Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebuilding of Salreen

Go down 
+2
Zentaku
Darasuum
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Darasuum
Darasuum

Random : Insane? Nah... I just like blowing things up...

Rebuilding of Salreen Empty
PostSubject: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:03

The town of Salreen, although charred and in ruins was bustling and busy like usual at noon on a Saturday. The Raven’s Foot Inn was the first building to be repaired, as it was the central hub for the social society and work. Not to mention the upper levels were for the council. The buildings were almost completely useless now. The basements and foundations however, were still good. Some stone buildings were safe also, but most were completely devoid of wooden supports and walls, so they slowly caved in. So in the end, they were still needed to rebuild. Most belongings had been destroyed. They had separated everyone into categories of what they did, and had a good solution built up. Shop owners were set to work making furniture and clothing. All that was asked is that they pitch in and help, those that did not help were left to make their own homes and belongings. The currency for now was work, since everything was burned in the attack.

After the Inn, the next priority was setting up shops, since the Inn was large enough for most of the town to stay in, free of charge. Many travelers had joined the ranks as of late and they were, for the most part, helping out. Raven’s Foot’s bulletin board in the ivory colored lobby was positioned to the right of the door, next to a sofa. It was cluttered with work ads that had detailed lists of what was needed for each house. Crossed from this wall was another bulletin board, this held information about the town, along with a map.

The town is in a circular shape, and is pretty large. In the center is the Raven’s Foot Inn, it is a tall circular tower that is about nine stories tall. The town is broken into “rows” each row is one building thick and does a complete circle around the Inn. The first three rows are the Market District, leaving the remaining three rows for housing. On the outskirts, there are many odd strewn buildings. Also, there are four paths that go through each layer into the middle of the town. They’re at each “corner” of the town if it were a square. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

(The rest of my posts will be shorter, sorry. Wanted to describe the town.)
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:25

(no prob.)
Shekal walks into the in after finishing help re-build another foundation, and heads over to the work board to look for more work.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:45

Solovei begins to walk to the town, ignoring all the people rebuilding the town. using a extremely curved saber as a cane and a abnormally large red hat with abnormally large feathers, he walked until he saw Shekal is, thinking:

"Mmmmm, that is a fine dame....probably not a good time so I'll just introduce myself and ask where's the nearest tavern, I am famished robbing that poor son of a gun in the roads before....I wonder where he is now."

Stopping his thought process, he walked closer to the elf, putting the bottom of the scabbard first then his steps.
"Excuse me, Madam." He said, tipping his hat to her. "Do you know where's the nearest tavern?"
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:48

Shekal turns to him a bit surprised, "Oh sorry I didn't see you there" She brushes back her hair and Solovei would notice her pointed ears, "Yes, uh I think the tavern is still being reconstructed right now if I'm not mistaken... but it should be fixed soon."
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:50

"Ah." Solovei said with disappointment. "Well, where should I stay then momentarily then Miss....?" He asked, a French accent thrilling on his tongue.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:53

"Well, right now if you help us rebuild some you should be welcome to stay at the inn here." Shekal smiles, "You aren't from around here are you?"
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:56

"Vell, no I'm not." Solovei said, his French accent growing stronger. "I am a Mervhant of clothing and I have some dresses that'll fit you perfectly." His eyes looking up and down of her frame. "Sorry to say, I can't help on rebuilding your tovn as I am famished and in need of drink and vest."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 1:59

Shekal sighs, "... you know that I can recognize even subtle changes in your voice right?... and I won't swoon over you just because you have some fancy accent sir." with that she turns back to the board and continues looking for some job to do.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 2:04

Solovei shrugs, his accent changing to his normal tone: a deep yet reassuring voice.. "It's the thought that counts right?" He smiled as a large completely black horse who is dragging a large cart with clothes that are rich in color and looked soft, most of them of female wear. "Though I am really a merchant and like to see if these are of your taste." He came to the horse and pet it's head.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 3:12

Masak exited his entouched coastal residence. He could've helped the town, but... Well, he had no excuse for not.

Odd day indeed. For the people at least. For the first time... Ever, Masak actually walked into the town. They hardly knew where he came from, why he seemed to be cloned a dozen times, and why the hell he was walking just by himself. Maybe he finally trusted them. Nope.

Walking into the Inn, he drew a great many stares until throwing down a few gold coins and watching the townsfolk scramble for them like pigeons. Damn, he actually pitied them.

"The council please."
Masak said to the guards managing the upper floors. He was direct to soldiers, not wanting to make their lives harder. Plus, they were people who tended not to manipulate things. He didn't like manipulation. (Lemme know if you'd rather RP the next minute out so I can haz change it)

He knew they'd let him through. After all, what could be bad from his visit, right?

But after what he pulled downstairs this wasn't so. The captain just grinned. Masak just dropped a few coins. Bribery was illegal. But hey, if you say I dropped it it was an accident.

Walking into the council chamber, he realized talks fell silent. Without a word he took 9 gold bars out from his overelaborate cloak and put them on the table. His pension he got from the Great Powers in exchange for his surrender. He kept collecting it, telling them he was out of money. Heh, dumbshits.

After placing the bars, he tossed a single copper coin down- something not in circulation that had the inn on it.

"So which is more important?" He asked, pulling up a chair and sitting in it.

"Which... Will rebuild your town?" He added, examining the coin.

"I've seen states like this one... They never work. You're thinking national pride- a value to build up and rebuild, a passion for your town from your people will help?" Masak cleared his throat.

"But who's money are they building with? So. If you want my answer... Which is more important, I'd say... Both." Masak said, looking at the council.
"I'll give you the gold to subsidize construction, but I need the right for this." He said, holding up the coin. "To be a state currency. And I need the right to mint it."

He looked at the council. The dumber ones all had the same expression. What the hell was he doing? Offering to mint a new currency and giving money.

"For all you who don't understand, I'd much rather say that I'd give you the money in exchange for the promise that you wouldn't extradite me if a man politely asked, but we don't have the trust between us to... Make promises."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 10:22

Joseph had come into this town awhile ago, and had been helping as much as he could with repairs. He didn't do it for money, or for recognition, but just... Did it. His magic was simple, but at this time it was of great help. Joseph would just wave a hand at a destroyed section of a building as it would slowly repair itself. That was what he was doing today as he slowly repaired the worse of a damage on a building.
Back to top Go down
Darasuum
Darasuum

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 10:45

Rick watched quietly as Margeret, the Great Overseer (head of the Council) looked at the intruder in an axe-murdery kind of way. Rick held his laughter well, though. Being the Speaker, Rick sat next to Margeret in the Council Chambers. The man of a bristling 46 was still waiting for The Great Overseer to say something, as she seemed to be speechless for some time now. As the minutes rolled by, Rick would finally say something; “So, in exchange for giving us currency, you want to remain overly rich and have leeway. Is that what we’re getting at?”

Without warning, Margeret began to shout in her post-menopause rage: “How did you get in here!?!”

Rick already had a hunch on how he got in, the rag-tag group of guards was not that smart, but they gave the appearance of security. As he rolled that over in combination of the man being the only one with money, he connected that they either just let him in, or he bribed them. Either way, he was still put back by the man’s offer.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 10:59

"Well, you see, Mrs (I think) Margaret," Masak said, leaning over the table and looking at them.
"Your guards aren't really guards, they're not really human either. As of now, everyone in this town minus you and me are pigeons. If I drop anything, they'll snatch it up thinking it's valuable... So if you're wondering how I got in... the simple reply would be that you need to raise wages." He added, relaxing in the chair.

"And at you, great speaker, yes. That is exactly what I want to do. Well, no, it's not all I want to do... A little more would be even nicer. If you'd like to pass up the opportunity I'm fine with that too. I'll just need to become the town guard's new employer to make sure your pigeons don't sack my house.... That would be a lose-lose for everyone... That's expensive, you know."
Back to top Go down
Darasuum
Darasuum

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 12:13

Rick would slowly nod in agreement. “He’s right.” Was all that was needed to be said.
Margaret slowly stood up, in her impatient manner and sighed loudly. “T’would seem he is correct. Fine, name your terms. We’ll see which ones we are willing to go with.”

Rick watched in awe, Margaret wasn’t her usual self today. Or maybe the attack has had an effect on her personality? Either way, this man was correct. They needed currency and they needed it soon.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 13:22

"I'll cover the copper costs, and the cost for putting up some hastily built cement mint. I'll direct it and allow for the government to buy the coins at a decrease from current value and let you mark them up so you can actually pay your guards. The other half will go to running costs and other stuff we find necessary." Masak said.
"I have a few presses for the coins. They'll require about 8 workers each shift for 2 shifts. We'll be producing more than we'd want to circulate if you don't want the coins inflating.(Assuming this is a moderate-sized Medeival town of around 10,000-20,000) However, your neighbors are mainly bartering so we can always sell to them." He pointed out the window to a half destroyed house formerly owned by a dead family.
"It'll be coated with cement. It's right next to the inn, so it'll be easy to guard, and even easier once whoever the guard captain is sets up a barracks in the square. Current value will be set at 7 for a loaf of bread, and move as the people value it." He added, moving the gold pile across the table.

"That's yours."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 13:47

Shekal nods finding a house that needs the wooden foundation rebuilt, "Well then I am off, sorry, but I don't require such garments at this time..."
She walks out of the inn and down a few rows of buildings to the home that needs repair
Back to top Go down
Darasuum
Darasuum

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 13:53

“Very-well, your terms are agreeable. When will you get started?” Margaret said as she nodded slowly at the mound of gold in front of her, not quite sure what to do with it. “When you’re ready, you should post something on the bulletin board downstairs, so you can get your workers and such.”

Josephine watched amazed, she wasn’t a rather outspoken member of the council; she mostly just gave her vote when needed and remained quiet during other times, like now.

Rick, meanwhile, was still somewhat amazed by how the Overseer was acting. Normally she took forever to agree to anything, and she always nitpicked up a storm. She must be desperate. The other 9 members remained quiet, probably keeping their thoughts to themselves. The Council chamber was in a circular shape, like the rest of the tower; having makeshift podiums for each of them to sit at. After Overseer, there was Speaker, and then there were council members, 9 of them, to be exact. They mostly acted in times of voting, but they all still had a voice.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 14:14

"I'll post the offer now. Supplies are waiting in the dockyard. The building still has structure to it. It will take about 2 days to fully brick-cover it and fireproof it." Masak said, walking to the door.

"Well, I'll be starting." He added, walking outside.

"You." He said to a guard outside the door.
"Want to make sure nothing gets stolen?" He said, pulling out a bag of gold stones.

After securing... Security Masak was ready to get workers. He posted a paper on the wall of the tavern.

"20 Workers needed. Job pays solid gold. Report to Dawson House ((the house))"

Getting the workers wouldn't be much trouble. He examined the structure. The top floor was in decent shape, but there was holes everywhere else. The lower 3 floors were hardly frames.

"When they come, pick the strongest 20. Have them start clearing the ashes." Masak said to the guard.

"I'll go find the supplies."

Last edited by Ta]R[SoNiS on Sat 4 Sep 2010 - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 15:32

Solovei walked to the center, guiding his stolen cart with him.

"Next time I should plan this more throughly." He muttered to himself, scratching his ruffled collar, sitting near the Inn's foundation looking around for anything to drink. Hopefully Gin.
Back to top Go down
We Tigers
We Tigers

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 16:55

Kazuo walked down the path to an abandoned house. Looking down, the basement was still usuable, and he decided that he'd fix it up if he was going to stay in this region. Taking out his satchel, he pulled out some tools and began to fix up the door to the basement... he could buy some blankets for a bed later...
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 16:59

Shekal comes to the house, and places a few seeds at the busted up base of the house and sits down nearby to begin her work... and so she began to sing there... it wasn't something any of the humans there could hear though, just the elves, and some other beings that can hear frequencies that humans can't.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 17:03

Solovei begins to get tired of waiting, and stands up, getting ahold on the rein of his horse and cart and walked near an abandoned house, hearing sounds of hammering wood.

"Probably some villager." He said, walking to the house and looking down at the man who's repairing the basement door.

"Hey, you have any Gin?" He asked, tapping his saber on the ground, his horse kicking the ground out of boredom.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 17:04

Masak arrived back with a convoy of carts carrying brick, mortar, food, supplies, and minting equipment.

27 had already arived. 7 were dismissed.

He handed the floor plans to the guard.

"You're literate, right?" He asked, knowing education was difficult to get unless you were some clerk's son or a priest.

"A little." He replied.

"Works for a cheapass like me. Ok, so just read the floor maps and have them build brick walls and take down the wood for everything but the top floor. You should be able to lay the brick by the end of today. I'll come back tomorrow when the mortar sets in and start the place up." Masak said.

"Where are you goin?" The guard asked, seeing Masak walk away.

"Moving in."
Back to top Go down
We Tigers
We Tigers

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 17:07

Kazuo brushes his hair a little bit, revealing wolf ears.
" Gin? Sorry, I don't have any... " Kazuo chuckled.
" Try the tavern..." He added.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen EmptySat 4 Sep 2010 - 17:08

As Shekal sings the seeds begin to grow, and as they grow they seep into the foundation. Moving it back into place and re-enforcing it well... some of the seeds grow new wood, while others are growing vines that are purring everything in place and binding it there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebuilding of Salreen   Rebuilding of Salreen Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebuilding of Salreen
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next