Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller755
Storyteller755

Random : Before the Beginning there was nothing, not to be confused with the Void. For nothing and the Void are not the same, the Void is something after all.

Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas Empty
PostSubject: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 8:23

Yes there is a little mention of my forum rp here, so if people they can ask more about it. If they want to. The biggest reason though for this post/thread is the muse-troubles I'm having with the Alpha RP. I've been considering joining in the hope of helping bring back some activity and it looks like a pretty interesting RP actually now that I've read it all and everything. I'll admit it's not my usual thing, but I'm definitely willing to try.

The thing is that usually when joining an RP I just play Hertz a.k.a. The Storyteller or some version of him that fits into the RP's background and setting. I don't want to do that this time though, after all Storyteller isn't even really born yet. (And if Storyteller is involved there has got to be an Ethan and than you got have the car and well you get where I'm going.)

So I'm thinking the only working solution is making a brand new character, but I'm finding it hard to figure out just what that new character is going to be. I've gotten as far as maybe a street kid who got his powers and has sort of been using them to survive better... or something like that. Anyway, any ideas and suggestions? Helpful Information? I mean I'm really hitting a block here. I mean what does the Alpha Game really need right now? A hero? A villain? Something in the middle? A medic type character? Protector type? A buffer? A De-buffer?
Back to top Go down
http://storysgodgame755.forumotion.com/
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 8:49

Umbralpha can explain the RP better (it is his series, after all), but the basic run-down of this game in particular is this:

the world was traveling along as normal, when suddenly one day everyone woke up and 1/3rd (give or take) of the world's population suddenly had superpowers. Everyone begins to panic, especially the government, who puts together an initiative of power-armoured soldiers known as the Honor Guard to start eliminating this threat to civil society.

We as players are just people in this world- you can be anything and anyone, from a banker or lawyer to a soldier to a bum- when the world as we knew it got turned upside down.

It has been about 2 weeks since Alphas first showed up, but a given individual's powers could have manifested at any point within that time period. Hell, for that matter, your powers might have only manifested yesterday

And from a character standpoint, it doesn't really matter what you play, necessarily. While there is something to be said about team composition, the whole point of the game is to do what you want and have fun. I realize this probably isn't incredibly helpful, but that's how it is.
hero and villain are terms that are played with in this game (it's all a matter of perspective as to which you are identified as), but Umbra has pointed out in the past that people who try to be heroes in this world tend to die off pretty quickly.

In general, I have found that starting with the powers you want to play with is a good springboard for character design. Umbra, with a lot of help, has put together a list of over 300 powers that you can choose from, and if you can come up with something that doesn't exist on there, you can talk with him to figure something out

https://idrealphobia.rpg-board.net/t3101-super-power-list-v2
here is the link to the power list- maybe it'll help, maybe it won't. just talk to umbra to see what you can and can't do

and remember: have fun with it. if you aren't having fun playing a character, then what's the point?
Back to top Go down
Storyteller755
Storyteller755

Random : Before the Beginning there was nothing, not to be confused with the Void. For nothing and the Void are not the same, the Void is something after all.

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 8:58

Well I found the power list etc. although I will say that I'm kind of weird. One of the most fundemental elements of my making an original character is I have to find their 'song'. (I use music to help me RP like all the time.) So I think I found this character's 'song' so that helped. (Gasoline by Hayley) Although I'm still curious, if villains are allowed to some extent I have a great villain. (Adam Ubeltier) I suppose it will depend... I'm looking at the power list it's pretty extensive. I'm thinking with the song, if a villain isn't okay than I might be doing ... I still like the idea of him being a street kid... oh OH OH!

Heehee

I think I got it... Heehee

Now I just have to make sure the appropriate powers are available...
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 14:03

Generally speaking, the series somewhat emphasizes the fact that there's no such thing as heroes and villains. Moreso that anyone has the capacity to do good or bad, but isn't defaulted one way or the other. After all, in real life there's no such thing as heroes and villains, but people that have performed helpful or positive actions, or people who have performed detrimental or negative actions.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller755
Storyteller755

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 14:22

I actually kind of think I'll be going with one of either two characters. Although I will admit that if GM has any interest in a real genuine villain type. (Seriously the guy is motivated only by gaining power and dominating all those around him, and he's clever about it too.) I might actually request if I can run two characters, because if he wants the evil awesome of Adam Ubeltier I will absolutely not deny him. (Especially since I already found and easily figured which powers on the list Adam would have... I could probably make up his sheet easy.) Still this second one the one I'm leaning towards is more along the lines of 'not really either', although I need to chat to GM about the complexities of the character... I didn't see anything multiple personality/schizo related and the character would be both and the psychosis would affect his abilities. (I was thinking along the lines of he can only use specific abilities while one of his personalities, the original personality actually has no powers at all or maybe one very minor power that doesn't really do anything, mostly just to set him apart as an Alpha from a normal person.)

*Note: Or maybe his power is the personalities? See this is why I gotta discuss stuff with GM.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 14:30

Pretty much any/all of that should be fine to my knowledge, and Umbralpha is the GM
Back to top Go down
Storyteller755
Storyteller755

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 14:38

It's not bestdragon3? I sort of... thought he was the GM... as he posted the stuff... or is that a character name or something? >_< *Confused
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 14:47

Oh, lol, sorry.

Yeah, it's Bestdragon3. He goes by both names; switches them around sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller755
Storyteller755

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 15:01

Oh okay, just got me worried for a second because I saw bestdragon3 sign on yesterday which means it's more likely he'll sign on today... I don't remember seeing Umbralpha anywhere ... which made me think I might not see him today or for a while. (I'm already biting at the bit.)
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 15:06

Thing is, many people on this forum went by a specific name (displayed username) for years, but more recently many people are changing their names. In regards to him, he went by Bestdragon3 originally, but one some other sites we've been to he tends to go by Umbralpha more.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller755
Storyteller755

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 15:16

I hear ya, I just hope he signs on soon... so eager to poke...
I can't wait to make a character! (or two depending on whether or not he really wants to see Adam.)
I'm pretty sure I've decided on the schizo with multiple personalities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas   Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Conversation: Storyteller and the Alphas
Page 1 of 1