Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:30

Let's Get Burgers
sufficient velocity- one-shot
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wake-up-worm-your-prompts-done-daily.17376/page-2#post-3326067

Lisa's speech about cops and robbers isn't complete bullshit, as Taylor finds out when Lisa takes her to get lunch with the Wards out of costume
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 9:34

No Good Deed...
Spacebattles- Interlude: Mouse Protector

Got into this one because of a new fic that actually follows in its footsteps, which i'll note down in a second
Basically, Sophia as Shadow Stalker goes out on an unauthorized solo patrol and ends up getting caught by the E88, tortured, and is about to be killed in an abandoned warehouse when the Heberts (Danny had been working late, Taylor came to get him and saw the execution going down) crash their car into the scene, saving SS.
Things go south very rapidly from there.
Not caught up, but this one has been abandoned for awhile. mostly reading to see where the inspiration for Unpunished came from
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 9:38

Unpunished
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter III

the one that actually got me into No Good Deed. Follows the same basic principle, but takes away details here, and adds a lot more elsewhere. Actually strained the rules on Spacebattles because it went into detail on how the gangbangers tortured Sophia, and good god it was well-written. I actually had words from that story, specific passages, floating around in my head for days afterwards (i wonder what that says about me)
Actually didn't like the third chapter as much though, as it really kind of downplays Sophia's injuries after spending so much time building up the horror of what was done to her. Sure, professional and clinical setting at that point, but it kinda bugged me.

Oh well, still looking forward to more
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 9:43

Taylor Costa-Brown
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 3

A recent story that I forgot to put up, this story is actually pretty great.
Rebecca Costa-Brown had a fling with Danny at one point, and Taylor is her daughter. This is the story of her daughter living with being the daughter of one of the most influential people in the world, and how she wants a normal life and time with her mother when all elements of her life laugh at her and tell her no.

It's actually really sweet, and the first two chapters in particular have some really cute moments of affection between mother and daughter. I never thought I'd see a RCB that I actually liked as a person- this story has proven me wrong

Right now Taylor does not have powers, but the author has said that she will be getting them in time, which is going to be all kinds of interesting due to the fact that Taylor actually doesn't trust parahumans for reasons that haven't yet been explained. Kind of hoping that Taylor is going to become a trump that either nullifies or grants powers, since either one would play to the Worm sense of irony in creating further separation between either her mother or between the PRT bodyguards (whom she feels really shitty about because of her they put their lives on the line for hers, which she doesn't feel is fair)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySun 3 Sep 2017 - 20:41

Bird
Spacebattles- 1.8

Vastly different AU. Taylor triggered from something, and ended up in an asylum undergoing therapy. Major theme is not cape battles but mental health
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyTue 5 Sep 2017 - 23:29

Maelstrom
Spacebattles- caught up at 1.7

This one is just. not. long enough.
Taylor doesn't trigger in the Locker. She triggers in the middle of the Levi fight, and becomes a living thunderstorm. This does not help matters, either for her or for Brockton Bay
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 12:24

Down, Down to Goblin Town
Spacebattles- chapter 3

Set waaay before canon, this is a story about a Jamie Rinke who does NOT stay within Ellisburg's walls. Shit is going to go down, I just know it
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 14:14

If I Were
Spacebattles- one-shot
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-33.303613/page-78#post-14662315

Just a brief little one-shot about Madison working up her nerve to ask her crush out, only for that girl to have been a member of E88 and punch her in the face, and Madison triggering over it
Sympathetic, human Madison. well done

EDIT: This is also a Browbeat!Madison story, explaining how she became that way. Even better
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 13:58

Nike
Spacebattles- caught up at 5.8

Interesting premise where Danny and Hannah are actually dating believably at the start of the story, and Taylor has a variant on Hannah's powers. What was really cool is that while a lot of it dealt with Taylor's perspective on the Protectorate and the PRT, the underlying conflict actually dealt with the Elite trying to infiltrate the Bay and disrupt Hero activities in the area

I only know this thought because the author gave notice that they were burned out on writing this fic and Worm in general and were taking an indefinite leave of absence on the subject, so this story isn't likely to continue

The one thing I will count this story down on is that it doesn't really feel like Taylor. That could be said for a lot of Wormfics- hence the acronym TINO (Taylor In Name Only) but this is one of the few that I can personally say really deserves the title, because it while plenty of stories change Taylor they at least keep some elements of her. This one doesn't really even try. The character reads like someone who was actually born into a strict military family.

Eh, it was a decent story, but it really didn't do much for me. Damn Sunk Cost Fallacy...
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySat 23 Sep 2017 - 19:43

Ghost
Fanfiction.net- caught up at chapter 2

Okay, so it's been awhile since i've done one of these, and there are a few fics that I haven't added in awhile, but this one forced me to think about adding on again
anyway, this story is about Taylor as practically ultimate Stranger- she is invisible, intangible, and utterly silent. Only problem is that she virtually can't interact with the outside world, and she can't turn the power off.
She does end up with the Undersiders, but it kind of makes sense as they are probably the only ones with a couple of team members capable of figuring out she's even there (Grue and Tattletale)
looking forward to updates on this
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySat 23 Sep 2017 - 20:17

The Straight Razor Cabaret
one-shot- Spacebattles
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/zealots-thread-full-of-snippets-stuff.567898/#post-39365506

The Nine are are a traveling circus. That does not mean that don't hurt people who interrupt their show
really disappointed that we don't get to see many of the performances
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 13:18

Rally Saturday
spacebattles- one-shot
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-42.553953/page-115#post-39406378

Just a short one about how Brockton has an avid biker community that likes to hold rallies on Saturdays. Squealer and Armsmaster are present. no powers involved, just a couple of enthusiasts in a crowd
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 19:45

Bloody Mary
Spacebattles- https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-11.276415/page-46#post-12434373

Holy shit, it's been awhile
aaand I'm probably not going to get caught up at this point
oh well
this is a version of Taylor that was blessed by Khorne. not sure it's a proper integration and have no idea where it would go, but it makes for one hell of a one-shot
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 13:06

Bubbles Always Pop
Spacebattles- https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/bubbles-always-pop-bakuda-worm.629992/

Okay, so it's been forever and a day since i updated and there are a metric ton of fics I've read, but this one in particular stuck out to me. it's a bakuda fic (or at least, i hope it becomes so), and while it is only one chapter as of today i love the effort that is put into making us understand Bakuda and who she was before she became a supervillain, back when she was just a college student

Most people hear Tattletale say that she triggered over a bad grade at Cornell and just take it at face value, or say that such a thing is silly, just like triggering because of a missed shot at a basketball game, or from schoolyard bullying

This story goes out of its way to show the reader that regardless of circumstance bad shit happens to everybody, and there is a story just like Taylor's behind every natural trigger (and even some of the artificial ones) in all of Worm, and Bakuda for all of her faults and her many crimes in canon is no exception, and given different circumstances she could have been a very different person
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 16:50

Bad Apple!!- Metal Cover by RichardEB ft Cristina Vee
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyMon 21 Jan 2019 - 19:24

Inkstains
Archive of Our Own- https://archiveofourown.org/works/17501186

well, this one made me feel like shit
still, it is a great little short for fanfic writers (and writers in general) everywhere, about how characters written in stories that are never finished just kind of languish in a purgatory of sorts, free in a way but never complete, never going anywhere, and depending on who they are and what they do they either get angry or go utterly hatstand.

Good piece; maybe there will be more in time
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 18:37

The Magical Rose- spacebattles
not the actual name, just a placeholder for an unnamed snip
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-41.420929/page-941#post-32484322

well, that was fun.
basically, Annette studied magic, and when money started getting tight for the Heberts Taylor started doing shows to help out. A harried Sarah Livsey happens to stumble into one
in summary: Zatanna!Taylor with her lovely assistant Lisa

...huh, apparently there's a second part:
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/blackmarch-and-friends-writing-corner-snippets-patreon-and-commissions.4146/page-47#post-2118162

technically works, but it doesn't jibe quite as well with me. oh well, at least Lisa didn't actually do anything sadistic, just took the head with her and left the body in the shop to find its way out.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 EmptySun 10 Mar 2019 - 23:32

Pagemaster
fanfiction.net- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12605825

only a one-shot, but implied to be going further
I'm not sure how i feel about this one. like, don't get me wrong, it's good. great power, great changes to the Brockton Bay dynamic. but Taylor A) can actually get a read on her power and where it comes from (which powers don't allow by their very existence) and her power by her calculations is going to burn out in less than a year.

other than that? it's very well-thought out, creative, useful but only if you are creative and know what you are doing. also, it's a take on The Pagemaster, the movie

oh yeah, it also does really well portraying Uber and Leet (and Lag, aka villain Clockblocker) because while a lot of fics display them as relatively harmless and misunderstood rogues who were just branded as villains (and use this to prop up those Taylors of a similar mindset) this does a great job of portraying them as the kind of exceptionally skeevy guys who think that beating up prostitutes on the street and killing a bunch of teenagers on-camera constitutes quality entertainment
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worm - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worm
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: