Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Æther Pool

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Æther Pool - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 13:12

Girl who goes by Max

because she was born Maximilian
because her parents wanted a boy, and named their unborn child as such

so when it was born a girl, they started calling her by a shortened nickname to cover their blunder, but the girl always grew up knowing that her parents wanted a boy, instead of the girl they got.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyTue 8 Mar 2016 - 10:34

Two really quick character ideas, meant primarily for Alphas

1. several years ago, i was big into the show Las Vegas, and one particular episode revolved around a man who had lost his memory, and his only clue as to his past was a poker chip from the Montecito. Turns out that he was formerly a hitman, and a recent job had ended with an explosion that rendered him amnesiac. Thing was, his amnesiac self not only had no idea of his past, but was personally an amazingly kind, helpful, and sweet individual
This character is built a lot like that. Former assassin, was caught in the aftermath of a job gone south, but after he woke up after the accident he had no idea who he was, and was incredibly scared and confused as to why he was handcuffed to a hospital bed with armed officers standing around him.
This in turn led to his Alpha powers activating, and him running around in a blind panic, because now the government not only has to deal with an assassin, but one with powers (never mind that he has no intention of actually using them to hurt people)

2. A lot of people preach about balance, about how good and evil both exist inside a person. i want this character to be a reflection of sorts of that.
This character is a priest, the kindest and gentlest you ever met, and he too believes in balance. Most people hear this, see him doing charity work, helping the poor, etc. and assume that he is trying to personally outweigh the evil and cruelty of the world. What those same people don't know is that he actually believes that balance exists within the person, and the people are not balanced upon the scale that is the world. He believes that going too far in either direction leads to an imbalance of character, and he believes this to be true about himself as well.
Therefore, in secret he commits some terrible, awful atrocity, so that he can carry aiding others to the best of his abilities.

Now, what is this crime? as yet undetermined- probably something along the lines of child murder or something. That said, outside of this particular field, he is still the same kind old man you think he is (we are talking, in battle, he would actively avoid killing anyone, would do his best to simply incapacitate, and would try to convince combatants to stop fighting if he could)

Now, take all of that, and throw in alpha powers to the mix...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyTue 8 Mar 2016 - 21:24

me being a further asshole, making more asshole characters
this one's actually a bit trigger-y, so i'll put it under the cut

this bitch:
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 22:16

Was listening to Italobrothers for about the 50th time, and had a sudden idea for a new character that i think would be fun, but might also be really simplistic and flat

Alphas
techno/rave dancer whose primary power is psychokinesis, but has a few ranks in audiokinesis, so she just dances in air, pumping the music from her headphones while generally fucking shit up
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 23:28

May be the same character as above, may not be; in any case, i digress

I want to create a girl, Pacific Islander, who defies a lot of mainland cultural stereotypes by being a techno-geek and a raver
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptySun 13 Mar 2016 - 20:38

This idea came up a while ago, and I think I’ll have to do it in two parts so that it makes sense and so that I don’t start crossing topics here. So, to start, characters

This story concept came with three characters in particular

The first, and most important, was a tiefling, who was a lot like Neeshka from Neverwinter Nights 2 (in fact, a lot of her inspiration came from Neeshka directly, including appearance, down to the tail): abandoned as a babe, taken in by priests, but when she was older she was kicked out/ran away for refusing to convert. Happened to be found by a wandering bard, who took her in and showed her how to win people with her words and her movements.

This tiefling (I shall call her…Akasha) grew up to be a rather interesting character, being smart, witty, and generally happy, but also incredibly talented and almost universally skilled. While her bardic skills leaned more towards songs and ballads primarily of a historical and epic nature, her talents lended themselves heavily towards those of an adventurer’s life, and indeed she made quite a name for herself as a spammer in the works. Kings and countries, dragons and mages, all owed her favors for services past rendered, and she was known far and wide as an excellent diplomat and emissary

Akasha was meant more as a ‘face’ character who dealt with people socially, but she was no slouch in a fight. In particular, I envision her using this:
Æther Pool - Page 7 Bloodthorn_by_shodukari-d2uh8yc
(Bloodthorn by Shodukari)
Though as a longsword, not a bastard sword

In her travels, Akasha walked alongside many companions, but two in particular stand out in the adventure I envision

Dan- a dwarven bard, Dan was in some sense a rival to Akasha, though anyone who knows them well are fully aware that the competition is more academic and friendly than anything else. Where Akasha (while universal) caters primarily to civilized tastes, Dan fancies himself something of a pirate; he travels on ships from port to port, spinning yarns, making vulgar jokes, and singing uplifting shanties that everyone could sing along to.
While it may be said that Dan enjoys the party life, he too was an adventurer, and skilled in many the same ways Akasha was, just with a different contact network, which allowed them to complement one another exceedingly well

Nigli- This particularly angry warrior was a girl born of dwarven and draconic parents. Surprisingly, she cared very little for her dwarven heritage, but also little for her draconic heritage due to being abandoned by her draconic father. She mostly just wandered about scrapping for coins here and there. One day, she was riding in a wagon and Akasha sat down across from her and started to tell her a story. By the time the story was over, they were in a town, and Akasha dragged her to a nearby tavern and started singing a song. It was a long night, and when Nigli woke up the next morning with a hangover she knew her life was changed
Nigli honestly doesn’t know why she sticks around and helps Akasha, but she does, and often serves as the muscle for her operations, because even if she doesn’t know why the hell she’s doing this shit, she knows that she is still doing something worthwhile

Oookay. Next, the story, in the Grimoire
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptySat 19 Mar 2016 - 0:11

the half-orc who stumbled upon a sisterhood of nymphs when he was half-dead
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptySun 20 Mar 2016 - 17:35

Came up with this character idea at work today. Best can rubber-stamp it as yay or ex-nay at his leisure

Intuitive ability- visual only
Blinded and kidnapped by Pit Fiend
Ocular jack used to force her to watch the Elements fight and use their powers
One of the less visible ones; Jessica, maybe, or Mike
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 14:36

Had an idea
there is a mace that was forged by the angels to fight back the demons of chaos
hero after hero has wielded this weapon, and entire sections of the archives of heaven are dedicated to the exploits of its users

one day the mace was lost after a battle, and was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable

A goblin

Years later, this goblin ends up joining a group of mortals out of necessity in order to fight off some marauders, and one happens to be a man of pious background who recognizes the weapon he wields past all the bloodstains as the great weapon itself

'That! That is (long and non-pronounceable name) (enter long list of titles and deeds)

'I call it Lamer'

'..w-what?'

'If i hit something with it and it lives, it is lamed for life'

'...you are a terrible creature'

'So I've been told'

aaand now i want to play a goblin at some point. Goooddamnit
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 14:50

Aaand a character based off the warriors from Claymore...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2016 - 15:22

And a hellhound in a high school setting

For Fuck's Sake, Brain! stop coming up with new characters and focus on the ones you currently have!

*sighs*

on that note, actually do have a personal note for possible character I might play in the future
All previous issues aside, if I ever play Um'aolice again in Advent Gestalt, I need to make her the most bitter asshole i have ever established, not just because the multiverse as a whole has more or less constantly spit on her efforts to find a better life for herself, but because she essentially found Paradise at the end of FoN, and by playing her at all, it is more or less established that that has been ripped away from her as well, and she is none too happy about it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2016 - 18:05

Okay, while I am thinking about it:
I want to see a princess in the style of Disney, except she is a straight-up monstrous humanoid: drider, but scorpion instead of spider kind of idea
Let’s call her…Israa
The first image I have involving this character is of a person lost in the desert, delirious from thirst, and pretty much wandering aimlessly. It is fairly obvious this person is going to die soon.
From the sand behind them rises a creature: 7 feet tall, easily. It’s lower body is that of a massive scorpion, sheathed in golden armor, strong pincers in front, and a great tail rising up from behind. From its front emerges the upper body of a beautiful young woman with deeply tanned skin and long, loose black hair.
The creature spots the fading wanderer collapsing to the ground and rushes over to them, legs skittering beneath her. She bends low, putting her head to their chest, trying to find a heartbeat and only just being successful

The person wakes up in a small, circular room. A centaur-like abomination appears in the doorway and comes to their side. Fearful at first, but eventually relenting, they allow the creature to give them water, sip by sip. Eventually the stinger (I have no better name; I’m sorry) introduces himself, and mentions that the princess was ever so worried about them?
…wait, the princess?
Israa brought them here in a panic because she thought they were going to die. This was apparently cause for concern the first time she did this, but she does it so often that it is just routine at this point.
The only real questions are how the traveler is going to thank and repay the princess, and what is going to happen to them now…

Second, this was another kind of stupid idea but I liked it too much to just toss it, so here goes
The supernatural world exists alongside ours, and just like our world the inhabitants have to get educated somewhere (yes, this a high school concept; sue me. Actually, more of a college anime style. Whatever- school setting!). Typically, the more powerful and prestigious mythical creatures, such as the angels and the demons, have more of a wealthy ideal of entitlement, and go to very posh schools for the fast-track to power. Lesser mythical creatures, such as lycanthropes and many types of undead go to less well-funded schools instead.
This is where the character comes in
In an earlier post I mentioned wanting to make a hellhound in a school setting (I think it was high school, I may or may not need to bump it up). That is exactly who I am talking about. This particular hellhound wants to move up in the world and grab some of that power and prestige, and is committed to working her ass off, both in human form and furry form, to get there.

Let’s call Her… Moriah

Moriah has a long road ahead of her, because even though she got into one of these prestigious academies, she is still a hellhound, and angels, demons and the like tend to view most of the lesser monsters as…well, lesser, and shifter types in particular. It’s not like it is impossible for them to get into these universities, but they are so frequently bullied and tormented that they leave of their own accord to escape the daily hell (oh my god, I didn’t even think of that when I was typing)
Well, one thing in particular that happens very commonly with shifter types is they are forced to wear collars and be led around like pets by some of the upperclassmen, and are often ‘given’ tags specifying who currently has ‘possession’ of them
Now, Moriah has friends back home, and a few of them were kind of salty that she was getting a leg up on everyone else, but most of them saw how hard she worked and gave her encouragement. Her best friend however went out of her way and bought her a special going-away present
The first day of classes rolls around, and the angel and demon cliques are loitering around to catch a glimpse of the new dog that found its way here so they can decide if they want her or not. In the door walks Moriah

And she already has a collar around her neck

Finely-tooled leather, a d-ring just large enough for the tag and not a leash, and the tag itself is made of a nigh-indestructible metal with a name pre-set into it. The name on the tag is that of her best friend

In a backwards way, this actually shields Moriah from some of the worse offenders at the university, and actually lets her display her talents and hard work in relative peace (compared to what some of the others have to put up with)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 11:08

This is an idea I came up with years ago
I always thought that, despite being the classic image of a lycanthrope, werewolves in D&D were one of the weakest variations of lycanthropes in the game. This especially didn’t make sense when you started talking about the alphas of the pack
So, my brother and I put together a list of features that we thought would be more relevant to an alpha-level werewolf; whether or not this is actually reasonable and balanced, though, is anyone’s guess. Also, I should probably note that this set was originally based off of the Underworld series, so there’s that:

Human form
+2 Con, +2 Str, +2 Dex
Land speed 40ft 90ft fall- no damage
Aura of authority
Bite
Superior low-light vision- 120ft
Scent in all forms
+10 to Jump checks
Regeneration (cannot regenerate damage done by silver)
DR 10/silver

Hybrid form-
Howl- 50ft-radius; succeed will save or become panicked. Within 15ft, take sonic damage as sound burst and succeed Fort save or go deaf
Double range of low-light vision
Increase size to large
+4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con (not included with the ability bonuses from Large size)
Gain 2 claws and rend
Increased bite damage
Land speed becomes 80ft
+20 son jump checks
Gain spiderclimb effect
120ft fall, no damage
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyFri 1 Apr 2016 - 18:27

Idea for a dragonslayer
This woman has dedicated her life to hunting down and killing dragons
Thing is, dragons have never actually done anything to her personally, except defend themselves when she tries to kill them. So why does she do it? Because her family, her friends, her entire village was wiped out by a dragon cult, sacrificed to try and gain the favor of the winged lizard they venerated.
So in the beginning, she tried exterminating the cults, but more and more kept cropping up, and eventually she realized that as long as there were still dragons around for them to worship, she would never be rid of them. So, she figured that she could do much more damage and inflict more pain and suffering to the cults by killing their gods instead, and sometimes she’s lucky enough to get to kill both
Does she feel bad about killing dragons? Of course. Most of them are just trying to survive, and few have ever actually taken action against humans, especially the wyrmlings. And she also realizes that she will never truly be rid of either the cults or the dragons, but she feels that she has to do this, that so long as she still draws breath and remembers the dying faces of her fellow villagers, the debt of pain and sorrow will never be fulfilled.
And so the world continues to turn
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 19:41

The Eternal/Sir "Jack" (placeholder name, because i am uncreative)

an immortal man who goes around and kidnaps transient youths, street kids, and runaways

it will usually go that he will
pick up a boy or girl
take them to a place where they will be in isolation for anywhere from several weeks to several months

in that time, he tortures them and forces them to both give up and forget their former life
then once that's done he'll go about turning them into members of 'civilized society', giving them rigorous intellectual education, manners and etiquette training, combat instruction, and so on.
Finally, when he thinks they are ready, he dresses them up in finery and takes them out into the world

drops them off, and lets them figure out the rest
due to his training, they quickly infiltrate high society and reach the upper echelons of business

then he goes about finding the next one

there is a long-game reason for him doing this, but in the short-term kidnapping, torturing, and re-educating kids is akin to a very serious hobby
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 13:33

i'm not going to use the lore mystery, but i LOVE the whirlwind lesson revalation

god, the nature mystery with erosion touch and undo artifice would fucking piss Dom off. same with clockwork and automatic control

the fucking unchained curse, jesus hentai christ
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 14:42

Æther Pool - Page 7 Dont-Care-reaction-gif

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Apr 2016 - 15:12

It's D&D, sooo

yeah

spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Apr 2016 - 20:33

So I just came up with probably the gayest thing I have ever created
For some time now, I have been trolling my brain trying to create alternative characters for the artifact campaign, in case something happened where Odds ever stopped existing (coughelderevilcough). One of these was an oracle, but another was a knight who rode on a dragon. Pretty classic D&D shit, right? Right.
So, naturally, my brain had to spin it in some way

So, I have this knight much like Aribeth from Neverwinter Nights. Proud knight of her order, going out and fighting the good fight. In her home monastery, however, she has a lover that she discreetly courts. Everyone knows, and they know everyone knows- hell, their mutual god knows, so they keep things on the low-down for the sake of appearances.

Now, one day our Victorian Nord (I shall call her... you know what, I’m gonna call her Lady Victoria) goes off to hunt some giant marauders in their mountain caves. She is successful in her hunt, but as she prepares to leave, injured and weary from battle, she hears a rattling breath from down the hall. She follows the sound back and finds herself in the presence of a very injured, very young red dragon. It is obvious that the giants had enslaved and broken the young draconic beast, and for all its previous ferocity and bloodthirstiness, all it can say is, ‘..please…help me’ before it loses consciousness
When next the dragon awakes, she is being salved and tended to by the very injured Victoria. Out from under the giants’ thumbs, she tries being nasty and putting up a fight, but Victoria just pushes her back down and tells her to stop teasing at her scabs. Eventually, the dragon asks why the knight is doing this, which she is answered with, ‘because regardless of who you are or what you’ve done, I have never, and will never, turn my back on someone who has asked for my help.’

Time-skip I really don’t know how to explain
Victoria has brought the dragon back to the church because her wounds still need tending, and because the homeless dragon would be at risk in the mountains by herself. The bishop, all the higher-ups are demanding that she slay the dragon, are demeaning her for bringing such a foul beast into this sacred place, yada yada yada. Victoria rapidly shuts them up by slamming her weapon down and saying very calmly that they put this kind of power in her hands, and that unless they are willing to go out and fight their battles themselves, they are just going to have to trust her. The dragon herself tries to talk over them, but in the same tone of voice Victoria tells her that she does not need to try and talk over her as well
Eventually the dragon flies off on her own, seemingly snubbing the order and the kindly knight. Yet, the next day, the monastery where Victoria and her husband serve receives an unusual visitor, who claims to have just been passing through. Day after day this happens, to where nobody who lives there even bats an eye at the dragon landing in the courtyard anymore.

At some point, Victoria’s mount dies, and having been bonded with the magical beast for so long, she is pretty inconsolable. Not even her fiance can get through to her. Needless to say, the dragon has no idea how to react, so she just kind of, hangs around.
Victoria gets in a battle, and she is really struggling against vastly superior numbers. Out of nowhere, the dragon (okay, that’s getting really annoying- Mejai) swoops in, grabs Victoria by the collar of her armor, and tosses her on her back. Grabs a spear out of an enemy’s hand and hands (claws?) it on up, and they just…fight their way out. Together.
And from then on, Victoria rides Mejai

And it gets really weird, because the two of them end up getting really, really close… and still tries to deny that she cares when she shows up at the monastery every morning.
And one day Victoria’s fiancé pulls Mejai aside, and everyone gets kind of nervous

And he (Rordran) tells Mejai that if she ever hurts Victoria that he will give everything he has to every god he knows to make her stop existing.
Mejai replies that she would devour him before the prayers could fall from his lips…except that it would make Victoria sad
And Rordran admits that that is pretty much the only reason he hasn’t done so already

So, Victoria, confident, kind Lady Victoria, just lives trying to keep both the loves of her life in her sights so that they don’t tear each other apart, unaware of the gentleman’s (gentle-dragon’s?) agreement that neither of them want to break her heart by killing the other
Aaand…I don’t know. It’s silly and probably unplayable, but I felt I had to write it down
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyTue 19 Apr 2016 - 2:32

Couple of other ideas I had as alternatives for Odds:
Oracle- this one I might actually run. Basically, the image I had of this character was of a beautiful maiden dressed all in white riding slowly into view on the back of a majestic unicorn. She is fair, kind, and though she speaks kindly her words seem to have a calming effect on those around her.
The part I thought was funny was that I built her specifically with the Lunar mystery in mind (more specifically, the final revalation), combined with either the Hunger or Ravenous curse. This allowed me to have the strange irony of having the fair maiden and the powerful beast, when in fact the truth was actually inversed, with the unicorn (her near-constant companion) being the calming element, and with the maiden herself being the creature of (situational) fury. It also allowed for the interesting dichotomy of the maiden returning to the unicorn, the front of her dress, her hands, and especially her face covered in blood, not being absorbed into her skin fast enough to avoid staining the beautiful creature’s snowy coat.
She also happened to be true neutral- she did good things to people normally, but what she did in combat was incredibly vicious and sometimes cruel. She did not go out and do expressly whatever she felt like doing, but she didn’t really honor too many written laws or claim official citizenship, preferring to wander
This particular set was the most fleshed out, but if I remember right, I was also looking into the Ancestors and Heavens mysteries for this character

Half-orc weapons-master: I just thought this guy up today, that I may or may not play. Was partially based on Guts from Berserk, having been born and growing up in a mercenary group, living his entire life fighting. That said, his mother lived outside of this, raised him up to be intelligent as well as strong, and implanted some ideals. He lived life as a mercenary, but while he took money for fighting that was really more a matter of principle.
What this guy actually wanted was a challenge- he basically does what a monk does, only as a fighter: he seeks perfection of physical form through trials of combat. He worked with any and all weapons, and could learn new techniques and the logic behind them just by watching.
Also more of a character thing, he was very ugly, like, severely, horribly ugly, but spoke softly and wisely, and tended not to speak so much as let his actions speak for him. And what actions they were: he bested a city’s premier duelist at her own game and now stays at her house whenever he is in town because she demands that he do so so that they can fight every day. He turned down an offer from a noble house to marry their daughter because his life is very violent and he doesn’t want to leave behind a widow or a fatherless child, and yet still comes to the girl’s aid when her new fiancée abandons her to bandits. Oookay that’s enough of that
Guy was meant to be really strong, but also had reasonable stats in pretty much everything else aside from charisma. I also planned on having him use several of homebrew fighter feats to make him much more hardcore- in particular, there was one that I believe was called fighting styles, which allowed you to pick another set of fighter feats and use those as an independent style, so you got double feats. AS A FIGHTER
Oh, almost forgot: this guy also had a combination between a cloak of weaponry and a handy haversack, allowing him to store many weapons and pull out what he needed at will. Very handy
Also, I can’t believe it took me so long to realize that even if you aren’t trained in using weapons, if you are sufficiently high level you can still pick it up and use it like a master simply because you have such high battle intuition that you can just intuitively figure out how a given weapon functions

This last one is something I just thought of as a late-game entry
Technically a vampire lord, but only keeps the ‘lord’ title out of respect for tradition, as is actually a chick
Has held a stronghold in the mountains for over a century now; doesn’t cause trouble, just kind of keeps to herself. Turns out that despite her being a fucking fantastic combatant, she much prefers her hard-won times of peace, and is willing to enforce it by any means necessary.
She is also a collector, favoring art and books, but also gathering artifacts and locking them away because she thinks they are a threat to the peace that she so craves.
Lawful evil. Was granted her lands and the rights to rule her stronghold as she sees fit so long as she enforces those who pass through it. This allows neighboring countries to send problem groups such as rambunctious mercenaries her way, as she will just subjugate them into the bargain.
Her castle is meant to be huge and palatial, with all kinds of artsy designs and all sorts of treasures laid out with loving care. When you actually approach her, she is taking a bath in a grotto of mild poison and negative energy. She has no problem with you seeing her naked, as everyone is supposed to be mature enough to be past this. She then says something along the lines of ‘if this is Lysander asking me to go out hunting down artifacts again, the answer is still no’, but when it turns out you are supposed to be hunting down an elder evil that threatens the entire world, she just kind of sighs and goes ‘fiiiiine’
Not…actually sure what I want her to be. Probably fighter or something similar, but also wanting maybe mythic commander. Specializing in leadership, epic leadership, and legendary commander. Do the typical thing of getting the most followers by having everyone 6th level and above take leadership, and having all of their followers be under her command too, including cohorts (might take entourage, to get multiple effects of leadership), which given that she is supposed to subjugate entire mercenary bands

the only real issue with this particular character is that, economically speaking, it is probably undoable. even if she had the stronghold feat and had an allowance to play with, just her castle is a goddamn money sink, not to mention that it would include multiple artifacts And taking care of the people under her command. and that is Before she actually buys any equipment...

Edit: kind of what i wanted this vampire lord to look like
spoiler:

only a little bit, though..
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 21:57

Hey, it’s me again, with more trash
Remembering Rise of the Guardians, and had an idea.
Note: the name Prima will become important.

So there is this character, one Princess Abria, who is something of a ‘chosen one’- she’s strong, she’s smart, she’s charismatic, she’s heroic, and on down the line. In the course of the story, Abria discovers a mysterious plot, and hears tell of a hole in the ground where she might find some information. It is bound to be dangerous, but hey that’s life, right?
So down she goes, and she finds herself in a place much like Pitch’s lair from RotG, and on one of the high bridges, a woman dressed smartly in black is walking.
Bit of a skip, because I am terrible at actually making things fit together: princess is on the bridge, and this woman is talking to her. (this next bit of dialogue is what inspired this whole thing, and it is very closely ripped from the movie)
Abria: I don’t fear you
Woman: probably not, but you are afraid of something
Abria: that’s what you think
Woman: That’s what I know. It’s the one thing I always know: people’s worst and deepest fears. Yours is not me, is not the unknown, but the fear that all you have done has been for nothing
Abria: *freezes*
Woman continues: you are afraid that you won’t be able to learn and train quickly enough, and that there is still something that you lack, and that imperfection is going to cause you to lose someone you care about.
You’ve lost your father to plague, your mother to war, and you continue to claw your way to the top of any and every subject you lay eyes on because you still wet your bedsheets in the middle of the night at the mere idea that you might not be able to save someone else.
I wish I had something to comfort you with, but your fear is completely justified

Later:
Abria: you know nothing of me!
Woman: I know everything about  you, because I am more like you than you realize
Abria: ..what
Woman: I am fear itself, the Boogeyman that all children fear, and I have been this way for a very long time, but for good reason.
The world was not always as enlightened, or as hopeful, as it is today. When I came into being, there were no empires, no heroes, no brave knights and powerful mages to save the day- there were just people with no shortage of things to be frightened of. War, disease, famine, beasts…men…anything and everything around you and things beyond your imagination posed a threat to your very existence.
I am fear, and I taught the young races of the world to be afraid, because in fear they learned to be wary and respectful of the world around them, to take nothing for granted and to make the most out of whatever they were given.
But today, no one knows fear. In this day and age, fear is seen as something to be overcome at best and ignored at worst. I see too many young people die for pointless reasons, because they did not allow fear to run its course and teach them the lessons they needed to survive.

More stuff is said, lesson for abria to learn in order to save people for today

Woman eventually sits. Abria hesitantly follows suit.
Abria fidgets, not quite sure what to say
Abria: …um, Ms…Man?
Woman: you may call me Prima
Abria:*without thinking* As in Prima Donna
Abria: *freezes**thinks to self: of all the times to get smarmy, you choose now! Shit shit shit I’m gonna die! I’m gonna die! I’m gonna die!*
Prima: Primordial, but clever
Abria: …that makes no sense
Prima: neither do I. Fear rarely does, and rarer still does it have to

Aaanyhow, Abria kind of realizes that without anyone to learn lessons from her, Prima is kind of lonely, and also kind of cold and bitter, so she starts spending time with her.
Not quite sure you would call it courtship, but at the very least casual girlfriends. I just think it would be amusing to have the ridiculously overpowered character snuggling with her literal worst nightmare

And at some point Abria asks if Prima will ever die…
Prima: die? Not quite, but stop existing? Of course. Everything does
Abria: *starts panicking at the thought of losing someone and starts thinking of ways to prevent it*
Prima: Stop. You can’t stop the universe itself from ending, dear, and quite honestly I don’t want you to. All things end- it is the natural order of things.

This will be my greatest lesson to you: overcoming your fears is a fool’s errand, and ignoring them is a death sentence, but there are times when you can neither run from nor fight what you fear. And when that time comes, I want you to do the only thing you can do:
Accept it

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Wed 11 May 2016 - 18:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 10:41

barbarian girl- she and her brother promised each other that they would become the strongest in the world
one day, they are on the battlefield, and she sees her brother get cut down before her very eyes
she goes berserk, cutting through swaths of soldiers, cleaving off limbs and heads with ease
when she finally reaches her brother's body, she stops for a moment; quiet
the enemy thinks she has finally stopped, and prepare to counterattack, but at that moment she lets out the most thunderous, bloodcurdling roar they have ever heard- and then starts attacking again with renewed force
she doesn't stop until every enemy she can see has been torn to pieces by her and her brother's swords, utterly decimating the enemy army.
i'm thinking barbarian/fighter mix, maybe with some frenzied berserker thrown in. maybe some other prestige classes?

bear monk stats:
+16 str, +2 dex, +8 con, -8 int, +2 wis, -4 cha
Str- 11 +16= 27
Dex- 14 +2= 16
Con- 12 +8= 20
Int- 17 -8= 9
Wis- 16 +2= 18
Cha- 14 -4= 10
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2016 - 18:03

Remembering a line from Van Helsing:

~When we found you crawling up the steps of this church half-dead, it was clear to us you had been sent to do God's work~

So, I thought to myself
the friars of this church see something on the steps of the church one winter's night- the go outside to find a girl, curled up on the steps just below the door, fast asleep, with a look on her face so peaceful they thought she was an angel sent from heaven

so they bring her inside, wrap her in blankets and put her to bed, and wait for her to wake up
...well, she does wake up

but when she does, the look of peace disappears completely, and all they can see are eyes brimming with absolute hatred

and instead of helping them do God's work, she is embroiled in her own personal war, and wants nothing at all to do with them.

*Cue superpower introduction*
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 13:11

Notes for Oracle:

Heavens Dark Tapestry Old Gods
Coat of many stars -- By my name you shall call me
Dweller in darkness -- --
Interstellar void -- dimensional shift
Lure of the heavens? Wings of darkness through ancient doors
Moonlight bridge brain drain Festival of the Servants
Star chart read the tapestry eldritch knowledge
From beyond

Final revelations
Heavens- bonus to all saves equal to cha bonus. Auto stabilize when at 0 hp. Immune to fear and auto-confirm crits. If killed, reborn 3 days later as a star child, and mature over the next 7 days.
Dark tapestry- dr 5/-. Immune to acid, critical hits, and sneak attacks. Shapechange 1/day as spell-like ability.
Old gods- become an outsider (native). Immune to critical hits, poison, disease, stunning, sleep, and fear. Emanate fear in a 30ft aura. Cannot be resurrected.

Skills
Heavens- fly, know arcana, perception, survival
Dark tapestry- disguise, intimidate, know arcana, stealth
Old gods- bluff, intimidate, know arcana, use magic device

Bonus spells
Heavens- color spray, hypnotic pattern, daylight, rainbow pattern, overland flight, chain lightning, prismatic spray, sunburst, meteor swarm.
Dark tapestry- entropic shield, dust of twilight, tongues, black tentacles, feeblemind, planar binding, insanity, reverse gravity, interplanetary teleport
Old gods- bane, darkness, bestow curse, lesser planar ally, contact another plane, planar ally, destruction, summon monster viii, gate

Curses: Foretold, Haunted, Hunger, Phlegmatic
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 14:46

Just gonna go with what i've got on this one, since i just came up with her

girl (Noa) gets recruited to some sort of military science experimental soldier project. within said project, Noa (a volunteer, mind you) either had her arm replaced or was an amputee and had a replacement given to her by the group. The metal appendage's specific functions and components remain vague, but these things are known:

the limb was massive, easily reaching to Noa's knee and being several times thicker than a normal arm, possibly bigger than a bodybuilder's leg
due to it's massive size (and possibly its function) Noa's skeleton had to be reinforced via bone supplements and surgical titanium grafts
also, to counterbalance it Noa also received a spinal extension (read: mechanical tail), as well as an external reactor in order to power its functions
in early development, before a proper cooling system was perfected, the arm had a tendency to overheat, inflicting burns on Noa and forcing the scientists to put her under showers of cool/cold water to compensate. Noa initially contracted hypothermia from these necessary ablutions, but over time she adapted to them and actually preferred to still take them after the cooling system was perfected, as they helped her relax

the power source is situated on her back, but it was not necessary to put it there, and is actually kind of dangerous, but Noa does not want to sacrifice her internal organs to the project just yet, and as she is allowing the surgeries voluntarily, the scientists figure it is only a matter of time, and are content to wait.
Noa was chosen primarily because of her compatibility with whatever neural connection was necessary to make the prosthetic function, but i want to say there was also a good word put in because while the prosthetic functions perfectly, she can still operate normally without help because of the fact that the arm the prosthetic replaces was not her dominant hand

Noa keeps her her long, and preens over it like a debutante. the military personnel she works alongside don't like it, because she is technically military and it is way longer than regulation, but she points out that she is A a volunteer and B her hair is contained while on-mission and doesn't get in the way, so they really have nothing to complain about

also want to say that one of her assistants in the project had a crush on a guy they worked with, and even though Noa had a crush on him too, the girl was her friend, so she decided to play wingwoman for her instead of sabotaging their relationship for her own gain. don't know why that came to mind, but it is a thing i thought of, and it fits with Noa's fairly laid-back character, so off we go
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Æther Pool
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: