivienne ever hope to understand the position he's in? The Honour Guard wordlessly turned to walk away, his steps carrying him much further given his size. It was clear he was in pain, but that was the consequence he had to live by. As soon as he was a full block away he could be seen putting his helmet back on and taking a final glance back at an old friend and a list friends widow.

That's when Alexandre and Vivienne would notice the glance take much... Longer. He seemed almost frozen in space, before turning around entirely. His stance was still sullen, but now something else could be seen in it. To Vivienne it looked very determined about something but to Alexandre... Thomas was widening his stance, breathing was notibly shallow, and he was preparing. It was clear what was going on...
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

Random : Underestimate me so I can embarrass you.

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016 - 3:59

Still attached to her lofty friend, Vivienne kept pace with his massive steps. She appreciated that Alexandre needn't much verbal communication to pick on cues as well as his ability to adequately follow suit. Though, admittedly, she reflected on how brash she handled the situation.

She remained wary of the colossal figure until they were home. As the two kept walking, she would hear Thomas' footsteps from behind, taking powerful long strides that rhythmically worked in tandem with her's and Alex's less rambunctious steps.

The Honour Guard's footwork came to a sudden halt.

Hesitant to turn around, she unlatched herself from Alex. Despite her cautiousness, from the distance she saw Thomas facing in their direction, widening his stance. Perhaps he was preparing for take off, she thought. She looked to Alex for answers.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 12:30

Alexandre shortened his strides a little to make it easier for Vivienne to follow as he walked away, his head buzzing with many thoughts.

He thought it strange to see Thomas now, after all this time. It had been well over 25 years since then, and he was surprised to be remembered. Then again, he supposed it was difficult to forget someone so tall bulky. He almost smiled at the thought.

To join the Honour Guard was a decision not made lightly. Alexandre did not totally agree with what they were doing, but the general populace needed to be kept safe. It was something he had been struggling with for a while.

When he felt Vivienne stop beside him, he was pulled from his thoughts. Alexandre turned to his companion and noticed that she was staring back where they had left Thomas. With a quizzical frown, he turned as well and noticed him standing there. He stared for a moment, and his well-trained eyes caught the slight movements and change in posture.

Alexandre's eyes widened and he grabbed Vivienne by the arm, a little more roughly than he had intended.

"Vivienne, we need to leave. Now," he whispered, backing up quickly.

"Allons-y!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 15:47

With a loud click the Honour Guard could be seen launching forward using a number of jets present in his legs and lower back. With the stance he held now, it would have been clear to anyone that his intent was not to catch, but to kill in one fatal blow. Thomas could no longer be read, all that could be felt was determination. This Honour Guard wished them dead, and was going to do so at all costs. Even through this realization the Honour Guard would have made it halfway down the block, right fist forward and prepared.
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 19:58

Vivienne's gaze widened as she saw the Honour Guard propel himself forward towards her and her friend. With a panic and hardly enough time to take another breath, she dove to the side in an attempt to evade the rogue acquaintance.

Much to her luck, she landed on a pile of fresh snow that cushioned her fall but a sensation of pain shot through her right leg; Thomas' fist made contact with her ankle. The snow beneath her was now inked with her blood. With a wince, she tried to lift herself but promptly collapsed.

Distraught, she made shallow breaths while she surveyed her surroundings.

My dear friend. Where are you, Alex? she thought.

Last edited by Vizarra on Wed 27 Jan 2016 - 22:50; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I keep making mistakes in between edits.)
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 20:14

A hiss was all that was heard as the jets halted, the Honour Guard turning to face them,"Please, do not struggle. I do not wish you to feel pain. I only wish to save the world. So I beg of you, please kneel down and die. It;s for the best." Even through the cruelty, it was clear he was pained to say this.
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 0:17

... please kneel down and die.

Vivienne blinked back her tears and steadied her breathing. Lengthy breaths escaped her lips and transformed into warm mists that swirled in the cold midnight air. She looked up at her soon-to-be murderer and glared daggers. The pain from her ankle was replaced with a pulsing fury. Only once in her life has she been told to be submissive, and even then, the rage directed at her father never fully subsided. With her umbrella still within her grip, she rolled it up and planted it firmly into the ground. Using all the might left in her delicate body, she used it as a cane to prop herself up, never breaking eye contact with Thomas.

"I am Lady Vivienne de Trôm," she announced. "Fue Comtesse de la famille de Beaumont. I have been at the mercy of war and I will not stand, much less kneel, to scum that proclaims themselves as a soldier with a messiah complex. I knew a good soldier, and you aren't worth the dirt that buried him".

She spat at him.

Now accepting her fate, she decided to take this time to, at the very least, distract the Honour Guard. Wherever Alexandre was, she wished him well and the safety to escape Thomas.

"Be steadfast, you coward" she said. "It is rude to keep an old lady waiting."

She took a final breath.

"Soon, my love," she whispered. "I will see you soon, Beau."

What felt like a winter breeze passed through the core of her body and manifested in a physical form front of her.

Last edited by Vizarra on Thu 28 Jan 2016 - 1:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I keep making mistakes in between edits.)
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 2:14

Alexandre turned and ran, knowing full-well what was about to happen. It was going to be ugly, and no matter what reputation he had among his squad mates, even an ox stood no chance against a towering mechanized weapon. He did not wish to die.

He heard a heavy thud a few meters behind him, and the hulking man turned to see that Vivienne was not right behind him, but was in fact lying in the snow, bleeding and visibly shaken. He stopped dead in his tracks and felt a surge of anger swell in his chest. Regardless of his promise to Beau, Alexandre would protect Vivienne with all he had. She was truly his closest friend.

He was about to stomp forward when he he composed himself enough to assess the situation. This wasn't the time to blindly charge forward; despite Thomas being outnumbered 2-1, neither of them had the weapons to match. It was do or die tonight, and Alexandre definitely was not going to die. He clenched his fists and felt a surge of power in his limbs, and a sudden ache at the same time. He wasn't sure where this feeling came from, but he ignored it for now. 

Running back toward Vivienne, Alexandre was ready for a fight. He called out to her to let her know he was there and would help, and that it would be ok. 

"Vivienne! T'inquiète pas, mon amie. I am here!" He ran up beside her and looked at the blood-stained snow anxiously. Her little speech was worrisome, but unnecessary. However, he could do nothing but stare at the hulking silhouette of a winged man that, even in the dark, looked familiar to him even now.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 0:29

The Honour Guard faltered, looking at what rose before him as he couldn't help but stare,"My God... What has she done to you..." The Honour Guard backed off slightly with it clear that he was physically trembling in his suit.
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 1:46

The cold breeze before her manifested into a humanoid figure. From behind, Vivienne saw what looked like a silhouette of a man, muscular in stature but not singularly human. From the back of this solid shadow figure sprouted 6 foot wings that were coloured and shaped like that of a raven, keeping it afloat about 2 feet off the ground. On its sides were two strong arms that extended into feral claws from the tips of its hands.

The creature tilted its head up to look at the Honour Guard and let out a bone shivering roar that made the entire cemetery shudder. If the dead were to wake, one good look at this creature would send them back to their graves. Again.

In one swift motion nearly knocking Vivienne off her balance, the creature launched itself in Thomas' direction, left arm extended, aiming for his neck.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 19:26

The spirit impacted the Guard, knocking him backwards in surprise about an inch. While the Guard was still clearly frightened, he had a resolve to fix the problem strong enough to overcome as he also swung his arm toward the spirit,"I will not let you abuse the souls of the dead you Alpha trash!"
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 21:32

The knuckles on Vivienne's left hand throbbed, and removing her evening gloves revealed them to be bruised and freshly scarred. Breathing heavier than before, she struggled as she observed the spirit go head-to-head with Thomas.

The Honour Guard swung his arm at surprising speeds towards the creature, but his clumsy metallic appendage simply phased through it, like he was trying to catch smoke.

"
SUBMIT," it commanded, as if multiple voices of different pitches spoke at once.

The creature circled around to Thomas' back and attempted to bash one of the jets on his legs.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 22:30

Alexandre could only stare as the creature before him rose to its full height, giant feathered wings beating to keep it off the ground. He took notice of the menacing claws and recoiled a bit when he heard the roar coming from the creature. It was frightening to say the least, and Alexandre looked at Vivienne, concerned for her.

When the creature launched itself forward, Alexandre lunged toward his friend and grabbed her by the arm, pulling her back. He was skilled in hand-to-hand combat, very strong, and could handle a variety of weapons, but Alexandre was confident that none of the skills he possessed could prepare him for this. 

He held Vivienne close, and shuddered when he saw the winged creature attack Thomas and when it spoke. Its voice was...chilling. He followed its every move, and held his breath when the creature circled behind Thomas, preparing to attack.

Not knowing what else to do, Alexandre reached into his coat slowly and kept a hand on his glock.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 12:35

After his failed attack the Guard started to think, to glance around and wonder what his next move should be because he knew that he himself was not prepared to fight incorporeal targets like some of his allies. But there was one thing he could do, after looking at Vivienne.

"Well then, what are you waiting for Monster..." A light hiss escaped his suit as additional plates seemed to cover the suit and several pistons dug into the ground,"See if you have a chance at winning..."
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 2:27

Vivienne stabilized herself in Alexandre's arms, leaning her back against his chest slightly. She took a breath of relief as her hands ceased to ache but the wounds were still fresh. She observed the creature turn to glower at Thomas, no more than a couple inches between their faces. It responded to his challenge with his bared teeth and let out an ear piercing roar in defiance. It took to the skies, about 10 feet above him and circled the Honour Guard.

'It's looking for a weakness', she pondered.

In a fraction of a second, the creature flew higher and higher, nearly 20 additional feet in the air and somersaulted to plummet its way down going faster and faster. The closer it became to impact, Vivienne felt nauseous, as if her stomach plummeted at the same speeds. With a crashing boom, the creature's hammer fists made contact with the Honour Guard's shoulders.

Vivienne involuntary yelped and jerked forward, and coughing into the snow, strings of phlegm and blood coming out.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 2:44

Alexandre craned his neck up to follow the creature's line of travel, amazed that it could fly so high and so fast. He thought it was biding its time, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, or at the very least searching for some kind of weak point to use against the Guard. Alexandre swallowed nervously, a large hand finding his weapon as he slowly pulled it out of his inner jacket pocket and held it against his side. It felt lighter in his hands, but he paid that no mind.

Alexandre shivered when the creature roared again, and almost felt the impact of the monster's fists connecting with the hard metal of the Guard. However, when Vivienne jerked forward, he looked down and noticed the blood in the snow. His confusion quickly morphed into concern, and as gently as he could, Alexandre lifted her upright and tried to keep her steady.

"Vivienne?" he called. "Vivienne? Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 2:58

Withholding her coughing fit, Vivienne returned to her stately poise, pulling a satin handkerchief to dab the bodily residue from her lips. She cleared her throat and refused to show any more signs of pain, no matter how persistent they were.

"I will be alright, Alexandre. Thank you," she said calmly, braving a smile.

She collected herself and reasserted her position, back facing him. Her breathing steadily returned to a normal pace and refocused her gaze on the creature. What was it to do next? And would it stop with Thomas, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 14:48

The sound of the impact was loud, ringing across the graveyard enough so to wake the dead. But even so the Honour Guard stood strong, having not moved an inch. It seemed that the Guard wasn't even focusing on the spirit by this point, but instead at Vivienne... If she could see his eyes now they'd be the eyes of someone who is disappointed that they have already won. Even so, he continued to hold still, and did not say a word. His only regret was that he couldn't look away...
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 15:09

Alexandre didn't seem convinced, but he nodded anyway, keeping a firm grip on Vivienne. He continued to follow every move the demon made, but kept glancing back towards Thomas in his suit. It was strange to see something as powerful as an Honour Mech just sitting there, waiting to be attacked. 

Alexandre noticed that the beast's fists hardly made a dent in the tough metal despite the power behind the attack, and the resulting booming echo that rang through the graveyard. It eventually clicked that Thomas was waiting for something: an opportunity. Was he charging an attack? Or was he simply biding his time to catch the winged creature off-guard before he went to finish off him and Vivienne? Steeling his expression, Alexandre made his decision.

Grabbing a firm hold of Vivienne, he hoisted her into the air and threw her over his shoulder as if she were merely a sack of potatoes. Again, he had the distinct feeling that Vivienne was lighter than he had imagined, even for his strength and her petite stature. He silently concluded that this development could possibly be Alpha-related; why else would the Guard be after them? Pushing the thought aside for now, Alexandre took off in a run away from the cemetery, the sounds of the demon's roars filling his ears. His legs hurt, as if he had been running for miles already, but the adrenaline was starting to kick in and he knew that he had to get Vivienne to safety.

"Hold on, Vivienne!" he called as he ran. "We're getting out of here!"
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 19:44

Vivienne kept pace with her breathing as her lower torso jerked up and down on Alexandre's shoulder. She counted the giant tracks he left in the snow, trying to ignore the lingering pain in her stomach and hands. She was fatigued and wanted to rest, but she knew better. While she knew that the Honour Guard had their own sense of retribution, they wouldn't target you so long as they didn't think you stood in their way. She conceded to the idea that perhaps she and Alexander were, in fact, an Alphas. How could that be, she thought.

As he continued to circle above the metal figure, he felt a sudden twist at his core. He knew he couldn't stay any longer and begrudgingly decided to retreat for now. Thirst for bloodshed unsated, he took one final glance at his nemesis and growled in frustration. He turned to the direction where he felt the other two had fled and bolted as fast as his wings could carry him.

Vivienne grew weary while on the shoulders of Alexandre who still managed to maintain his sprint. She had nearly passed out when she felt ripples in the air caused by a pair of beating wings. She looked up and saw the shadow figure had followed them and stifled a scream. The creature flew passed them and plummeted to their level, stopping directly in front of Alex.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 23:14

Alexandre was concerned that he wasn't running fast enough, and the pain in his limbs that seemed entirely unrelated to the minimal strain it took to lift Vivienne and run was starting to grate on his nerves. He grit his teeth And pushed himself farther. Vivienne weighed next to nothing, and he had carried heavier people, but keeping a full sprint for this long was taking its toll.

Suddenly he came face to face with the winged creature and tried to stop, almost losing his balance and falling over in the process. He righted himself and widened his stance, keeping a protective hold on Vivienne.

He stared the monster down before lifting his gun and pointed it at the monster, cocking it and aiming right between its eyes.

"Écartez-vous, Démon,  ou je vous tirerai."
Back to top Go down
Vizarra
Vizarra

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 1:46

Vivienne felt Alexandre come to a halt. She decided to slide off of his shoulder and landed on her one good foot, steadying herself by maintaining her grip on his coat. She turned on her heel to face the creature as well, still leaning most of her weight away from the sprained ankle. The creature... that face... it can't be?

"Mon amour?" she hazarded. She held her breath, feeling a bubble rise quickly to her chest. She awaited its response.

The creature's made a ghostly, yet familiar grin. It was mischievous in nature but oh how she missed it.

"
Ça fait longtemps, ma chèr," Beau said, in a less spectral tone. A tone she hadn't heard in 7 years.

Vivienne brought her free hand up to her mouth, hiding her gasp. Tears began to well in her eyes. Beau turned to face Alexandre and casually looked passed his gun. He let out a reverberated chuckle that was eerie in nature, but was jolly nonetheless.

"
You've gotten fat, old friend," he said.

Vivienne limped towards her beloved, passively putting Alex's gun arm down, and placed her hand on Beau's barely solid face.

"C'est vraie," she whispered. Stunned, she wanted to take the moment in, nearly forgetting the events with Thomas. Through her eyes, she saw passed the spectral guise. She saw the face of the man she grew to love, the spark in his grey eyes that kept her warm on the coldest nights, and the heart she would go through hell and back for if it meant she could hold his hand. Her husband, in a twist of death defying fate, was by her side once again.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 14:30

Thomas unlocked his joints. There was no way he could just let them escape, not after all this! That's when everyone would hear what sounds like the grinding and splitting of metal. If they were to turn and look they would see the Guard on the ground with his right arm completely torn off. Thankfully it appeared his normal arm was fine, but now everyone could see the one who did it clearly...

The man that stood behind the Honour Guard was a hulking man about 7 feet in height, with tones muscle clear under his thick tan coat. Every aspect of him other than his size however looked very... unintimidating. He had a shaved head, clean, fitting clothes, and held a reusable bag filled with groceries. That being said, he peeled off the arm of an Honour Guard like unwrapping a present. Regardless of Thomas and his panicked screams the man walked over and continued to peel the armor off, tossing it aside in a nice neat pile until eventually all that was left was the helmet. On Thomas the helmet was much too large now, as he removed it quickly before running from this towering man. All that was left in Thomas was panic. In the other man however? He just sighed.

"I'm sorry for the trouble. Are any of you hurt? I may not have my supplies on me, but I'm sure I can make due with what I have." The man answered in a kind, rolling baritone.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 16:54

Alexandre tried to keep a straight face as his hand started to quiver ever so slightly. He wanted to keep Vivienne back, but her whispered words had him frozen in place.

"Impossible..." he whispered.

The winged creature that had come to their aid was indeed Beau, if one could look past the spectral and inhuman appearance. Of course Vivienne would notice first, as he had been too busy trying to protect them this entire time, but Alexandre felt his heart thudding wildly in his chest as his friend, his best friend was standing right in front of him.

He almost chuckled at the light-hearted jab, if he had been able to speak at all. He barely felt Vivienne gently push down his arm, and the gun almost fell from his hand. He swallowed thickly and took a tentative step forward, almost reaching out but keeping his arms at his sides.

"Beau... You're alive!" Alexandre said in a hushed but excited tone, almost afraid that if he spoke any louder, whatever spell that had caused Beau to come back and would break and he would once again disappear.

Before he could say much else, however, he heard the grinding sounds and immediately turned once more, arm up and ready to shoot. Instead of another enemy, Alexandre was shocked to see Thomas' suit being ripped to pieces by someone, a man even taller than him, and that that someone was entirely human. An Alpha? Certainly, but he kept his distance even so. Despite the man's unusually un-intimidating presence, and the fact that he easily disposed of the Guard, that incredible display of strength was worrisome. Keeping his stance, he kept his cool and waited for the figure to approach.

Alexandre faltered when the man stepped in front of him. He immediately put his gun down and away, recognizing who exactly had just saved their lives.

"L'Homme de Feu..." he said while looking up at the man, an event that rarely happened. He cleared his throat and responded, "Ah, non Monsieur, I am alright. However, my friend, she is injured and requires assistance." 

He stepped aside and looked to Beau and Vivienne almost feeling bad for interrupting this moment. How Beau was here with them, he might never know, but they needed help at the moment. He turned back to their Saviour.

"Merci beaucoup, Kenneth, for saving our lives. I did not know what we would have done."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 19:43

The man smiled at Alexander, saying,"Non merci nécessaires , mais je l'apprécie." Before turning to Vivienne. He would put his groceries down, kneel down, and with a very light touch would examine her before spotting her hand. While it took him only a minute, he quickly pieced together what had happened and rose back up.

"It appears your ally is the cause for your wounds. Without additional equipment however my help will be minimal as it is mostly internal damage. By my recommendation, because of what happened here today it would likely be best if you had both gathered your things and come with me. I know that none of this is what you wanted or planned in life, but I have a safe place in America for Alphas such as us can hide, train, and get proper medical care for our wounds... While I cannot, and will not force you to come, I certainly hope you choose to, because they will be back. The next time however... I may come too late..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Encounter   A Cold Encounter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Cold Encounter
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next