Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meical: Volume I

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Meical: Volume I - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 22:40

meical- the other vampire spent 5 years as a quote-spouting serial killer, and no police ever caught her
finally, she left them a note and vanished from the area
when she tells meical the story, the older vampire is just like, '___, did you actually have a logical way for the detectives to piece this all together?'
and she stops
thinks
'...fuck'
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 17:55

Meical: Volume I - Page 2 Hello__monster_by_XXcomicXX

Hello, monster
by XXcomicXX
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 19:55

Thank you, TS, for introducing me to this song
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 0:18

I think in my head I am trying to make Meical taller than she actually is

She is 5'10, not 8 foot even

To a girl who is 5'3, yeah, Meical is a tower. To a 6+ guy, not so much
not that it really makes a difference when she starts fighting, but brain- what the fuck?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 May 2015 - 11:16

Hmm

one of the few cases in which Meical might not be able to help her niece not live in fear is if said niece has sleep paralysis, as that is a manifestation of her niece's own mind, and there isn't much she can do but sit on the bed and wait for it to pass

Imagine how painful that would be for her, though...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 May 2015 - 12:29

More descriptors for Meical:

allusive
authoritative
ceremonial
clinical
consoling
contemplative
detached
didactic
expectant
factual
formal
forthright
humble
informative
inquisitive
instructive
learned
matter-of-fact
meditative
nostalgic
objective
obsequious
questioning
reflective
reminiscent
resigned
restrained
sentimental
serious
sincere
urgent
zealous
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 May 2015 - 13:52

Eye colors for Meical

Grey
Grey is a color that dominated a lo in our life. As they say, life is not just black and white but just different shades of grey. Similarly, people with grey eyes and born to be dominant and leaders. Strong in nature, wise and gentle are some of the most important attributes that they possess. One must know that they are very gentle. In fact, people with grey eyes are the least aggressive people of all. They put all their passion in whatever they do, be it profession or personal. They take love and romance very seriously and these are not the kind of people whom you will see fooling around. They are creative and imaginative, and flexible in their attitude – the 3 qualities that every great leader possesses. Their inner strength, analytic thinking and rationality given them an upper hand in taking a leading rose in any situation. These are great people to be around and their company will surely have a posiive effect on you as well.

Black
One of the most surprising things about the black colored pair of eyes is that true black eyes are very rare. What we see and call as black eyes are in actuality just very dark brown eyes. The dark brown or black, as we may call it for own usage is often associated with night, mystery and intuition. People with black eyes are said to be very trustworthy and responsible. They are secretive but will never let your secrets out to anyone. They sometimes mistrust people and are reluctant to start friendships and to fall in love. But when they do begin a relation, they are loyal till the very end. They are extremely hardworking and practical and will always give their best shot at whatever it is that they are doing. They are said to be spiritual, passionate and optimists. They always know how to show their worth to others.

And for her family in general
Brown
The most common eye color in the world is brown. When we say brown, we talk about light to medium brown and not very dark brown. People with brown eyes are attractive and confident. It is a strong and rich color and it is associated with earth and thus, things like simplicity, creativity and positivism are some things that you can always find in people who have such brown eyes. They are independent, polite, caring and love making new friends and they are always up for trying new things in life. They are also practical but when it comes to the people they care about, practicality tends to take a back-seat as love and care overtakes it. They are usually the happy-go-lucky people who don’t care much for earthly possessions and are close to all things nature. Even though they are self-confident and determined, sometimes, they can have a hard time trying to express themselves to people. Great lovers and mighty trust-worthy, these people are the ones who you can go to for any help and they will go out of their way to make sure you are happy and satisfied.

Hazel
Hazel is a beautiful mixture of brown and green and this eye color looks breath-takingly good. Elegant is the first word that is associated with people with hazel eyes. They are very spontaneous, fun-loving and always up for an adventure at point of time. Going with the flow and adapting easily to any situation is definitely their forte. They are brave and courageous people who encourage diversity and they tend to get bored of monotony very easily. They love to try new things. Their beauty often attracts many people to people with hazel eyes but the relationships of hazel eyed person may not last very long unless you are THE ONE for them. Mischievous and sensual in equal measure, they make for great personalities. One thing that you need to be aware of is their temper. If you can handle that, then you are in for a joy-ride.

and most importantly
Blue
We leave the best for the last always, don’t we? There is something about the blue color that is so fresh and lively that people always desire this color and are instantly attracted towards it. No prizes for guessing that blue eyes are the most desired eye color in the world. Peaceful, smart, kind and full of youth and life, blue eyed people have long-lasting relationships and are very energetic. But the most prominent feature among them is their inherent desire to make other people happy. Blue eyed people will go the extra mile just to make sure that you are happy with utmost kindness and sincerity. This one feature is very rare and that is what makes the blue-eyed person so appealing to us. They are very keen on observing things, are extroverts and always happy-go-lucky. A person with blue eyes wants a long-lasting and a full-commitment and a no-bullshit relationship. Once they have that, they will do everything under the sun to make their better-halves happy. We all want a blue-eyed person in our lives, do we not?

courtesy of listovative
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 May 2015 - 23:52

Nynke the Angel

Not sure if would literally be an angel or just a winged human, but regardless, taken in at a young age to be trained by Meical to fight

Theme song I have for her is Heroes, by Nickelback (sorry, not sorry)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 May 2015 - 10:16

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 May 2015 - 18:29

Come see this street performer
She's so pretty and flighty and graceful
Always got a smile on her face and a spring in her step whenever anyone walks up wanting a show and picture, or an autograph

She looks so happy

...except she's actually a depressed trainwreck who pulled out a real sword at one performance and tried to gut herself

Meical is the only reason she is still alive
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyFri 29 May 2015 - 22:44

Best brought up an excellent point of discussion earlier this evening:
If Meical is essentially an eldritch being of unspeakable power, why would she engage in hand-to-hand combat if she can simply snap her fingers and say x person doesn't exist anymore?

and honestly? don't have a great argument for him.
My initial response was, of course, energy conservation. If Meical might have to fight a god five minutes down the road, why would she bother unleashing a titan-killing blow on a measly human? Tim's counter was, of course, that with the amount of power Meical has, especially come later generations, it literally makes no difference, which is fair enough

If I look at it that way, most of the answers I have are pretty flimsy: because she doesn't feel like it, because physical melee combat has always been her specialty, because she is giving her nieces a chance to tell her to stop, etc.

Thing is, flimsy as they are, they are still responses used by humans, and a big part of the story is in showing how, for all her strength, Meical is still a lonely human who just wants to lead a peaceful life.

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySat 6 Jun 2015 - 23:49

One of the few times Meical displays taking pleasure in an act of violence, and against a child, no less:

Her niece is in school, and a book-to-movie series is brought up in conversation. Niece states that people should really read the books, because they were spectacular, there was a lot left out in the movies (you know the deal)

A boy looks her right in the eye and says, "The books suck and the movies will always be better"
and the niece, downright flabbergasted, says to her doting aunt, 'for the love of god, smack some sense into this fool'

To which Meical replies, 'with pleasure', and with careful force and deliberation, smacks the kid into next month
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 23:54

Trembling Oak- name of a cursed blade Meical is keeping watch over
Kind of a theme I am noticing is that Meical tends to pick up cursed items, particularly weapons, not for the purpose of mastering them herself, but for keeping them out of harm's way, keeping others from getting hurt by them, and holding onto them until proper owners can be found for them

Some items to add to her playlist:
sonic symphony rebirth of a legend
John Boberg Guardian Witch
a hero will rise
thomas adam habuda- where heroes are born
thomas-adam habuda Question of Purpose

Meical as biker chick aunt
heavy boots, dark jeans, black tank top w/ scale-like vest

lots of tattoos on her arms, series of scripts, almost like the Matrix, but going side to side as well as top to bottom
alternating between various languages, most of which don't exist in this world
her right arm is done in faded gold ink, with the occassional crimson rune. Her left is done in white ink.

Meical alwyas visits the grave sites of her family on the anniversery of their deaths, in addition to those of students and other sentimentally-important figures
statistics aside, by the time the 365th generation passes, she is having shadow clones visit at least 2 graves each and every day, and by the time she is in the 900th and beyond the odds of her visiting 3 on a given day are pretty high
mind you, with her ability to make shadow versions of herself, she could practically stand vigil at each and every one of those sites, but still, think about that...

honestly, it is probably a good thing that Meical doesn't sleep anymore, considering what she has to do on a daily basis
Thousands upon thousands of years of dark intrusive nightmares, held back only by a thin layer of semi-sanity
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 1:00

Had a long and important discussion with Best and Grave on how Meical got her powers, but it was long, complicated, and the how of it still has not been decided. I'll get to that at a later date. For now, have some notes:

Meical's father, worried both for his daughters and for his own life, tried to sell his daughters off at -one point. Note I say tried- he was one of the first people Meical actually consumed, and she doesn't actually forgive him for his actions until she is releasing the souls she consumed at the end of her vigil
*Yes she releases them all

It has been decided that, due to pre-existing connotations, while she may bear some vampiric qualities Meical is Not in fact a vampire.

The beginning and end of Meical's vigil are basically the same- When Meical began, it was standing over her sister as she lay dying from terminal disease, as her lover (a local physician) stands over her, helpless to stop the disease's progression. Shortly after her sister dies, the husband, dies of grief.
     At the end, Meical stands at her niece's bedside as the girl dies of premature old age, and her lover (an old, local physician) can do nothing to help her, and dies within hours of her passing.

names for weapons (probably swords) that Meical carries:
Dawn's Blaze
Solace of Solitude
Silence' Embrace
Edit: add Promenade Mirage (gift to a student)
Edit: add Saturnine Song
Edit: add Beautiful Dust
     A lot of the blades like this that Meical carries are magical not in the overt ways that most typical magic weapons are, but subtle and powerful alterations of destiny, like with the blades in the Fated Blades series
EDIT: add Mourning Glory

It is virtually impossible to surprise Meical, much less throw her a party. Somehow, though, one of her nieces manages it, with modern technology and a lot of help from her friends.

I am bad at timelines, but here is a rough one:
Meical is born
2 years later, her sister is born
age 6- Meical gets in her first fight to protect her sister
age 9- the first time Meical kills for her sister
age 15- Meical is seen killing knights and kings' champions
age 19- Meical cuts out her own reproductive organs
~age 26- Meical is transformed into the entity of the stories
~age 37- Meical's sister dies of terminal illness. Stop using years, begin using generations, starting with 1
Generations 1-41: the dark ages. All sorts of changes and environmental upsets and Meical becomes used to being something other than mortal and understanding her limits
Generation 100: Meical learns how to rip the veil of reality and jump between worlds to get her family to relatively safer locales.
Up to ~Generation 200: Meical mastering a vast array of abilities and honing them to a masterful edge
Generations 300-450: where likely most of the usual stories would take place; Meical is strong, but not 'I snap my fingers and the world ends' strong
~Generation 500: Meical hunts a race of veil-ripping star gods to the edge of extinction. Massive power boost
Generation 1000: Meical's vigil ends with her niece's death
+~1 month: With the affairs of a thousand generations finally put in order, Meical finally allows herself to fade from existence.

I know I am forgetting things, at least within the 750-900 range. If you have any suggestions, just drop 'em.

Meicals will settle in one place usually for a couple generations, but there are cases (oh, here it goes) like the legend of the Dragon on the Mountain, where Meical is situated in a mountain temple basically in Japan, for something like 10-15 generations. That is a fun one. I like that one. Someone remind me to do that thing

Possible names for Meical's best friend who drops in every once in a while to take her and her current generation out for a night of fun and shenanigans:
-Violette
-Amarante
-Catia
-Neveles
also, since she is born in the equivalent of Haiti, she is going to be at least half-black, since it would just be strange, otherwise

'War. Conflict. Discord. Bloodshed. My best friends that I never asked for'
~Meical

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Fri 8 Jan 2016 - 22:40; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 16:25

What kind of interaction would Meical have with the Zerg? With the Protoss?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015 - 14:00

"Wielders, makers, victims- any number of spirits can haunt a weapon. But, ever so often, a blade will grow a soul and gain sentience all its own, and grows in personality to match the one whose hand holds it"
~Meical

I knew there were going to be weapons possessing of spirits in this story, but something just hit me last night:
Meical's 'main' weapon is her axe, which she picked up as a young girl. For a very long time, this weapon was just wood and steel, reinforced by Meical's will and magic.
At a critical moment- i am thinking either when she is forced to put down Violette/Amarante/Catia/Neveles, or when she is about to leave the world of the living herself- Meical finds out that her axe gained a soul of its own, and was thankful that it was fortunate enough to have served a wielder with such dedication as her. At that time, the weapon will beg not to be left behind or sent away, for it will not likely find someone like her again. Depending on which situation I decide it will be, the scene will go like so:

If this happens when she kills her friend, she will listen, but then will ask if her faithful companion will go with her deceased friend, to protect her and keep watch over her. The axe agrees, on the condition that she promises to see it in the afterlife. Meical sadly states that she cannot make a promise if she doesn't know she can keep it
as the body disappears, the weapon whispers that while she cannot promise, it most certainly can.

If this happens when Meical herself is passing, Meical will give a small smile, and says that if her companion insists, she supposes she wouldn't mind the company, though she is uncertain of where they will go. The axe says that as long as it is with Meical, it will be content.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015 - 14:27

One of the sentient, cursed weapons Meical carries

Eld'rita's- The Firstsworn
This blade was wielded by a warrior of great honour who pledged himself to the service of a young lord. However, when the time for battle came, he was the first to be stabbed in the back as his lord had his strongest warriors killed as part of an agreement with his enemies. As such, the vengeful spirit of this blade constantly generates animosity between its wielder and their master, inevitably resulting in the death of both.
Meical claimed the blade, aware of its curse, and in the night it tried to persuade her to draw it on her niece. Instead, she plunged the blade into her own chest to keep the child safe. While there, the blade was shown, through her blood, the generations upon generations she had served, the hardships she had survived, and the possessing spirit found itself in awe... and shame. The next morning it pledged itself to the service of Meical's niece, and to future generations as well. It was not disappointed with its future service, though it did not stay with Meical until the end. While the final decision is yet to be decided, it is likely that it requested to be buried with one of Meical's nieces, or it found a new master in one of her students.

For the record, it is not a katana- it is a tachi (big sword, with a considerable curve)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015 - 14:45

Unusual emotions that I think Meical would experience with some regularity:

Monachopsis: The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.

Vellichor: The strange wistfulness of used bookshops.

Kenopsia: The eerie, forlorn atmosphere of a place that is usually bustling with people but is now abandoned and quiet.

Mauerbauertraurigkeit: The inexplicable urge to push people away, even close friends who you really like.

Kuebiko: A state of exhaustion inspired by acts of senseless violence. (SO MUCH)

Exulansis: The tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it.

Altschmerz: Weariness with the same old issues that you’ve always had – the same boring flaws and anxieties that you’ve been gnawing on for years.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2015 - 22:01

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 23:27

Possible portrait for Meical (not completely sold, but I like it):

Meical: Volume I - Page 2 Tumblr_n1l8t7w0QO1qduw1jo1_540

Meical: Volume I - Page 2 Tumblr_n1l8t7w0QO1qduw1jo2_540

Source:
narukee

Realizes I haven't actually given a proper description of Meical
...shit

eh, I'll get to that later. Tomorrow, maybe
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 20:53

New niece idea:
NOTE: this idea spawned from the Borderlands Universe, so if you haven't played the game and don't want to be spoiled, Stop Reading Now.

moving on

Like Tim Lawrence, Meical's niece had a bunch of student loans, and joined on to an up-and-coming technology company as a body double. She was under the impression that she was going to be shadowing a higher-up in the company. Instead, when the girl goes in, they knock her out and drag her off to perform cosmetic surgery on her, with Meical still in the front office.

Oh, she finds out something's up, but by the time she gets there, they are already partway through surgery. Also, her niece woke up screaming in pain and horror, and with the surgeons all dead (did you really think Meical was going to let them live), she ended up begging Meical to take up where they left off

So Meical ends up performing major (full-body) cosmetic surgery on her own niece, completely changing the way the girl looks.
The company pretty quickly goes under (Meical kills everyone involved and liquidates the company), and the girl goes on to live a pretty good life, all things considered
but Meical never forgives herself for the incident

figure this probably happened within the first hundred generations (aka the dark ages) and it adds to the storyline that

A) despite the fact that she doesn't see it, Meical's hands can in fact craft, mold, and create, and she does have a talent for artistry (whether inherent or learned)
&
B) Meical tends to only focus on the bad things that she does throughout her existence. Like, in this instance, yes, a terrible thing happened, but that is the only point Meical focuses on. Never mind that She personally rebuilt the girl's body, paid off the girl's debts, rehabilitated the child virtually on her own, and under her watchful gaze the girl went on to use the leftover assets of the company that wronged her to help the universe at large- Meical can only see her mistakes, her fuck-ups.

And that is what is difficult for the bulk of the generations
They see this wonderful protector, this loving, watchful, and endlessly supportive figure, but this individual cannot and does not allow herself to take any pride in her own accomplishments.

Edit: i kind of mentioned it, but the first half of this post is almost entirely ripped from Borderlands. Yes, I changed it, but anyone familiar with the video game is going to notice
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Jul 2015 - 18:46

I think Meical can realize that people love and care for her, which only makes it hurt worse because it’s not that she doesn’t like people, it’s that she can’t allow herself to trust anyone. She loves her nieces, and her students, but there is no one she feels she can entrust with her duties than herself.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2015 - 8:11

one of meical's nieces befriends an ogre, somehow, and decided to make it a cloak
it wore this cloak happily and proudly
well, eventually, the ogre died (before the girl, surprisingly) and Meical took the tattered remains of the cloak and gave it to the young girl
the child never saw the body. when meical came out of the cave instead of the ogre, with the cloak in her hands, that was knowledge enough

Meical 'helping' her niece search an entire meadow for a four-leaf clover
she could have picked one up within seconds, but she figured it would be better to let her niece have the exhileration of finding one on her own

Meical letting her niece practice tattooing on her
a stylized four-leaf clover in the crook of her right arm, where her niece usually falls asleep

Death is only the end if you think the story is about you
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 22:04

Meical wielding picking up a toshin because it is the first weapon at hand

for reference:

Meical: Volume I - Page 2 Katana_diagram_by_ashigaru

A toshin is a bare blade

the pic is called katana diagram, and is courtesy of ashigaru
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jul 2015 - 19:24

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meical: Volume I   Meical: Volume I - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meical: Volume I
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next