Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Luminarium

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

The Luminarium Empty
PostSubject: The Luminarium   The Luminarium EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 8:56

Another fanfic in the works, this one is designed around a fairly different concept entirely. This starts years before canon, with Danny dying and Taylor triggering as some sort of Bio-Tinker. With Annette giving her advice, Taylor stays out of the spotlight entirely, focusing on being a back alley doctor catering to the rogues and independents of Brockton Bay. Over the years (as this happened like...5 years before canon, when she was 10 or 11), she eventually became one of the keystone members of what became known as The Luminarium, which was similar to Somer's Rock but for all rogues and independents of the city, villainous, heroic, and otherwise, that let them all gather, discuss their differences, collaborate, and help each other against the major gangs.

This kind of community has also helped a number of rogues survive the otherwise harsh climes of Brockton Bay, meaning there are a larger number of capes in BB, especially as The Luminarium starts looking attractive to non-combative capes like Parian, who start flocking to the Bay area from out of town.
That environment is helped further because Taylor's Bio-Tinkering allows her to turn otherwise normal people into low-level capes (or even actual capes, if she can get her hands on some of their genetic material), swelling the ranks of the BB parahuman community

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

The Luminarium Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Luminarium   The Luminarium EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 9:03

I’m seeing Luminarium!Taylor as an something of an inverse of Bonesaw- her powers are a cut-rate version, so she’s not as good, but she has had much more chance to dabble and view other people’s work. Bonesaw has seen more Tinkers’ work in her time, but that is more a result of looking at work of the people she has killed; Taylor has seen a little bit less, but that is mostly a result of her trying to keep a low profile. More people are willing to work with her, share with her, cooperate and sell to her. Bonesaw focuses on upgrading a group of super-powered homicidal maniacs, and is despised for it; Taylor mostly focuses on making many low-powered ‘capes’ or making cut-rate versions of parahumans, and on patching up the capes in her hometown, but is fairly widely respected for it.

Just had the thought last night, that if I’m going to do a cut-rate version of Bonesaw for Taylor, it would probably go something like this:
Bonesaw is very likely either a Limit Tinker (primary field from which she can branch out; the most likely), a or a Free Tinker (can build whatever she can dream of; less likely). In either case, this gives her a very wide scope. Taylor, by contrast, would be very limited- Binary Tinker is possible (two different fields that may or may not overlap), but I am thinking more Hyperspecialization (very limited focus, but gets an advantage because of the narrow field), highlighting upgrades to organic systems (which would include medical knowledge, simply by necessity) with an added bonus of these upgrades including comprehension and ability to manipulate parahuman effects/features (because the attachment of the shards is, by necessity, organic).

This does make Taylor a cut-rate version of Bonesaw, being similar but different, while at the
same time making her distinct.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

The Luminarium Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Luminarium   The Luminarium EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 9:16

Luminarium!Taylor would have gotten into the cape business in 2006, a year after Bonesaw, so she would have grown up knowing that what the world thought of biotinkers, having a direct contemporary as an example of why they are so distrusted, and that doubtless contributed to her desire to stay underground
oh yeah, before i forget, there was a girl who wanted a change from L!Taylor- she wanted to be a tentacle monster, and be a rogue who performed all sorts of fun and lewd purposes. Taylor made sure the girl knew what she was getting into, but the girl was like, 'yeah, i want to do this'
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

The Luminarium Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Luminarium   The Luminarium EmptyWed 29 Nov 2017 - 21:15

lets' see, what could Bio-Tinker!Taylor do:
create minor mover/brutes
physical enhancements for people with existing powers
copy some physical powers (gregor, aegis, spitfire perhaps)
help with detriments (elle, for example)
literally give copies of powers to people (doesn't do it much because it would attract too much attention. One example though would be skinslip. guy was a serial killer who was eventually taken down, and a sample made its way back to T. She took that sample and turned a woman into basically s9 skinslip!Taylor [recall that this is from the person who did a bunch of snips with Taylor having various powers from the S9. this one specifically is referring to the snip where Taylor got Skinslip's power and did minor things here and there, mostly functioning as a low-end healer])
minor stranger power- you know how bug spray works by making you invisible to bugs? same basic principle
skin like living marble- like from the halle berry catwoman movie

Also amused because this taylor will have been in the cape scene for almost three years longer than panacea (or grue for that matter)

also this taylor is a really kind of angry, done-with-your-nonsense back alley doctor. shadow stalker brings an injured grue to her house and taylor tells them both to shut the fuck up and leave their differences outside while they are in her clinic. Might also have them unmask to each other.
Taylor has probably saved Aisha's life in some fashion (at grue's request), so brian owes her big

The PRT eventually finds out about Taylor through shadow stalker's upgrades being found out, and once they find out she is one of the cornerstones of the Luminarium they try to hunt her down and force her to join them
this comes to a head when Panacea is injured and SS calls in a favor to have Taylor heal her. Taylor/Ivory lets the PRT/New Wave into one of her safe house/clean rooms so she can work, and when Panacea's life is out of danger the PRT pulls the bullshit line of 'you need to join us because reasons; you are too valuable a resource, people will be flipping their shit trying to get to you'
and taylor just comes back like, 'the only reason most people even know I'm a cape now is because of you, now I did your fucking job, since you insist on being a bag of dicks I'll be billing you instead of New Wave, fuck off and bye' and disappears
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Luminarium Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Luminarium   The Luminarium Empty

Back to top Go down

The Luminarium
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: