Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Æther Pool

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Æther Pool - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2016 - 13:51

okay brain, what the fuck?

I want to create a character... who uses a giant spoon as a weapon
it's not a food anime (actual adventure/action anime), it's not a joke/a comedy anime (the character is a legit badass), the spoon is not an unusually shaped spear or axe (it's legit a giant spoon)

it is seriously a person who uses a 7-foot long fucking spoon to wreck everyone's shit

...why?!
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2016 - 13:53

My Spoon Is Too Big:
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 0:11

sudden imagery- a dress made entirely out of glass
thing is, it isn’t hard to move in; not really. When I say made out of glass, I mean that it is made from tiny little slivers, links of glass painstakingly carved and welded together to give the impression of being made of cloth, even though it very obviously is not

then, imagine how long it would take to make this thing, how painstaking it would be
then imagine how much it would cost to buy this thing
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyThu 7 Jan 2016 - 23:34

Mild idea for a character:

Nova
Antimatter
Diamond skin

person essentially becomes a sought-after power source
could set up a narrative on economics
could also set up one on objectification, and questions on what defines a person, especially if the story goes the asshole way i am thinking of and the diamond skin makes it hard for the person herself to move or do much else that would allow her define as human
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyFri 8 Jan 2016 - 17:08

I want to create a character who is evil... for the greater good

in a way, i guess you could say i have already seen this, in Lelouch Vi Brittania from Code Geass, but I want something a little more... blatantly evil.
Code Geass was very much about playing with the moral grey areas surrounding war, and questioned what 'doing the right thing' and 'fighting for justice' really meant

No

I want a character who is very obviously an evil, terrible, despicable person, who does truly horrific things
but does so for the sole reason of making people better
whether in his own country, or around the world

so that even when he dies and his children are taken away, when they grow up and ask what kind of man their father was, they will be outright told two things: Their father was a monster, and their father saved the world from itself

vague, i know, but there it is
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2016 - 22:37

Straight-up stealing this guy’s name because it is kind of awesome: Craig Sword
He is currently a Senior on the Mississippi State basketball team, but his name will become something else entirely

Grandmaster Tepes

Doll Rose

Nicolette Harmon
Lucille Leutece

(I think I just need to make a topic specifically for character names, because they are just all over the fucking place at this point...)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 0:25

This one occurred to me about 30 seconds ago after reading an FML post:

based in the beginning of the UnHonorable War:
person has lowkey been an Alpha for about a week
person has biokinesis/vitakinesis
person is trying to play it cool and continue life as normal

person gets in their car to leave for work
accidentally runs over a kitten
gets out of car, goes over to kitty. kitty is still breathing
uses powers to make kitty better again

*feeling of being watched*
looks up
neighbor kids are right fucking there

beat

person hands kitten over
kids take kitty and go in the house
person continues on to work

person survived to the end of the war without a hitch
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:10

I just realized a great idea for me in a roleplay setting- be shadow me!
i have a lot of fantasies and desires in certain situations, like if somebody shoves a baby in my arms i want to toss it out a window but i know i would get in trouble
i want to make a character that would totally throw that baby out a window and down a flight of stairs
at a boring party and don't know anyone there? normal me would get a drink and find a seat by myself. Shadow me would leave
...yeah, i want to be this character now. but fantasy or modern setting?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016 - 15:13

cyborg that covers itself in tattoos, because its skin is synthetic and replaceable; using it to possess art is the only thing that makes its skin worth something to it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2016 - 15:22

Reeeally want to make a character that, for all intents and purposes, is a cleric. can heal, can get rid of poisons and diseases, buffs the party, gives moving speeches, thanks hits so the front-line fighter can do his job, etc and so on

but what the party doesn't find out until later, after his end-game plan is starting to kick in, is that he isn't a divine caster at all- he is a mage of some brand (probably an archmage) in disguise
he used spells to buff his physical capabilities, and a limited number of spells to imitate a cleric's battle castings, for most of the healing, he used hidden wands and rods with a cleric's abilities, and most of his equipment is high-quality fakes

he might end up joining the big bad, he may develop his own agenda, or he may be working with the party, just from behind the scenes, using his magic in subtle ways that they aren't likely to pick up on

Edit: Deity list for the archmage to disguise as a follower of: pholtus, deneir, solanil, Aureon, azuth, savras, tarmuid, wee jas, evening glory, shekinester, thoth
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2016 - 16:24

The Immortal

a dreaded figure on the field of battle, this mysterious man is frequently seen riding his horse on the edges of soon-to-be battlefields. If he is shot with arrows, they will have no effect on him, but he will observe from a distance and then leave. If he is not shot, he will attack and take the heads of no fewer than a dozen men before disappearing again

what he actually is is an intelligent undead skeleton who plays up this legend so that he can collect arrows for his close friend and traveling companion, a legendary archer and hunter who is rarely seen unless she wants to be

also, a note for future spellcasters i make:
Enspell field- basically, an inverse anti-magic field. spells cast within this field are made stronger, and if it comes into contact with an anti-magic field they will cancel each other out
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 13:24

latex allergy- a while back i had an idea for a character who loved latex clothing, but also had a severe latex allergy
i also had an idea for a character for a sick character who had chronokinesis and didn't know it
this isn't set in stone, but i had the idea of combining them
character was born with spina bifida- she was unable to walk, and had to go in frequently for medical treatment, which is where her allergy developed
as she grew older, she went to physical therapy and gained the ability to walk, though not very much and it was very tiring for her (and she still needed her wheelchair on occassion)
she developed an interest in latex clothing around this time as well, but when she finally saved up for one and found she was allergic to it, she was heartbroken. continued to collect latex clothing, though out of desire or denial she didn't really know
around book 3 of alphas, she developed her powers, and these negatives allowed her to take not only 2-3 levels of chronokinesis (that she never got control of) but also a rank or two of another ability that she just considered bad luck for it being so weak
not a certainty, but it's an idea
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 16:31

Stirs pool of blood and potions

I had an idea for a character today, and it is powerful, but sadly (in terms of Alpha-verse) it might be the most realistic of the characters I’ve created

This character was heavily inspired by Mockingbird from Deadman Wonderland, and he/she had exactly 2 powers- Blood manipulation and Power Consumption. By themselves, they couldn’t really do all that much (BM literally just gave him a half-strength regeneration, and didn’t do all that much else), but used together they were stupidly dangerous. When this character consumed the blood of another Alpha, they copied the power that person had. Permanently. Unless they got a hard reset by some means, but then it was just a matter of starting over from scratch.

Negatives: Both powers were just bases for the powers of others. Powers could only be copied by consuming the blood of a power user (though the amount wasn’t really too important) and the blood had to be relatively fresh. The character could only gain powers once from a given person (both in terms of gaining individual powers and in terms of ranks. Read- can only copy one power from a given person, and can only gain a limited number of ranks from them). Can only gain ranks equal to half the number of ranks of the person they are copying (this doesn’t have a minimum, so trying to copy a power from someone who only has a rank 1 power gives them a 404 error). Can only copy total ranks in powers equal to the his personal power rank (so, in headcanon currently, nothing beyond a rank 7)- the only exception in effect to this rule is regeneration (since they already have an effective rank 3 in regeneration due to BM, copying 7 ranks of regen would boost them to 10). Finally, they can only copy powers that they can replicate with their blood, meaning primarily physical powers (super strength, enhanced senses, diamond skin: fine. Gravitokinesis or time start? Hell no)

Benefits: if they can touch a body of blood (claim?) a source of blood that is not currently being used by someone else (read: it is outside a body), they can control it as their own. While they can’t copy BM specifically, they can learn ‘tricks’ with their blood manipulation by consuming the blood of another blood manipulater.

Edit: Forgot to mention another negative or two

As briefly mentioned above, while the powers they gain are 'permanent' as far as duration is concerned, this character is also unique in-so-much as there are ways for them to be 'reset', and lose all their progress and copies. When this happens, they also lose their blood tricks, and their BM and PC ranks are halved, with all the penalties that that entails

blood manipulater negs:
take power penalties of the original owner
can only gain powers up to a max number, and if she tries to go beyond she loses the pwers
trying to gain more ranks in a power she has 'maxed' results in her losing it
she does not realize the two immediately above negatives are things

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Wed 10 Feb 2016 - 0:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 0:41

God I need to come back and add some detailing to these

deaf person who doesn't like to be touched

Random name: Silatha

13, 13, 14, 18, 18, 14
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 13:47

Here's a weird one for Alphas:

Professor with intangibility
thing is, this guy teaches human anatomy, and is prone to using hands-on demonstrations for people who aren't quite getting his lectures
example: person doesn't quite get the difference between the false pelvis and the true pelvis, so he has them stand up, and puts his hand inside their abdomen and traces his finger around the true structures so they can feel the difference in their own body

Now, this guy is just a teacher, and is just trying to help his students understand the material, but I can see him getting in a lot of troubles with administration, parents, and the government as a whole because while it seems normal to him, to pretty much anyone else it is skeezy as hell
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 1:19

A few days ago I was scrolling through some posts on fuck-customers (great blog, but some of their posts make me hate people in a bad way) when I came across this post about a girl who worked in a mall fitting room and had a female customer who was really creepy and overly hand-sy (in fact, if the poor employee’s manager hadn’t been a dick, it would have passed as sexual harassment no questions asked). This problem customer finally got kicked out because instead of pulling her antics in or near the dressing room, she happened to pretty basically attempted to molest this employee in the mall proper during a special event and a long line of kids and adults happened to witness and get on the employee’s side
I should probably mention that this event occurred around Halloween, and involved the employees dressing up and handing out candy/taking pictures with kids for promotion. Employee was dressed as Snow White and had to try and hold the girl off while also maintaining her persona for the kids’ sake

This is important because, as much as the situation pissed me off, it gave me an idea
Alternate universe where the same situation, except the employee has a friend that she happened to mention the situation to. Let’s call this friend Toma
Toma is about 6 feet tall and lugs around heavy bags of stuff all day long. She also happens to be a serious fucking cosplayer.
So we get back to the scene I mentioned above- girl is assaulting Snow White, suddenly there are great booming steps, and into the scene stomps This motherfucker:

Æther Pool - Page 6 Warhammer_40k_tribute__chaos_space_marine_by_pierreloyvet-d5ayjg5

This 8-foot badass just Breaks up everything and intimidates the hell out of the girl and her friends. Mall security finally gets there shit together, and Snow White curiously takes the helmet off her rescuer
Surprise surprise, it’s Toma, all in her Warhammer finery, come to save the day.
The employee and Toma put on a scene for the kids and parents about the mighty Chaos Terminator saving Snow White from her attackers, and her accepting Chaos into her life
…yeah, the ending sounded a little better in my head, but it’s still kind of funny and the Rule of Cool still stands
Chaos Undivided!

(picture is courtesy of pierreloyvet)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 1:23

God Empress- god that is such a fucking cool title

(that'll be the last WH40K post for a while, I swear)
(unless i find something else that's cool, in which case all bets are fucking off)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 21:19

this might have been done, but an assassin or something similar whose alias is 'the janitor', and most people are actually terrified of him, because he is called in to clean up other people's messes, and he is scary good at it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 21:43

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyTue 1 Mar 2016 - 23:40

^^  This applies to the above post

Just had an idea tonight that I want to run a character, a young mage (I'll call her Kaoru) who wants to build/recover/resurrect a flying city
not a tower, not a platform, not a castle, but a flying goddamn city

Now, it was suggested to me by Best that i use either the stronghold rules or just use magic crafting to use fly on the damn thing, but that kind of defeats the purpose. You see, i intend for Kaoru to be descended from Netheril, and she wants to make this city fly the Netherese way, and that means she needs a mythallar

This brings me to the reason I’ll probably never use this character as an actual PC- not only am I talking about making an entire city fly, but due to what will be detailed in the history lesson below, Kaoru would need to be an epic-level spellcaster to even make this slightly possible

A history lesson on the Netheril Empire:

That’s all well and good, but that also means that my dear Kaoru would, as I mentioned, have to obtain the ability to cast epic-level magic (which went untouched during this age-ending catastrophe) in order to achieve her dream. It also means that, if she were able to succeed, she would probably incur the wrath of said goddess, and at the very least she would warrant a serious talking to, because come on we literally altered time and space because of this Very Thing!

Still, I just have visions of this (honestly) very young archmage walking around the desert looking for Netherese relics, or stockpiling materials in a distant mountain valley, or plumbing a mineshaft overrun with goblins
And when she goes into town nobody recognizes her for what she is, because she spends so much of her money on materials to build her city or her stockpile of magic items that she puts like nothing into clothes or special transport. She walks into town on her own two feet, wearing a shabby and tattered brown cloak, buys several days’ worth of provisions, and walks out, with no one the wiser of what the slight girl is actually capable of

I see her being highly intelligent and ambitious, but with surprising social grace, a respect for history and those around her, and a habit of hoarding things

I’m never going to get to play this character, but I’ll be damned if I don’t have fun designing her

EDIT: have some of her worked out
wizard base
archmage
dracolexi
past that, still looking

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Thu 22 Dec 2016 - 18:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 3:13

I just had a realization that’s been 6 years in the waiting

The reason sorcerers and wizards hate each other

Wizards are bitter because they have to work their asses off to be able to do anything with magic, while sorcerers simply get their magic handed to them by birth

Sorcerers are magical nobility; wizards are the working class

It’s literally fucking class conflict

Which is kind of funny, because most wizards are born from nobility, or achieve noble status, whereas sorcerers often come from more rural homes and are often considered scum

It is all so fucking back-asswards
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 4:03

But does it not make perfect sense that nobility would curse the lesser folks for having something of great value that they cannot obtain? Razz

I'd be a pretty salty richie too if I couldn't buy the ability to cast spells out of my ass with no effort, but my gardener just can because reasons.

Like, think about the whole whites vs blacks thing in ye olde segregation times. Imagine how pissed a white person would have been if a black person was born with natural indisputable superiority in a measurable quantity that can't be taken away, (say an IQ of 200, a super mansion with super guards, and diplomatic immunity) with 'god just happens to like them more' being the only explanation you're given for it.

Meanwhile whitey lives off food stamps and pretends he's superior because he's in the KKK and has 'connections', and 'friends' that have his back just because he's white like they are and works really hard to have similar things to the black man, but struggles and in the end falls short because he can't afford it and grows too old to enjoy it by the time he does get there, and so spends all his time sitting on his porch with a gun just in case he happens to see said black man because whitey no longer has anything to live for, and by this point is basically composed of nothing but spite and regret.

Meanwhile the black man lived a life catching flak from whiteys for being black, but was able to return to his super mansion and otherwise live comfortably knowing that he has more than the whiteys do, and so lives a full and meaningful life with basically no effort or struggle, except for the prejudice he has to deal with from that whitey who sits on his porch with a gun for some reason.

Well, this took a really weird turn.

But the point is still valid, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 9:04

lol, yeeeah
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 13:29

I expected more laughs than that. You disappoint me.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2016 - 13:39

Good, my work is finished here; back to the fun stuff

punk rocker guitarist
not really too invested in the war, just wants to play her goddamn guitar, but whatever, these guys got her out of a jam so she guesses they're alright
audiokinesis, seismic scream, shatter point manipulation

just got this image in my head too:
tall black girl-->
black ankle boots
black, high-waisted jeans
short, green sports tank that leaves her midriff and arms bare

saw a girl with this look in the library today, and thought it looked fantastic. Just wish i could have gone back and told her so without it being 300% awkward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Æther Pool   Æther Pool - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Æther Pool
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: