Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spell of Awakening

Go down 
+2
ShinJix
Bestdragon3
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

Spell of Awakening - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012 - 22:29

Yrinai didn't hesitate to follow Sung, leaving the door to slowly close behind her. "Yeah...his house seems to possess nostalgia attributes." She took in the entire scenery with awe in her gaze. Once she approached the living with Sung, she smiled and asked, "Would you like me to grab you something to drink?"

Yrinai folded her hands behind her back, slightly nervous to have even asked Sung such a question but it was irresistible.
Back to top Go down
ShinJix
ShinJix

Random : Ness opened up the trash can and found a Hamburger.

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012 - 22:47

Sung's eyes closed as he started his routine memory refresher. He looked back into the past, every event before and after other events. He knew he could not run or avoid thinking of his childhood, so he took them as a main part of his day as a form of relaxation and meditation. He looked back towards the moments he had with his real parents and his siblings, and all the tragic events that happened after. He stayed calm, quiet and focused.

Until Yrinai spoke. Sung's eyes opened, his vision was blurred but cleared gradually. He didn't move his eyes from the spot he awakened from, which was the ceiling. "Water, just water please." Annoyed, he inhaled the surrounding air and leaned back into the couch until he was like a slug with no backbone.

Last edited by ShinJix on Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 0:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012 - 22:59

Yrinai twirled on her heels and headed to the fridge to get Sung a bottle of water.

'I wonder how the others know of Tom...'

She just stood in front of the fridge for a moment, lost in thought and holding back tears of her long gone friend Tom. After she recollected her composure, she sighed, making sure she kept any evidence of sorrow from her face. She could at least stay strong for the group if nothing else. Once she approached Sung, she gently set the bottle in his left hand and took a seat from across him. She closed her eyes and gently crossed her hands over her lap with a bit of a mellow look upon her face.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012 - 23:16

Alice tapped at the end of her cigarette and watched as the ash fell to the ground. She looked up at the storm clouds and wondered if she should reveal her relationship with Tom at this very moment. After pondering for a few more moments, and taking a few more drags, she threw her cigarette onto the ground and crunched her foot on it. She glanced back up at Matt.

"I think we should head inside first," she suggested in a low tone. Then she turned on her heel and started walking towards the cabin, her hands deep in her pockets and her head low.
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012 - 19:51

Felicia had not been particularly chagrined by her dear friend Tom's death; although they had been very close once, they had drifted apart. She began to mentally trace back her footsteps as she followed behind Sung and Yrinai into what she assumed was literally a living 'room'. She was quiet, not knowing how to follow up her initial philosophies.

However, for all of the lack of dejection she had shown until today, she had indeed been surprised he had died in such a darkly humorous way. She had expected Tom, this mysterious fellow, to either live until he died an old man or to die abruptly to the hands of a serial killer. There was no in-between, she had always thought. Until she heard the news.

Those were things she undoubtedly couldn't share with his other companions, who for some reason were more focused on the good times they had had rather than the bad times they might have, now. It was a display of voluntary empty-headedness that boggled her trained mind.

Ever since an early age, Felicia was told she would be a star. She let out a chuckle when she contemplated her situation today; forever a lonely scholar.

She hadn't worked a day in her life.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Jun 2012 - 18:20

M A T T__A C E R A
Matt didn't flinch, and offered a subtle smirk as the woman tossed her cigarette to the ground, extinguishing it under her foot, and suggested they head inside as opposed to actually giving any insight into his question. It wasn't exactly how he was planning to steer the conversation towards heading inside, but it seemed to do the trick regardless. "Sounds like a plan.", he offered calmly as he let her get a little ahead of him before following towards the house as well. Damn... 'Hello, my name is...'; is that really so hard?, he complained mentally as he carefully stashed the unlit cigarette behind his ear and shoved his hands into his pockets. Not even so much as a name; she still remained an enigma, something that irritated him on a subconscious level more than he'd like to admit. Something in her past; but was she chasing that past -- or running from it?

He shrugged it off by the time he arrived inside and took a look around Tom's house. It still looked exactly the same as that fateful day, and that in itself have the home a haunting shadow that it had never carried before. It felt suffocating to be there, but Matt tried to hide his unrest. Still it manifested as he skimmed along the room, peering casually at one object or the next mentally recounting anything he could until he came to the Poker table. He wasn't an expert, by any means. He typically only indulged in Texas Hold 'Em, and even then only really had the edge when his opponents were too drunk to do anything other than posture and make poor bluffs.

The letter lying on the table top was anything but a bluff. Matt picked it up lightly, staring blankly at the unopened envelope, perhaps both intrigued and frightened, or what the document would contain. Matt turned around and returned to where the others had gathered, holding the envelope in the air so they could see, and his other hand stuffed in his pockets. "Tom's got something to say.", he remarked as he waited for a suggested course of action.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Jun 2012 - 20:16

Yrinai opened one eye to acknowledge that she had heard Matt. "It would appear so." She stated and closed her eye once more.

With a simple exhale, she commenced with her thoughts upon the matter. "You see...Just because you entered the room not too long ago, does not mean you were the first to have noticed the letter. I, and I hope to speak for everyone here, was waiting for each individual to come together, to become acquainted with one another, and find out who knew Tom the longest and let that person read it."

She opened her eyes as she stood to her feet and walked towards the man. With one sweep of her right hand, she snatched the letter from his grasp and placed it back on the table. "Now then, shall be began or not?" Yrinai's eyes glistened with exigence.
Back to top Go down
ShinJix
ShinJix

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Jun 2012 - 22:01

Sung stared at Yrinai, speechless as he sat on the large couch. He gripped the water bottle in his hand and opened the cap, taking a drink before closing and putting the bottle on the table in front of him. He took in a deep breath while resting his eyes, not showing any participation in Yrinai's activity.

Sung would enjoy hearing the other's tales with Tom, but he is just too tired at the moment.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Jun 2012 - 1:22

M A T T__A C E R A
Matt released a muffled laugh and barely moved when she snatched the letter from his hands and placed placed it on a table. Her intention being to get to know everyone in the room before opening the letter. It was an idea he wasn't opposed to, but given the direction of the night so far, he saw it as a futile endeavor. They were all exhausted from travel, and weary from grief, but she seemed adamant and the energy in the room wasn't adjusting to it very well.

"Very well.", he began to indulge her. "My name is Mateus Lynx Acera, Matt for short; Tom and I were pals when we were kids, before I went to college. We parted ways but stayed in touch over the years." He paused for a moment. "There's... really not much else to tell.", he said with a certain heavy tone to his words, then closing with an antagonizing, "So what's your story?" There was more to his story, of course, but no more that he was willing to share especially given the few other acquaintances he had there.

Last edited by inMadness on Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Jun 2012 - 14:20

Yrinai smirked and folded her arms replying "Oh...well, its nice to meet you Matt. I met Tom through Sung." The grin on Yrinai's face was that of a sly yet harmless menace for that moment. She had already decided that she wanted Sung to read the letter, as selfish as this may be, and she knew everyone else was in no condition to converse. Yrinai just wanted to play along until everyone took the bait. But knowing Sung, he may not want to read it so she'd just have to suck it up if anyone else read it instead.

With that, Yrinai unfolded her arms and stated bluntly, "Thats that."

She raised an eyebrow before glancing back at the letter.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012 - 22:46

As soon as she looked back at the letter a boom of thunder interrupted them all, followed by a downpour of rain soon after. The storm was upon them faster then anyone could have predicted, and even the electricity flickered in the home for a moment. The dark clouds were rolling above the house as thunder and lightning seemed to battle, the rain battering against the old house. They all knew that this house has been through worse, and not even the windows rattled from the thunder.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012 - 23:17

Alice walked through the door silently and slunk to the closest chair she could find. She didn't feel like being around everyone at the moment, but there was nothing she could really do.

A storm had just erupted out of nowhere, and the booming thunder made Alice jump. She didn't like thunder.

She glanced up at the rest of the group as she collected herself, and took notice of the hot-headed one, Yrinai. Alice wasn't too impressed with what she was witnessing, however she decided to simply stay quiet and watch the events unfold. There wasn't much else she could do, after all.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012 - 17:37

When Alice walked through and had seated herself, Yrinai averted her attention towards the woman. "Nice to see you finally join us" She added, presenting a casual wave of greeting. "It seems the weather is bringing us together against our will."

She then crossed her arms and commenced, "Just so you all are clear, my name is pronounced as "Eedee..Na..Ee... The 'd' is soft. Now then, I am aware that all of you are exhausted, possibly some of you are ill tempered, but none of that matters. I think it best if you threw your pride aside for the sake of Tom. Clearly he befriended all of us for some reason, and this letter might hold some valuable information."

Yrinai uncrossed her arms, and placed her left hand upon her hip. Even though it seemed as if the house were being battered, she ignored the raging storm outside for it was something she found irrelevant at the moment.
Back to top Go down
ShinJix
ShinJix

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012 - 18:41

Sung awoke from the raging thunder outside the house, his head still fried and beaten from his fatigue and exhaustion. He fully opened his eyes that saw his water bottle leaning on the table slightly rolling, its fall was recent probably from the weather outside that made the table rumble. Sung picked up the water bottle, opened its cap and took a deep drink until it was barely half empty. Closing the bottle once more, he placed the bottle beside him on the couch. He then glared at Yrinai, adjusting his posture until he didn't look like a lazy slug.

"Alright, alright. What's going on now?" Sung said with an annoyed expression while rubbing his forehead, struggling to defend against his persistent headache.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:01

Yrinai's hand slid from her waist as she turned slightly to face Sung. "I'm only trying to see who knew Tom the longest and let him or her read this letter." With that, she pointed to the letter with only her right forefinger, slightly moving her hand at all in the process.

Yrinai took note of Sung's glare, but it didn't phase her. She simply returned the expression with a coy grin.

'I'm so glad to see you awake...'

Yrinai clenched her hand into a fist and turned her face away from him the moment she felt her cheeks burn.
Back to top Go down
ShinJix
ShinJix

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Jun 2012 - 22:44

"Erm, the longest?" Sung thought deeply on the topic, looking back to the very beginning of his relationships with Tom. Sung gently placed his hand on the side of his neck, his hand felt a burning sensation similar to the heat of his forehead.

"I, uh..known him since I was a little boy if that counts, maybe when I was eight or seven...but again I was a child back then." Sung slightly leaned back into the couch, his eyes turning towards the others one at a time.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012 - 20:11

Alice was growing slightly annoyed with all of the childishness. She sat up a little straighter in her chair and said in a clear voice, "Just read the damn letter."
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012 - 21:45

M A T T__A C E R A
Matt let his eye's pass to the nearest window as the thunder shook the room before issuing a torrent. Each window pane in the room was sheathed in sheets of water, making a blurry facade of anything that could be seen beyond, and Yrinai was still pressing. Matt didn't think it was a matter of pride; they'd just been brought together under the most trying of circumstances. Nevertheless, she managed to eek out a response from Sung, and as probably most expected, the answer had served to settle the lingering question in the air.

The woman, who still remained nameless, finally sparked with an aggravated suggestion, that had been Matt's preferred course of action as well. Who cared who read the letter? It was what was contained within that mattered. Upon the woman's outburst, Matt aimed a stoic glance at Yrinai, before grabbing the letter off the table once again, tearing it open without tearing his eyes from her. He glanced down only when he had the contents opened, before beginning to read aloud, clearly and tactfully.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012 - 23:07

Yrinai didn't seem phased with neither the woman who spoke nor Matt taking the letter. She only met Matt's eye contact with her and wondered if he thought she would snatch the letter from him again.

Yrinai slightly opened her mouth to say something but swallowed her words, slowly closing her lips. As soon as the letter was read, she had no intention of lingering around anyone any longer. It was beginning to show that Yrinai had become restless, and had been doing a marvelous job with hiding it up till now. She merely brushed it off and crossed her arms and took one step backward, tilting her body ever so slightly in the direction towards the front door.

'I have no reason to be here...'
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012 - 9:43

The first thing that was instantly noticed, was that the letter was written at least a year prior. The storm continued without pause as he read.

To my Mother and Dearest Friends,

If you are reading this, then I have finally completed my last accomplishment. I'm sorry that I didn't come to any of you about this first, but it was a problem that I have lived with for a long time in which there is no easy way to explain. Know however that all of you have made these last few years some of the best in my life, and that I am so happy that I could spend my last Summer with you all. I have thought about this for a long time, and have written and rewritten this many times. Anything I've forgotten you may decide among yourselves who gets it, otherwise you can simply give it to charity.

To my mother I leave my retirement fund. She'll refuse the money, I know she will, but the money is hers and hers alone. I do love you so much mother, so please don't let your pride kill you too. I know of your money problems, just let me help as my final wish.

To Matt I leave a blank check to my bank account. I know how student loans are, as we went to school together, so I want you to finally pay off yours. I also want you to have the gun... Whether you keep or dispose of it, that choice is up to you.

To Alice I leave my collection of paintings, as well as my historical treasures. I know you were quick to point out that they were copies, but I know you'll love them all the same. I will certainly miss your company, as we had so much common history.

To Felicia I leave my library of books, because if anyone were to finally read them all I know that person would be you. You are one of the smartest women I know, and I asked myself many times if you could intern at my work. I just wasn't sure how to ask, so I'll leave my bosses business card. Just tell him I recommended you, if you're interested that is... That's my final gift to you.

To Jae I'm going to give you the lake house, since I know you've been looking for a home for so long. You've been a dear friend to me, and I hope you allow the others to visit as often as I have. Even with poor memories now, we cannot forget the past.

Lastly to Yrinai I give you my Bentley Continental. I hope she treats you as well as you've treated me, even though I know that if I were still alive now you'd probably kill me... I know a car wont make up for anything, I just wanted to help.

Happily Ever After,

Tom

Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:20

'Bastard...'

Yrinai clenched her fists and stormed her way to the front door. She listened to the rain batter on it, feeling as if her own heart was pounding on the house simultaneously. ''I don't want your damn car..." She mumbled, while tears began to stream down her face. Her hands began to tremble on the knob, her mind began to race as she thought back upon their time together. She didn't know that he had been so close to everyone else. She knew he had secrets, yet had not known they were intertwined so deeply.

"Tch..." Was the last word she let slip through her now gritted teeth.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2012 - 9:46

Alice sat and stared at the floor as the will was read aloud. She didn't want to be close to anyone anymore if she could help it, but Tom had been such a good friend to her.

She remembered the first time Tom showed her his little collection and, though she noticed they were fake right away, loved them all the same. She was both happy and. A little sad that he gave her his treasured collection. Alice would make sure it was takeb care of.
Back to top Go down
ShinJix
ShinJix

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2012 - 14:29

Sung had a grin during the reading. He kept quiet and did not say anything after, knowing Tom he would call him by his true name. Sung looked at everyone, hoping no one caught the name 'Jae' except maybe his good friend Yrinai. He leaned back onto the couch, appreciating Tom's gift.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2012 - 18:20

Yrinai sighed, wiping her tears from her face and regained her composure. She then let go of the doorknob and walked back towards Sung. She could have sworn Tom had not mentioned his name, instead it was a different one that she would probably remember clearly when her mind wasn't so clouded in grief.

Yrinai wanted was to be next to Sung, and thats just where she sat. Every ounce in her body wanted to reach out to him and have him hold her but she refrained from such an act. "Well..." She began, "Are all hearts cleared?"

It had been apparent that Yrinai's voice lingered a tone of anguish.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 12:15

A clap of thunder was heard outside; definitely the largest of the night to the point where the house rattled and creaked on its' foundation. Eerily enough, the rain suddenly stopped at this, leaving everyone in silence. Outside the window a light blue glow was seen in the sky deep within one of the clouds; lightly pulsing its light through the household. At first it looked like the light was just floating among the clouds, but everyone soon realized this was wrong as it suddenly started to drop. The pulse grew faster as the object dropped further and further down towards the center of the lake. The further the light dropped from the clouds though, the more the clouds above rumbled as the storm started to form once more, just as dangerous if not more than before. Almost seconds before the object hit the water its' shape was clear.

It was a woman.

The woman struck the water as a wave of water kicked up around her from the impact before seeming to stop in mid air. Quicker than anything they've seen tonight, the entire lake started to freeze. Within seconds the entire lake froze, including the wave around the woman which now blocked her from sight as it seemed to form a light dome. The light from the woman finally started to fade, as once again everyone was bathed in the darkness of the storm; the ice sparkling in the occasional moonlight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spell of Awakening   Spell of Awakening - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spell of Awakening
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next