Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 1:46

Cut-Off
Sufficient Velocity- caught up at part 8
still on-going, from the looks of it

This is a really dark and emotional piece that deals with something that could have very easily happened in-canon

basically, Amy Dallon tries to kill herself, and then her family deals with the aftermath
oh, and the hospital staff, because they all should have seen this coming

honestly, i am reeeally waiting for Brandish's reaction. Why? because Carol always treated Amy like an outsider, perpetually waiting for Amy to turn out just like her father and hurt someone.
instead, Amy tries to commit suicide, and it is at least in significant portion Carol's fault
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 19:37

On Her Matriarch's Secret Service
Space Battles- caught up at part 3

basically, when taylor goes to surrender to the PRT, she gets picked up and recruited by Cauldron
not far yet, but I hope it continues
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 23:49

Things That Gods Despise
SpaceBattles- caught up at Jack's Lesson

a rather different story from canon. in this one, scion died, and eden lived. in this story, annette lived, and took taylor far away from brockton bay.
and in this story, Nilbog was not content to lie in Ellisburg.

a story about living in an apocalypse, preparing for revenge against the closest thing to a god superpowers can make out of a man, this has Taylor join a very different rendition of the Slaughterhouse Nine (in fact, it is with her induction that they actually become 9)
aside from Taylor and the ever-present Jack, they have Miss Militia (here, just Militia), Crane the Harmonious, Pendragon, Lab Rat, String Theory, Galvanate, and Black Kaze

it is interesting to note that with the exception of Jack and Militia, every last one of them was a Birdcage cape in-canon, apparently let loose in the world this go-round because their group of killers is the only one that can hope to come up with a way to kill a fucking god.
and...goddamn, the lessons she learns....
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016 - 17:02

Family Business
Space Battles- one-shot

short piece of what it might have been like if Danny had owned and operated Somer's Rock, the bar that serves as neutral ground for the supervillains of Brockton Bay. Taylor is still a kid at the time, and accidentally walks in on a meeting between Allfather and Marquis, and they are surprisingly chill about it (probably because they both have daughters of their own)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016 - 18:17

Downwards & Warped
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-1.190/page-350#post-1564090
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-40.311933/page-252#post-15576925

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Just a one-off and its sequel, but holy fucking god did thegreatpl do a good job on this.
Not sure how much I should spoil, but basically this is a universe where everything happens as normal, except Armsmaster successfully recruited Taylor her first night out, and she joined the Wards. She found out that Sophia was Shadow Stalker and tried to take it to the Director, but was bluntly told 'to deal'.

betrayed by the system yet again, and worse by the very heroes she thought would save her from her horrible civilian life, Taylor hung herself.

The Wards did not take this well, and we are dropped in after the Wards team has basically imploded and Weld has been brought in early to hopefully prop the remainder up somehow.
Just, how thegreatpl wrote the character reactions, especially in 'In The End', just...goooooood

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 2:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016 - 16:29

The Reaping
Space Battles- caught up at Danny Interlude

Taylor gets the power to kill capes with a touch, and can have any three of their powers active at a time. interesting because glastaig ultaine is still alive in this one. not quite sure what to make of it just yet. also kind of amused, because the undersiders actually do get caught by lung and oni lee this go-round, and taylor arrives just in time to save them...kind of. half of them. but, moving on

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sat 25 Feb 2017 - 21:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 22:47

Slaughterhouse- Nine Days
Space Battles- Promotion

a fic about how Jacob became Jack Slash and took over the Nine
at least, that's what it looks like
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Nov 2016 - 22:48

Cutting Ties
Space Battles- Finished at the Sophia Epilogue

Taylor gets Jack Slash's shard and is a people person, and also kind of a hobo, but not necessarily a murderhobo. at least, not yet

EDIT: Taylor is actually really good at dealing with people (parahumans, anyway) and uses this to offer services to Faultline's Crew, New Wave, and even forms a new team with Rune after negotiating with Kaiser and Purity. also, very well done attitude-adjustment of Sophia

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Mon 23 Jan 2017 - 18:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 0:59

talking about a couple of fics i'm debating about writing, and just jotting down some general notes:

rock star!taylor
basic premise is that she has been silenced, had words used against her. words have taken on power, and her voice was lost in a crush of voices
now, her voice IS power, her words compel others to listen, and all other noise is drowned out by the force of her personality
oh yeah, major personality change, and maybe some minor background stuff: taylor still started as meek and shy as she always was, but her mother was always big into music (hence the flute) and her dad used to be a big rock music groupie
after all authority figures let her down and she eventually triggers, she becomes very outspokenly angry and sarcastic, and very anti-establishment
tentative ratings: shaker 3-5, blaster 3-4, master 2, stranger 3-4
also debating whether or not i want to shake things up and say she didn't trigger in the locker, but in a suicide attempt afterwards that failed because her powers sprung into being
EDIT: forgot to add a tinker 1 rating. sorry.

blood-borne (not the game)
taylor triggers with a terrible power, one that she can't even use; it manifests as a blood-based disease that is excrutiatingly slowly and agonizingly painfully killing her
this is the kind of thing Bonesaw might have dreamed up, and if it weren't for sightings of the bio-Tinker in another state, some of the characters might have been convinced she was in town
basically, this stuff is turning her blood into acid in her veins, turning her fat stores into fire, her marrow into embers, and so on. even worse, the stuff is regenerating her as it damages her, keeping the pain fresh and ensuring she remains alive even as the pain becomes worse, and this will continue until it climaxes and will very likely liquefy her
the only 'saving grace' if you can even call it that is that the disease is not only power-based, but appears to be DNA-specific; the only other person it might possibly affect would be her father, and that is highly unlikely. if this were not the case, and the disease were contagious, it could well have killed off the entire planet, because not even Panacea could stop it
she is tentatively listed as breaker 1 with a brute 0 rating, signifying that while not any stronger than a normal human in combat, her power will forcibly keep her alive in the most painful way possible
if her disease were actually contagious, she would probably be listed as a shaker instead, with a likely rating of an 8 to start with

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sun 27 Nov 2016 - 19:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 1:13

A Corrosive Substance
Fanfiction.net- one-shot

kind of glad this one didn't go anywhere, kind of not
taylor triggers with the powers of a Birdcage cape by the name of Acidbath, and ends up killing, mutilating, and disfiguring a massive number of people by accident when she first triggers. we see the aftermath, and it is not pretty.

also, sophia dies immediately in this one, which i think is fitting. this darwin award should match her others well
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 11:30

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10304771/1/Complementary
complementary- taylor spends more time in the locker and may or may not be stronger for it

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11405694/1/Confrontation-II-the-Reckoning
Confrontation II: the reckoning- continuation of confrontation

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11649385/1/Death-is-a-vacation
death is a vacation- tyalor apparently dies a lot

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/putting-down-roots-worm.393310/
putting down roots- taylor becomes a lovecraftian tree of sorts?
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 23:12

Dire Worm
Space Battles- 4.4

A mad tinker in the vein of Doctor Doom gets thrown through a space distortion and ends up in Brockton Bay, right as the Undersiders are getting their asses kicked by Bakuda. Dire is about to make an appearance!

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Mon 5 Dec 2016 - 18:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Nov 2016 - 23:20

Journey of the Dragonfly
Space Battles- 1.3

The Cauldron infiltration group from the Golden Morning gets thrown back in time to 1999, before the first Endbringers, before the Siberian, etc.
let's see, roll call: Skitter, Bitch (w/ 2 dogs), Lung, Cuff, Golem, Imp, Canary, aaand Shadow Stalker
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 17:17

Learning to Sing
fanfiction.net- caught up at capo 1.3

different version of the world, where the Endbringers take human form between attacks, and Leviathan introduces Danny Hebert to the Simurgh (under the alias Angel) and they end up getting married. Yes, Taylor's mother is the Simurgh and yes, this means a lot of things are different. not only is Taylor even taller, paler, and more blonde, she was also a parahuman for years before the event of the locker (which was also a result of Sophia acting alone)

...don't actually know where to place this one. i mean, it's okay, and i really like the premise, but i'm not really sold on the delivery, especially with the Locker. Given how things went, i don't think that even makes sense in-story here

oh well
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 23:04

So, I had another idea for alternative power!taylor

and basically, she has almost no chance for a secret identity in this one, because when she triggers in the locker, she gets 'visible psychokinesis' that are really more physical distortions created by energy. these distortions form in spear-shapes, and arrange themselves into wings, so she essentially looks something akin to the Simurgh

and when she gets these wings, she basically levels Winslow in the bargain...

now, as far as powers go, they do act as psychokinesis- she can shield herself, increase her strength and speed, or just have the distortions do it for her
but she can also rip open space and teleport, and coalesce energy to form a wave motion gun of sorts

a bit further out there than some of my other ideas, but there it is
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyTue 29 Nov 2016 - 23:22

Fury
Sufficient Velocity- caught up at My Name 1

Holy shit i can't believe i forgot to add this one. unfortunately dead, but this fic is one where Taylor turns into a magma dragon and is generally content with life, because she thinks like a dragon, and petty mortal nonsense is beneath her.

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:01

Actually going to try my hand at writing Archangel!Taylor (see above) because I have a fairly good idea of how i want it to go, at least initially

this taylor triggers with a kind of tranquil fury, which cools into arctic apathy. in this story, she almost died in the locker, and only developing her powers saves her. that said, she looks out across Brockton Bay, at the world that is festered and corrupted, where people like Sophia Hess and Emma Barnes are defended by the schools, the law, and the heroes, and decided that perhaps humanity doesn't deserve to live.

Oh, she doesn't decide to go out and kill people, or joint the Fallen or the Slaughterhouse Nine (although i want her to have some interaction with them that is basically her telling them 'shut your mouths, i literally don't give a shit') but rather she intends to just sit atop a mountains somewhere and play with her powers, because as far as she is concerned? Nilbog, the Sleeper, the Slaughterhouse Nine, and especially the Endbringers? are humanity's just desserts for allowing themselves to fall so low

More than that, she gets the attention from everyone in Brockton Bay (she triggers publicly) and gets a visit from Alexandria who tries to convince her to join the Protectorate, and Taylor more or less tells her childhood idol the above to her face

which leads to Alexandria giving a dressing down to the local PRT, speaking directly to Sophia and Emma about how they fucked up, and how the only way it could have been worse is if Taylor had found out Sohpia was Shadow Stalker, because that may well have pushed one of the strongest parahumans Alexandria has ever seen towards villainy
(thankfully, she also manages to send Taylor towards Legend, which is good because her Thinker power tells her that her style really isn't going to work on Taylor)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Nov 2016 - 22:03

Putting down roots
Space Battles- chapter 46

Taylor triggers as a plant/fungus creature that has to put down roots quickly, and over the course of several months grows to the size of the city, and shortly after that becomes landmass in size

Putting this one on hold for now, because I actually like reading all the comments on this one, and I'm only about halfway through with other things to read and do
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 16:29

Atonement
Space Battles- threadmark 8.05

Taylor died in the Locker, and Madison Clements triggered out of guilt, and decides to try her hand at being the best hero she can be in order to make up for what she'd done

so far, Loving the way Sophia was handled, waiting for Emma to get a verbal beatdown of her own, and Coil is surprisingly competent for fanfiction
Also plays a lot more like Spider-man than standard Worm. Madison's powers are even essentially Spider-Man's: she can telekinetically pull or push things (herself included) along lines, and she has a mid-range sense for when people are in danger.

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 19:52

The Tree of Knowledge
Space Battles- chapter 2

a really short fic, but oh my Fucking God does it go in a new direction

in this fic, Taylor still gets shoved in the Locker, but is actually saved
by who?
Scion
Fucking. Scion.

apparently he latched onto her [Queen Administrator] shard and thinks that she is Eden, his mate/counterpart, so he actually listens to her, and it fucking terrifies people
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 0:54

Shadow Stalker, Advent of a Hero
fanfiction.net- chapter 9

in which taylor and her dad take Emma's place in the ABB attack, and taylor triggers to fight off the gangbangers
unlike emma, when sophia drops in and espouses her philosophy, taylor immediately calls her on her shit, and ends up changing the vigilante for the better

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sat 10 Dec 2016 - 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 8:15

One More Meeting
SpaceBattles- Oneshot

after taylor is outed as Skitter, the Barneses come to a meeting with the principal of Arcadia, and receive a verbal smackdown they never saw coming

lovely schaudenfraude
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 16:26

Way of the Open Hand
Space Battles- complete at 2.3??

i think this one is complete, but hoping it continues, because this is just funny

Great short fic about how Taylor didn't...trigger, per se but instead got lost while at summer camp and stumbled across a D&D monk who was resting between missions and received training in the monk's martial arts
then she comes back, and has to deal with the Trio
and doesn't really give a shit about them

if you know anything about monks from D&D, you can probably understand why
love how it shows sophia realizing just how nonsensical her worldview is in comparison to monk!Taylor's

this is a fantastic fic for how short it is. great read.

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Mon 16 Jan 2017 - 17:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 18:07

Heavenly Thunder
Sufficient Velocity- caught up at threadmark 2.6

where Taylor does not get a shard but instead fuses with a dying Ramiel from Neon Genesis Evangelion. this should be interesting

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Sat 24 Dec 2016 - 0:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 EmptySat 3 Dec 2016 - 18:09

Manager
Space Battles- caught up at 11.2

think i've mentioned this one before, but now i have more info:
really going to get into this one because apparently this is a Slenderman fic, which should be funny

Taylor is also a power thief, and takes Sophia out of the cape game within the first chapter

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Wed 18 Jan 2017 - 19:58; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worm - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worm
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: