Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Capricorn Hunter
CaR_HoPPeR
Day of Light
Zentaku
Bestdragon3
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:06

Josh sighs looking to Gabrielle, "Hey... I forgot to ask, were they alive?... or were you not luckier then the rest of us?"
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:13

"Luckier? I wouldn't say," Gabrielle replied. "Dead, but I think it's better that way. Not like I wanted them dead, but a lot of things could've gone much worse." The conversation about her parents brought a light of spirit in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:16

Josh sighs, "That damn pit took everything from us... and left us nothing but empty futures, though it seems like you have something to look forwards to in your life Gabrielle... what would that be?"
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:22

Ariel looked up at the clear night sky as she took a puff of her cigarette. Exhaling slowly, she watched the smoke swirl around her head for a few moments before flicking some ash off. She glanced to the side at the pitiful girl slumped on the ground who was giggling to herself at who knew what. Then her eyes wandered beside her to the needle she had just used to shoot up. She grimaced.

“Raine, why do you insist on killing yourself in such a way?” she asked casually. She often asked her companion this question, and most of the time she would not receive a response, or it would be in the form of gibberish or tiny fits of laughter. She stepped toward the younger girl and nudged her leg roughly.

“Get up, we’re leaving.”
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:23

Emir changed his mind and began to go outside to check out his car, seeing if there's any problem with it, probably give it a oil change or something.

Last edited by CaR_HoPPeR on Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:32

So high.

Raine stared down at the needle that had fallen to the cold concrete and giggled with joy. The heroin was rushing through her system, like so many other drugs had done, and she was starting to experience the “feel good” effects.

Not listening to Ariel she pushed up against the wall that was behind her and got up. The alleyway smelt like garbage and wet asphalt. Her knees knocked as she managed to stand in a reasonable pose. She had a grin on her face as she wobbled her way to the mouth of the alley, drinking in the sinful air of L.A. In her current state of euphoria, she barely noticed when Ariel threw her burning cigarette at her. She turned, staring down at the bud, and then she giggled uncontrollably.

“You missed,” she pointed her finger at Ariel, drawing a circular pattern on her abdomen with a finger from her other hand.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:34

“That’s not the point, now listen to me.”

Suddenly, the loud clang of what seemed to be a garbage can could be heard. Ariel turned around, her dark eyes narrowing. She grabbed Raine’s arm and pulled her towards the wall.

“Don’t move,” she commanded in a quiet tone. The young woman made her way slowly down the alleyway, ears straining to hear even the tiniest of sounds. She heard the snapping of a twig and whirled around in time to see three burly men standing at the entrance to the alley, and eyeing Raine with evil eyes. Ariel tensed.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 22:56

Raine felt the rough texture of the brick through her over-sized sweater. She slumped down to the ground, unable to keep herself up after being shoved to the wall. She turned her head and looked at the people standing a little ways away from her. Ariel, someone, someone, someone. She zipped up her sweater further, concealing her bra.

“So, Ariel, heard there’s a party for the freaks,” Raine barely heard herself, and didn’t quite understand what she said but it seemed that her companion was too busy knocking down their unexpected company. She swore that she heard a mumbled, “maybe I shouldn’t go...”

“But it says, ‘plus one!’ Plus one’s can’t go to these things by themselves, that’s why it’s called ‘plus one!’”

Blood was splattered a few inches away from Raine. She giggled, prodding one unconscious man with the toe of her knee-high leather boots. Ariel always used the word “hooker” when commenting on those boots.

“I wanna go party.”
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 23:05

Emir came near his Aston Martin V8 Volante, and began to sit on the hood, waiting for Angela and Tyler to come back.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 23:11

Ariel wiped her hands on her ripped jeans and looked back up at Raine with dead eyes. She looked back at the ground.

"You wouldn't know any of them," she muttered. However, when she looked at the frail girl sitting on the ground she frowned to herself before mumbling, "Alright, we'll go..."

Ariel couldn't lie to herself; there was a small part of her that wanted to see everyone again. But that was the small, still normal part of herself that hadn't disappeared into the dark pit of bitter loneliness and despair. Then she was reminded of the one most important people that she had lost 10 years ago.

10 years ago? Had it really been that long? Ariel laughed darkly to herself as she looked back on the waste of a life she was living. Then she roughly grabbed Raine by the shoulder and pulled her to her feet.

"We have to get to the airport to catch the next flight to the base," she instructed Raine. As they left the dark alley she said with a wicked grin, "And don't worry about money. I'll take care of it."

Last edited by Capricorn Hunter on Tue 21 Sep 2010 - 7:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 23:31

"Bye bye!" She waved at all three men enthusiastically who looked like Death was about to knock on their doors. She tripped over limbs as she was pulled out of the alley but she didn't really mind, she could barely walk on her own.

"Aw, smile a lil' Chuckles, this is gunna be one helluva ride!"

---

The rest of their journey went by quickly, the high was wearing off and Raine had developed a quivering in her limbs.

When they finally opened the doors of the base, that Ariel had told her about, the left corner of Raine's mouth pulled up in a half-smirk.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Sep 2010 - 23:58

"Hello there Ariel. I'm happy to see you once more." Kate replied, smiling before looking at Raine,"And it is a pleasure to meet you as well Miss...?" Kate extended her hand towards Raine, smiling at Ariel's friend.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 12:43

Gabrielle made a small jump with her shoulders, and turned around to look at Ariel and her new... companion. She probably looked so stupid with her mouth slightly falling down, but she didn't care. Suddenly she recalled the events that had transpired between Ariel and she, and she suddenly felt very embarassed.

"Ariel! It's been such a long time!" She jumped from the seat. She was taller and slimmer than before. It seemed as if she would continue elongating and thinning down until she was a giant praying mantis or until she was dead, but she looked terribly anorexic.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 15:40

TK walked home from working what seemed like long hours at the factory and as soon as she got to her home, she teleported inside. She hated to use the door. TK yawned and dropped her brief case, full of nothing but tools, by the door. She looked at the grime on her baggy pants and extra large t-shit, along with the grime that kissed her arms, neck, face and hands.

Another day to scrub fingernails.

TK walked behind where her uncle Akihiro was sitting and lightly tapped his head. "Yo" was all she said in almost a whisper. TK was a little tired for she had to cover someone else's place at work today, though it mattered not. She always liked to do extra work anyway. A few lifting of pipes never hurt, although she wondered where the sudden oil spin came from that got her filthier than usual. TK remembered hearing about the invitation of the party at the base but quickly removed it from her thoughts. Her face remained as calm as ever, almost as if her mind was blank.

Anniversary eh? Today? ...Not something I'd want to celebrate.

(If I dun get back on tonight its cuz I am knocked ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. I just took medicine [vicks, vicks always knocks me out] today after comin home from a long day with these bad a-- kids, just fyi.)
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 16:01

House
"Welcome back TK." Akihiro calmly replied, snapping up another hot dog,"Angela is supposed to be coming home with her legs today, and then there's that celebration. You wanna come?"
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 16:57

Joshua stands greeting Ariel and her companion, "Hey, good to see you again Ariel. long time no see... so have things been good for you?"

Then turning to Kate, "Oh right, and you said kids would be here?... well in that case, kids tend to enjoy this simply trick." as he said that he snapped his fingers as the room began to sparkle as it seemed... though this was just a simply trick that would take almost no energy to fulfill... he just had to produce tiny ice specs to small to actually see which would refract the light in the area making the very air seem to sparkle. His face is rather melancholy as is his voice as he looks at the sparkling air saying in a rather distracted way lost in memories of a better time, "...I remember TK used to like this..."
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 18:29

Emir came back inside, hugging TK automatically.

"Hey Sis, How's your day? I presume it's horrible." Emir said, hugging her more tightly.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:21

Raine’s grin was sly as she gripped Kate’s hand and shook it.

“The name’s Raine, nice place you got here.” She eyed the woman who enthusiastically greeted her friend. She had an abashed expression on her face and Raine just snorted with laughter. She couldn’t and wouldn’t believe that the dark Ariel actually had a social life.

Suddenly she smelt it. That familiar, sweet smell that she hadn’t had a taste of in forever.

She turned to the man that had just greeted her and Ariel. She strode forward, leaned in close and reached into his pocket. She grinned, finding what she knew was there and she yanked out the lighter and joint from his pocket.

“This kid likes drugs.” With a slightly deranged smile she lit the joint and took a long drag, holding the smoke in for longer than some dared to.

“So,” she started, blowing out the smoke between her full lips, “when’s the party starting?”
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:27

Ariel frowned at the immature girl next to her, but smiled slightly as she saw Kate.

"It's great to see you Kate," she greeted sincerely. Then she turned to Josh and nodded her head in acknowledgement. Then her ears perked up as she heard a very familiar voice call out to her. She turned around and saw Gabrielle standing a few feet away from her, still looking as beautiful as ever. Ariel swallowed and her eyes softened at the sight.

She walked over to Gabrielle somewhat nervously; it had been a long time. When she was directly in front of her she said a quiet, "Hey," before studying her carefully.

"You look...great," she said. Then Ariel mentally slapped herself for using such a mediocre word. "If a little thin," she murmured, her fingertips lightly brushing the other woman's cheek.

Last edited by Capricorn Hunter on Tue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:32

"I..."

Having been a drug adict before, Gabrielle was very familiar with what Raine felt at that moment. Slowly she looked at her feet and mumbled something, then looked over to Ariel and furrowed her brows. "I have Narcan in my suitcase," she offered, but dfidn't insist much of it, instead concentrating on Ariel's face and smiling sadly.

(Narcan is an intravenously administered Naloxone drug which kills heroin abusers' high immediately. Just thought I'd clarify.)
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:49

Many snarky comments floated around in Raine’s head but she kept them to herself. Leaning toward Gabrielle and blowing smoke in her general direction, she showed all her teeth. Her eyes half lidded and dangerous looking.

“Sorry, babe, not plannin’ on being a quitter,” her words slithered out of her mouth, smooth as silk.

She then looked at Ariel, and laughed, “Playin’ it smooth, eh Chuckles? You’re doing a fantastic job!"

She laughed again, taking another drag, nonchalant.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 19:57

Ariel's dark eyes burned as her jaw clenched. She reached out and forcefully grabbed Raine's arm and dragged her away, ignoring the girl's loud protests. When they were alone Ariel glared at her.

"I don't know what kind of shit you're trying to pull, but keep it out of my business. That includes her," she warned as she gestured towards Gabrielle. She focused back on Raine.

"Understand?"
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:11

“Do I understand? Oh, yes ma’am, I understand completely!” Her words were dripping with sarcasm and Raine unzipped her sweater to fiddle with her belly button piercing.

“But you don’t seem to understand that I like messing with people so I shall do as I please, okay Mommy?” she laughed, a little unstably and walked back to the others, a little bounce in her step.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:14

Kate just watched everyone, happy that they were back together, yet disappointed at their interactions... War ruins lives... Everyone copes differently... But, that only made Kate sadder... She hoped the others would come, so that she may learn that they are okay as well...
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:17

The joint in Raine's hand put itself out suddenly and if she had tried to use the lighter it wouldn't even spark, Josh walks over to her taking back his joint and the lighter, "Well that is good to know miss, but there will be children here as well soon, and we shouldn't be setting such an example for them, besides you shouldn't tempt those who have quit. But rather respect their choice and help them out. though, if you wish to get some more use out of that high that you have currently, I could make some colors dance." he smirks as he says this and uses a very tender and gentle voice.

He looks over at Ariel, "And it is good to see you again. It has been a long time... a very long time indeed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next