Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Æther Pool

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Æther Pool - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2015 - 16:24

Incredibly powerful, technically evil archmage who has a wife or other lover that he loves to pieces and dotes on constantly

because of fragile health or simple desire, she stays in secluded parts of the world, deep in the woods or atop high mountain peaks
she still wanted to see the world, so the mage created a magical mirror from which she could see everything

and occasionally, she will see will see a village under attack or something
politics and wars are none of her affairs, but attacks on simple people who have nothing to do with such conflicts irk her to no end

and because such actions distress her, during these episodes the archmage will walk out of the forest or down the mountain and obliterate the attackers before returning home without a word

inspired by Overlord
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 21:54

Because I saw a post for Laser-Guided Karma, I now want to play a sorceress who dresses in rags because A) she feels like it and B) because she burned all her money on magical gear

So she walks around looking like a beggar, but if a noble berates her for standing in the middle of the road death will have to sprint to keep up with her
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Sep 2015 - 22:36

I have no idea why, but i suddenly want to see a medusa as a protagonist in a video game

like, just to see where they take the story and how well they animate the snakes on her head
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 23:05

stashing some notes:

least
dark one's own luck
call of the beast
serpent's tongue
see the unseen

lesser
fell flight
walk unseen

greater
eldritch beam
vitriolic blast
hellspawned grace

beguiling influence, artificer's assistant, eldritch spear, entropic warding, hideous blow, leaps and bounds, spiderwalk, dark arcana, cloak of shadows, shrouding transformation
curse of despair (touch attack for bestow curse; worse because the target suffers a -1 to attack Even If they succeed their save), eldritch chain, flee the scene, voidsense, crawling eye, disembodied hand, relentless dispelling, witchwood step, eldritch ward
chilling tentacles, wall of perilous flame,
path of shadow, retributive invisibility, utterdark blast, word of changing, caster's lament
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 21:13

"Aces full of Houses"

this nonsensical play on poker terms is TwistedKnightly's way of telling someone that she has already won without them even noticing
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 21:26

Daughter of a Highly Influential Senator (or similar governmental position) is the student council president.
She seems like an ice queen, cold and distant, but she low-key does lots of shit to help out the student body. Ex. the arts department needs funding, but money can't really be spared. Suddenly, a Super Snobbish young art student arrives, and it is announced that there is going to be an open house for the arts dept. The president makes a number of appearances throughout the night, but it is not revealed until later on that the prez knew the one guy was a dick, and let him dig his own grave in the professional world, while subtly bringing lots of attention to the other students' works. Thus, more funding is allowed for the arts department. And even then, she doesn't really take credit for it
(monotone)"I have no idea what you are talking about, but you may go on believing that, if you like."

Revealed later that she has immense pressure on her from her father to succeed, and no matter what she does, the slightest mistake will be magnified. Perfect control is the name of the game

Even creepier, but also really helpful in the grand scheme of things, is that she doesn't even see others as independent people, but as toys in a massive game she is playing. As she was denied a normal childhood, her adult mind has transformed her entire world into a tangled mess of playthings.
That said:
"-but don't worry your pretty little head; I take good care of my toys."

If she likes you, if you are within her scope in or out of the school, etc. she will do everything in her power to help you, even if it may not seem like help at the time
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyTue 13 Oct 2015 - 0:12

girl who works in a mortician's lab but, instead of wearing a typical lab coat or scrubs, wears a trenchcoat made out of white latex (so it can be easily cleaned)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 6:57

The Angel of Wonder
a title given to an artificer of wondrous ability
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2015 - 14:42

really minor but kind of fun thing:

Anisocoria is a condition where the pupil of one eye differs in size from the pupil of the other. Affecting 20% of the population, it can be an entirely harmless condition or a symptom of more serious medical problems.

thanks to sixpence for this!!
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 23:13

Names!
Just can't decide on a surname for these two...

Rosary- Latin and Middle English Origin
Adams
Ash
Baines
Beckett
Black/Blackwood
Croft
Deadman
Drake
Fear
Hext
Sexton
Sinclair
Strange
Victorson

Primrose- late middle english and medieval latin
Appleby
Arkwright
Battle
Clifford
Elder
Grove
Sergeant
Underhill
Wakefield

Edit:
Add
Serena Baptiste
Absinthe Black

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sat 14 Nov 2015 - 22:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015 - 22:58

Guy who fits most stalker tropes, and kind of is one, but at the same time isn't

he is a photographer, and enjoys taking pictures of people in their natural settings, living their lives as usual and enjoying authentic emotions. Absolutely loathes set pictures, like portraits for picture day, because they are fake as hell

now, this guy does fit most definitions of a stalker. One major difference: he wants nothing to do with this person's actual life. they just caught his attention with some emotion, and he decided to follow them for a while.
'a while' could be anything from a few minutes to a few years, though if they catch his attention with something new he may follow them again

Does not typically send out messages to people, and even more rarely does he send out pictures, but does do so on rare occasions.

Only does photography as a hobby, and would sooner take a baseball bat to his equipment and leave photography forever than do it as a career. Will occasionally do some photography for a friend, but only in his usual style, so the subject rarely knows their picture is being taken until after the fact

His dad was a nature photographer (Nat Geo or something like that) and his creed (which this character applied to his own hobby work) was the common phrase 'take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints'. His dad was also mauled by a bear when he tried to manipulate the animal to get a 'better shot', which is why our shutterbug keeps a certain distance from all his subjects
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 11:49

some interesting elf variants and their bonuses:

Elven blood- mercy elf
In addition to gaining +1 to all save throws, you may join any prestige class, regardless of racial limitations, so long as all other prereq’s are met

Elven blood- star elf
Your meditation only requires 1 hour each night

Elven blood- pain elf
Deal 1d6 damage to yourself to give your weapon wounding for a number of rounds equal to 1 plus Con modifier
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 9:50

New name: Yang Lang

also, stupid but persistent idea

you walk into a library, and seated at a high desk is a skeleton which, far from being inanimate, is scribing something into a heavy- and- old- looking tome. Even more bizarre, this skeleton still seems to have hair, the limp strands determinedly clinging to its bare skull.

as you stand there staring, it comes to notice your gaze, as it stops its pen in its track and shifts its skull to stare at you with its full face. Even without a face, you get the expression of 'What?' emanating off of it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Nov 2015 - 15:03

Stupid blurb, but i like it:

Guy who doesn't like/doesn't believe in/hates/is terrified of magic

ends up crushing Hard on a magician/mage
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 16:09

In a magical world only tenuously held in place by truce, there exists a girl- average height, dyed-black hair. she wears oversized boots over feet far too small for them, and wears a long black coat, and she is always reading out of a small notebook. to all appearances, she is your stereotypical goth.

one issue: she has, somehow, traveled the no-man's lands of lands on the brinks of war with nary a scratch

How? simple
that book she is always reading? it is a book of true names

Not THE book of true names, mind you; that is under protection of the best kind. But where other mages give themselves up for power over the elements or to gain various magical attributes, all she asked for of the world was this small book, and she set about leafing through this little slice of the universe's soul and memorizing little bits here and there
she does not often use her powers, because that would telegraph what she is and what power she possesses. even when she does use them, the effect is often so profound that people can't believe that a mere line of gibberish could result in them, and believe her to be a much more powerful magician than she actually is.

in addition, to supplement her otherwise lacking qualities of magic, she carries a lot of extra equipment. Remember her oversized boots? they are so big because she keeps extradimensional pockets in them, and needs to be able to reach in and grab what she needs.

the coat? actually, it isn't that special; it is just for warding off wind and rain. gotta remember the small comforts
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2015 - 15:56

this is going to need a follow-up, but while i am still thinking about it:

If I ever make a character who is a clairvoyant, he or she should more represent the downside of it, like hearing demonic voices coming from all directions and not being able to escape, or not being able to sleep at night because they are not ignorant to the things that live in the shadows and the walls.
Might possibly, or probably, draw some similarities to schizophrenia. like, a Lot. With the unfortunate truth being that they are real, not the senses triggering when there is nothing there.

I told you there was going to be a follow-up, and here it is:
People with schizophrenia (and some other patients with mental issues, but it crops up most often with schizophrenia) often hear things that aren’t there, and I mean that in a very literal way.

Don’t believe me? Put on some headphones and listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vvU-Ajwbok

This is an example of what a schizophrenic hears, according to research. Now, why do they hear these things? An explanation is probably telling you this right now
People tend to think a lot, but not always in their own voices; when they read something, they often do read it aloud, just not out loud, if you get what I am saying. The information you get from reading a book is often the result of hearing the words inside your head, whether you use your own voice or someone else’s.

Here’s the thing, though: we can tell what is real and what isn’t, generally speaking. When we hear that voice inside our head, we know it is our own minds reading the passage. A schizophrenic, on the other hand, is split off from his or her own mind, and the ‘reality check’ that we all possess to tell us what is real and what isn’t is nonfunctional in the head of a schizophrenic. It is one of the disorder’s defining features. So when someone with schizophrenia hears a voice in their head, they think it is literally another entity, either another person, a spirit, a demon, or whatever.

It gets worse; we often have a lot of thoughts rushing through our heads at once, usually determined by our surroundings, situations, and our perceptions of them. When we feel good, we have good emotions, but when they are bad, we reciprocate. Now, imagine that every one of those thoughts sounds like a demon or a spirit inside your head. How would you react if a demon in your head laughed at every mistake you made or poked fun at every insecurity you ever felt? That is the life of a schizophrenic, and that isn’t even the half of it, because it continues on into other sensations

Also, what I had you listen to earlier is no joke. We as observers of a schizophrenic may hear nothing but their babbling, but brain scans have actually shown that, during the times when patients say they hear voices, the auditory centers of their brains actually ARE lighting up. Their brain is literally sending them these signals, which get processed into voices and sounds. Same with hallucinations, ghosts sensations, and the like

How sane would you feel in that situation? If the answer is anything aside from ‘not’ or ‘not very’, sorry to say, but I don’t believe you

That said, that is how I want this character being described, with the slight exception that their visions are, more or less, actually real, which makes life that much harder for them
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Nov 2015 - 12:08

Æther Pool - Page 5 Creature_of_man_by_aikurisu

Creature of Man
by Aikurisu

if not for the ears, this might actually be a fair glimpse of what Odds (my chaos mage) looks like

aside from that, though, gonna link to the actually DA page, because the artist/creator had some really cool story behind this piece:
http://aikurisu.deviantart.com/art/Creature-of-Man-169547321
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Dec 2015 - 12:05

came up with this idea back in grade school, but now that it is a little more refined i don't think i mind throwing it up here:

in a small-mid sized town (not city), there was a serial murderer who tortured his victims before killing them and leaving their body parts in roadside ditches for joggers to find
when the police finally found out who it was, they went en mass to arrest him, only for him to force a shoot-out and get himself killed

that should have been the end of it, but the townspeople were still angry. they didn't feel that they'd gotten justice enough served with his quick death
they needed someone to blame, to put on the chopping block, and they found them in the dead man's 8-year old daughter

they put her on a mockery of a trial and just let the lawyers and judges rain brimstone down upon her. she was accused of many things, including aiding and abetting her fathers crimes, and when she tried to say she couldn't do anything they slapped obstruction of justice on top of that
this, to a girl who lived in terror of her father, and was barely allowed outside of the house except under his personal supervision

the girl ended up in prison, obviously, and even after things 'calmed down', none of the townspeople were willing to release her. For that matter, most of them wanted her on death row for her father's crimes, and wanted her to go to the chair (check that: they wanted to re-instate hangings for this particular occasion, but the judge at least wised up enough to shoot that suggestion down)

The girl stayed in prison until (and this is where it gets a little hazy)...the President's daughter shows up to tour the town, and happens to visit the prison.
in the original version, i think the mayor of the town promised to release any inmate she wanted as a sign of goodwill and happiness of having the President's own daughter in his town
in this updated version, either she applies pressure either directly to the mayor (to get him thrown out of office)/takes this case up with a higher court and gets the case examined on a national level
OR
she literally has her security detail get the girl out of there and has her moved to a jail closer to the capitol and Then has the case re-examined at her leisure
this eventually leads to the poor girl befriending the President's daughter, but by that time she had served almost half her life suffering the scorn and ire of an entire town for the crimes that her father committed, which left her more than a little broken
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 17:34

Æther Pool - Page 5 Spider_witch_by_genzoman

Spider Witch
by GENZOMAN

Remembers that I wanted to play a character based off this picture for one of Best's campaigns
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Dec 2015 - 17:35

Just a random Alpha concept i had: a girl with high-moderate psychokinesis who helps her friends move by sitting on the couch and packing everything up with her mind
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2015 - 0:05

Another power-user I came up with:

this guy (Matthias) has a high-powered apotheosis power... that he is completely unaware of
this is due to the fact that he also possesses high levels of invulnerability and zombification

this, added to the fact that he is an epsilon, means that he is almost unkillable. However, due to the way that his power works, he can't feel anything. pain, pleasure, warmth, cold; nothing at all. Not only that, but his threshold for fatality is so high and his vital signs are so low that there is literally no indication that he is actual living.

this has had the psychological effect of causing him to doubt whether he is actually alive, or wonder if everything he experiences in this world is just a hazy fever dream, completely unaware of the fact that if he could just find a way to die, even once, his buried power would activate, and it would all be over
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 21:55

Deus Ex
Indomitable will
Impel resolve

I've seen a lot of heroes end up with rivals simply because they oppose the villain's plots, defeat them in battle, or whatever else heroes tend to do

I want to have a hero who fights villains, beats them savagely, but doesn't really show much emotion in doing so
the reality is that she doesn't Want to fight them, or oppose them

But she has no choice
She was cursed with a Geas-like compulsion that forces her to oppose 'villains' wherever and whenever she finds them
     thing is, this view is fairly narrow, and means that she ends up fighting and killing people simply for doing what they believe in
           or worse, killing people for doing what they have to to survive (in the case of theft or self-defense killing)

and what should happen if she befriends someone, only to find out later that they are doing things that are kind of villainous? This person, whom she knows and loves, will be splattered with her tears as the compulsion forces her to crush the life from them

Oh, so she wants a villain to kill her, or for the authorities to stop her? Well, the compulsion gives her whatever powers she needs to handle a given situation. So the villain floods the room with poisonous gas? She doesn't need to breathe anymore. So the authorities manage to catch her sleeping and put her in a reinforced metal box? Kay, she is now harder than depleted phlebotinum and has super strength to boot, so she just beats her way out

The best she can do in most cases is just stay away from people- if she can't see/perceive anyone, her powers usually won't activate. But this usually doesn't last forever. Either she'll have to go into town to get some supplies (inevitably seeing something she doesn't want to) or a villain/government officer tracks her down and tries to take her out/in, which unavoidably ends with her terminating the unfortunate sap

And the sad part is, she tells people, over and over and over again, to leave her alone, to stay out of her sight so she doesn't have to kill them. Even so, for whatever reason, no one listens to her, and they come after her anyway
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 14:43

Holy shit, i just realized something:

although it may not be blatantly obvious, a lot of my characters (at least the ones in my head; i haven't done a count on the ones in here) are not interested in sex or romance. I kind of thought it was weird that so many of my characters were ace, aro, or both, but i just had an epiphany:

I create characters like that for the specific reason that I don't see them in regular media
like, at all
so my brain just contemplated by making my own

huh
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 15:33

Oh, God Damn It

I was thinking about Leena, and then about dragons and half-dragons

And now I want to make a half-dragon slime girl

God. Damn it
God
Fucking
Dammit
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 EmptyFri 1 Jan 2016 - 23:50

I'll catch up to this one later, but just dropping these here for now:

Dishonor:
technopath- 7
corruption- 5
omnicompetence- 2
danger sense- 2
time stop- 1
unnatural skill (combat)- 1

if any more ranks get added, they would probably go first to danger sense, and then to unnatural skill, then to omnicompetence. technopathy is as strong as it is likely to get, i do not dare push corruption any further, and seeing as time stop is a 'shit hit the fan' button, it doesn't need to be any higher

also, for Erika, being stuck at the age of 13-15 is a negative worth 5-6 points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Æther Pool
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: