Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breaking from the Shell

Go down 
+7
Ta]R[SoNiS
CaR_HoPPeR
BloodKiaser923
inMadness
Saiteiru
TSDZ_President
Bestdragon3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2011 - 23:15

"It's happened to everyone..." Saren spoke, her head surfacing from the lake as she chewed on the last bits of her third fish. She smiled lightly, before she swam forward stepping up onto shore as water dripped off her scales and wings. She smiled at Smarag and Varek, shaking her wings out a little away from the other two.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 0:26

Smarag jumped with an loud cough as Varek spoke. His wings flourish, lobbing him a quarter turn to face Varek and set back down lightly. Before he could respond, he heard a splash followed by a familar voice, he purred lightly in response to either of them before burying his face again; he was still hungry and intended on getting his fill as quickly as possible.

After eating, he washed the blood from his face in the lake, an admittedly vain act in itself, and rejoined Saren and Varek. He was at a loss for words as to the sudden growth spurt; so far three of them, for sure, had doubled in size over night. A result of the Cloaked Man's experiments? If so, that meant consistent results, and in Smarag's mind, that boiled down to one of two things; the experiement was a complete success, or utter failure.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 16:00

It wasn't long before Nerea joined three of the dragons near the lake. As expected, they were larger as well. She breathed in relief to know she was not a freak, in any case.

"Good morning," she greeted them nonchalantly, reveling in her even more velvety voice. Yesterday it was simply smooth. Now Nerea's speech sounded downright pleasing. She looked around the water's edge for the serpent's carcass, expecting an easy breakfast. It wasn't that hard to spot, in any case, and she walked over to it.

She took a longer time studying it to see which part would seem best for consumption, and finally settled for a piece of meat near the belly of the beast.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 16:47

"Good morning~" Saren's own voice sounded musical, like soft wind chimes in a breeze. She smiled, before settling down on the ground in relaxation. Her tail flicked behind her happily, and she was pretty relaxed. "So... Anything of interest happen to you guys this morning...? Other than the unnatural growth...?"
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

Random : The beatings will continue until morale improves!

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 18:55

"Yes, Smarag needed a wash. Still does." Varek remarked, sitting down on the sand and waiting. He had nothing better to do, and figured the cloaked man would be startled if he was awoken early. Then again, a man like that might have been up the whole night. Varek wouldn't take his chances.
Back to top Go down
Saiteiru
Saiteiru

Random : A little glass vile?

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 19:24

Pacis had finally awoken from his slumber, noticing his body to be somewhat heavier and larger. (Natural growth..?) He thought, walking outside of the cave. His slightly more sensitive ears picked up the vibrations of conversation down below, he realized this was banter from the others and decided to fly down towards them.

As Pacis arrived, he kept silent as he saw the massive corpse lying on the ground. (This must have been... It's not of any importance) He looked around one last time, then looked back at the others.

"Good morning..." He said, his voice seeming to not have changed in the slightest bit. Still young and meekly spoken as ever.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 19:32

"Oh.... hello Pacis~ Did you sleep well..?" Saren asked, tilting her head as the Amethyst dragon landed nearby. "Want some breakfast...?" She smiled lightly, tail flicking back in forth in a calm manner, almost feline.
Back to top Go down
Saiteiru
Saiteiru

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 19:46

"Not well enough..." Pacis said, thinking back to his conversation with the Cloaked man. He looked back at the corpse of the serpent, and then back to Saren.

"...I'll find my own..but thank you." Pacis replied, not trying to be rude. But he refused to eat the flesh of another creature. (Why is her tail twitching in such a manner?) He thought.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 19:53

'What... Is he a vegetarian...?' Saren thought, though she nodded and smiled. "Well, your choice, Though I didn't have any serpent either... Fish are tasty little creatures~" Saren's smile grew, and her tail continued to flick back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Saiteiru
Saiteiru

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 20:00

"Fish.." He said quietly under his breath, with the knowledge that that serpent was no mere fish. Pacis was mesmerized by the swaying movement of Seren's tail, as if it were a pendulum. (Is she okay...?) He thought.

Pacis's stomach growled, knowing he had to grab something to eat Pacis looked back up towards Saren.

"I'm going to go eat..." He said in his meekish voice, walking off further down the lake looking for a decently scaled rock. Feeling hungrier than ever before, probably due to his growth.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:01

Nerea smiled and nodded in acknowledgement to Pacis. The two dragons had scales almost the same color; she was wondering if it was easy to tell them apart.

In a springy tone, Nerea started detailing her morning before she met up with them again. "It appears I'll have to change nests again. The one I slept in for the night is too small for me, even though it was at least half my size when I fell asleep yesterday." She paused, mesmerized at the sound of her own voice. Oh Nerea, you. "It's such a shame, though, it was such a nice space... like, just the right amount of shade and grass and everything..."

She was so trailed out into her own story that she barely realized she had never naturally learned speech, let alone the same language as them. When it came to Nerea's mind, she simply shrugged it off as if it was an obligatory occurrence. The purple dragon was curious, but she wasn't questioning.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:02

"Vegetarian?" Varek asked, tossing up sand with his tail.

"Bah. No. Pacis won't eat anything other than rocks. I wonder what the cloaked man will do with him when we're supposed to go out and kill people." Varek said, by now having dug a sufficiently-sized hole. Naturally, he rolled around until he found another spot to continue his equivalent of thumb twiddling.

"By the way, when are we supposed to do that? If we keep growing like this I'll make a bet for tomorrow." He added, eventually deciding digging was counterproductive, so his tail fell flat on the ground. Only then did he realize he was getting comfortable with his growth spurt.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:20

"Rocks... Odd meal choice... As for killing people, I honestly don't see any point in it... Why kill something you aren't going to eat, unless of course it attacks you first." Saren shrugged, her tail continuing to flick.

"Sorry about your home Nerea... At least you had found one... I ended up sleeping near the spring up the river a ways..." Saren said with a small smile as she chuckled a little. She planned on searching for a good nest under the waves of the lake later today.
Back to top Go down
Saiteiru
Saiteiru

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:29

"Humans..." Pacis said to himself, not finding a large enough rock to crush into a sizeable meal. Instead he gathered a few together and then crushed them with his front claws, devouring what must have been three pounds of the crushed rock.

"Meh.." He said to himself as he sat down on his back legs looking up at the trees.
Back to top Go down
Ta]R[SoNiS
Ta]R[SoNiS

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 21:58

"I have no clue, really. However, Humans do seem to have interesting personalities." Varek only knew one human so far. And he was very interesting. He got up and strode over to the river.

"There's plenty of dead things down there. I kind of wonder how the fish live here."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 23:29

"They live off of dead flesh. Much like the serpent." The Cloaked Man replied, appearing from what seemed out of nowhere,"I'm happy to see you're all alive. That's a good sign. But we'll need to wait and see for tomorrow to be completely sure."
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2011 - 23:41

Saren stretched, her talons extending and digging into the soft earth of the shore. "Indeed... And what exactly will happen if we survive through the day...?" She asked, her voice taking on a purring sound. Once she got an answer, she would go and search out her new nesting placing in the lake. Just the thought of her possible new home made her smile.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 0:07

"If you survive another day then I pull in older experiments for you to test your strength on, then I let you all go." The Cloaked man replied, carefully scanning the dragons.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 0:43

Saren nodded, eyeing the man for a moment more, before standing and slipping into the water gracefully. With a wave of her tail to the others, she dived underwater, swimming down and looking around the lake bottom. She was a bit disturbed at all of the scales, but she forced herself to move on, searching for a good sleeping place so that she could be save. In all honesty, Saren hadn't like that she had had to sleep in the open last night.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 7:00

Validus lands just behind the cloaked man, after taking off from the mountain. He stands upright, revealing that he is....

...no bigger than he was before. Or if he was, it was by very little.

Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 20:01

Smarag tilted his head. Still needs a wash?, he thought.
It didn't occur to him initially that he was still covered in a thin layer of dust and thin streaks of mud too stubborn to fall off during flight. But soon it donned on him, making the effort he put in dunking his head underwater essentially meaningless, and of course, enjoyably ironic.

Regardless, he shrugged the comment off; no sense in removing what was sure to find it's way back as soon as he repaired his burrow. In fact, as soon as the cloaked man finished reminding them of his current aspirations, Smarage made to slowly backstep away from the others, bowing his head towards the cloaked man as he moved.

Once a good distance, he lifted off and started back towards his burrow. Best to get an early start, he'd have to be sure to prepare for another growth spurt, because digging out was exhausting, and he wanted to be able to prepare for whatever that man was cooking up tomorrow. Besides, he had accomplished what he set out to do, in dining on the fellbeast before competition arrived; now that it had, what else to do but return to his lair and get to work.

He probably wouldn't admit it, but some part of him wanted to pit himself against another of his kind. The ordeal with the serpant had lessened, but not entirely quelled, his desire for combat.
Back to top Go down
Saiteiru
Saiteiru

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011 - 21:11

Pacis simply stayed seated, not heeding towards the others. (Disgusting...) He thought to himself, as he continued to watch the trees bustle.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2011 - 15:49

After a few minutes of searching, Saren would find the bottom of the lake, its floor composed of baby dragon scales of all types. There were also a few bones as well. Finally she came upon a chunk of rock that looked promising, noticing that it too was made out of corroded dragon scales. There was a small tunnel in it that started near the bottom and went up into the rock. It was quite a large tunnel, and at the end it stopped at an underwater cave where a few baby dragon bones lay rotting in the corner. It was a very large cavern, and Saren could tell that it used to belong to the now dead serpent.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptySat 23 Apr 2011 - 1:58

Saren swam gracefully underwater, and up the tunnel into the underwater cave. She gave a light hiss at the mess left by the last occupant, but she wasn't complaining... The bronze dragon had a rather large home to sleep in. Sighing lightly, she got to work cleaning up her new home, using her powerful tail to sweep away the debris. She would push it out later...
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011 - 6:58

Validus moves to the water's edge and slips in as well after a minute or two of uncertainty. After a little while of learning to swim, he finally begins looking around for some fish. Once he catches sight of some, he goes in for the kill, swallowing them whole.

He was glad to finally have something to eat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking from the Shell    Breaking from the Shell  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking from the Shell
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: Archives :: Good ol' Times :: Roleplays-
Jump to: