Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Capricorn Hunter
CaR_HoPPeR
Day of Light
Zentaku
Bestdragon3
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:33

Gabrielle's hands, which were raised mid-way in interjection, dropped to her sides limply. "Oh, never mind," she mumbled again. She seemed to have that c'est-la-vie attitude most commonly attributed to liberal parents.

"How have you been, Ariel? Has life treated you fairly?" She cocked her head at Ariel, with a gaze that said that she knew more than people thought she knew. Then she glanced at Raine, and smiled uncomfortably. "Usually I'd try talking to you as well, but..." she trailed off.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:39

"Just stay away from her," Ariel spat. Then she roughly shoved Raine in an attempt to get her point across. She went back to Gabrielle and asked a little nervously, "Is it alright if we go somewhere else? I-I would rather stay away from Raine for now." She looked hopefully at Gabrielle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:41

Josh catches Raine when she is pushed aside by Ariel, "you okay?"

(fyi, this room is currently sparkling... and has been)
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:43

"I, ah, sure," Gabrielle said nervously. She would've tried to avoid talking aboutherself in detail, abashed by what Ariel's reaction might be. She was also afraid she'd get angry. "I see you dropped the glasses," she said offhandedly. "It look good."
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:49

He's interesting, Raine thought, a genuine smile moving her mouth.

"I am quite fine actually, quite the gentleman you are."

Raine then looked at Ariel and Gabrielle, her smile twisting slightly.

"Hey, asswipe," she tossed at Ariel a bit annoyed by her friend's hostility, "don't get your panties in a twist, you've got all night to talk."

She then turned her attention to Gabrielle, her expression becoming slightly sour, not that anyone would notice.

"Oh and by the way, just cause I've been burning doesn't mean I can't hold a proper conversation!"
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:50

Ariel ignored Raine, having heard those type of comments from her before. She focused her attention back to Gabrielle and couldn't help but crack a small smile at the compliment.

"Thank you," she said softly. She gently laid a hand on the small of Gabrielle's back and lead her to another room in the base. She would glance at her often, still taking in the sight of her. She seemed quite different, but it didn't appear to be a change for the worse. Except for her now skinnier appearance.

When they were finally alone, Ariel sat down on a chair and gazed at the other woman, thinking about what to say. She finally spoke.

"Things have been...difficult," she started slowly. "Ever since she left things haven't been the same." She glanced up. "I missed everyone. I missed you."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 20:56

Joshua smiles at Raine, "Thank you for the compliment miss, but please do show our friends some respect as well."
looking towards Gabrielle and Ariel as they walked away for a moment, forming a small ice pebble on the back of Gabriele's left shoe, though there would come no cold from it and it would not be something that would be noticed.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 21:08

"I'm not respected so I don't really give any," she smiled a bit sadly, remembering the only person who thought she was worth a damn.

"and nice pebble... I suppose it serves another purpose other than going by unnoticed?" she moved away from him, keeping that comfortable distance she always placed between herself and others.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 21:14

(technically it is ice... but yeah pebble sized Razz)
Joshua smiles, "Well I see that you are rather observant aren't you miss?" he smiles as she would hear his voice in almost a whisper just next to her ear (coming from one of the ice sparkles so Kate would not hear it) "yes it does, It will allow me to hear the conversations of theirs I am curious as to what they wish to talk about and will stop listening if anything becomes personal, would you like to hear as well?" as Raine would hear that Joshua just looks at her and smiles.

"oh and you never did say if you wanted to see those colors in the air."
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 21:22

Raine closed her eyes and smiled, "That's quite the trick you have." She opened her eyes again, focusing her green gaze on Josh. She took a small step closer, the heels of her boots clicking against the floor.

"I was never one to eavesdrop but I'll give it a go." She started to play with the many piecings poked into her body, liking the way it distracted her.

"It would be my pleasure." She looked at him from the corner of her eye.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 21:29

(Damn eavesdroppers!)

Gabrielle sighed and relaxed in her chair, dropping the fake smile. "I missed you too," she said softly. "You know, I'm sorry for having left so suddenly. I didn't mean to, but it just happened, and Christ, I really thought it was a good idea at the time." She looked down. "Lots of things happened. I abused a lot of drugs. that friend of yours, Raine--she reminds me a lot of me, that side of me none of you had the misfortune of seeing." Gabrielle seemed to pause for breath, but then couldn't think of anything else to say.

She looked over to Ariel. She had really become pretty, even prettier than she was, in a way. While Gabrielle went for shock factor Ariel was really the gorgeous one. She was envious.

"I'm still the emotional wreck I was before, and that really bites, Ariel," she said, changing the subject of the conversation. "I wish all the others were here. I wish people would learn to love and accept me, not desire me for my looks and then ditch me for who I really am." She leaned on her hand and sighed, apparently even twice as relieved for having gotten her insecurities off her chest.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 21:30

Josh smiles, "well then for the first thing." Raine would feel something in her ear it isn't cold or warm just there.. she would here whatever went on around Gabrielle with it.

Josh takes a step back and as for the lights, that will just take a minor modification he says unbuttoning his shirt and putting his hand on his chest closing his eyes... the center of his chest would have a faint light visible on the surface that is changing between colors.

Then after a moment lights would begin flowing through the room.. They are flowing through the air in many multi-colors, "A simply displacement of light, is all it takes... and using the small ice fragments I already have in the air here it is easy for this to be done." (yes it is like there are wavy lines of multi-colored-lights flowing through the air) the lights are more present and and brighter closer to Joshua.

"So do you like it?"
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 21:45

Ariel simply stared at Gabrielle, processing what she said. She abused drugs in the time they had been apart? Maybe that contributed to her unhealthy-looking appearance. It hurt to see her like that.

"Raine isn't a bad person despite the choices she makes... But I think it would be best if you stayed away from her. There is a sadistic side of her that does enjoy making people miserable, and I don't want that to happen to you," Ariel said. Her eyes swept over Gabrielle's body, taking in the sight of her figure, going down her slender neck to her chest and torso, and then down her legs before coming back up. How long had it been? A few years...

"It would be nice if everyone else showed up. I've been wanting to see TK..." she started. Then she slowly, almost hesitantly, reached out and grasped Gabrielle's hand.

"You don't seem to be an emotional wreck to me," she said honestly. "In fact, you seem warmer than you used to be." Then she added in a slightly lower tone, almost as if she was saying it to herself, "I still care about you..."
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:15

Raine stared at all the colours, dancing before her very eyes. She reached out as if to touch them but she quickly let her hands drop down to her sides. She turned and faced Josh, a mischievous grin on her lips.

"Thanks, really brightens up the world, you know?"

Her grin stopped and she stood still, after hearing what was going on with Gabrielle and Ariel. Her face was a blank mask and she was reminded of what she had vowed to do.

"Raine isn't a bad person despite the choices she makes... But I think it would be best if you stayed away from her. There is a sadistic side of her that does enjoy making people miserable, and I don't want that to happen to you,"

She chuckled darkly, a mean and cold expression forming on her face, "Ahhh, even five years isn't enough time to fill a gap."

They all think and say the same thing about me, she thought, amused.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:22

The connection would then suddenly be dropped. The ice pebble had been broken and displaced in the earth. Unknown to the girls, they weren't being eavesdropped on by those two anymore, but by someone else. Someone who had quite a few words to say, but would wait for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:25

Joshua sighs, "Well I am glad you like the colors, and as for them, it isn't like we are meant to hear this, nor should you worry. It sounds like she still cares for you."
The lights continue to dance, "Besides you are lucky to have a friend, especially one like Ariel. I'm sure that she has your back whenever it counts."
Then noticing his connection being dropped his eyes widened, "Oh shit, Mike..." he quickly steps back and floats into the air moving to the center of the room making sure that the air pressure keeping him in the air was not placing pressure on any surface of the room.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:29

Mike then, abnormally, walks through the door.

"Hey Josh, nice to see you again. How are you?" Mike asked, a beer in hand. Kate was shaking her head at his drinking, but didn't stop.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:30

Josh looks at Mike remembering being painfully crushed and killed as he winces, "I've been well Mike... how have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:33

"Same old same old." He replied, taking another drink,"What's with the trippy light show?" He asked, not really interested as he starts walking past.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:34

Raine gave a tight smile, not wanting to debate the topic now that her high had mostly lost it's touch.

She turned her attention to the man who had just entered the room. A sly smile curled her lips and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Got any more of that?" she asked sweetly, gesturing to the beer.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:35

Gabrielle looked into Ariel's eyes and tried to smile. "Is the other you still there?"
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:37

Josh floats to the side staying out of Mikes way, "Some people find it amusing... so do kids." Josh says looking at the room where Gabrielle and Ariel are in the corner of his eyes for a moment then looking back at the others.
Ariel would feel the ice in her ear dissipate.
"and he always has more of that Raine."
(Fyi Josh just tapped into any cellphone or any other device like that that Gabrielle or Ariel have on them that he could possibly listen to them through)
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:40

Ariel made a small noise in her throat, almost like a whimper. She pulled back, seeming to withdraw into herself. She felt vulnerable around Gabrielle, and now that she had been mentioned again, it only opened up old wounds that never completely healed.

"She...she's not here anymore," she whispered. "Before the fight in the Pit 10 years ago...the last time she was out and we fought that, that thing, she disappeared. She hasn't come back..." Her eyes watered slightly but she managed to keep the tears at bay. Losing her other was like losing the other half of herself. A half that she couldn't get back.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 22:46

TK hugged Emir back just as tightly, ignoring the issue of sharing her grime with him since he ignored it first. "Very interesting as always" she replied glumly, rolling her eyes once and smiled.

She replied to her uncle, "Soon as the sweetie and dad gets here and everyone is ready to go, we can all leave. I'm going to freshen up." With that, TK let go of Emir and teleported to her room, jumped in the shower and let the steamy water massage her body.

It would be nice to see Ariel...Gabby...Josh...the others...and...Alevon....

Thinking of how much she missed Alevon in a different way than how she missed her other friends made her tremble slightly in anticipation. She quickly shook her head and smiled as she showered. It didn't take TK long to get dressed, she just put on a pair of violet slacks with a regular large long-sleeved t-shirt and a pair of black sandals. TK is always wearing a black choker and black armlets whenever she wasn't working.

After looking at herself in the mirror, remembering how important her scars were to her, she smiled and teleported back to the livingroom and sat next to her uncle.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Sep 2010 - 23:24

Base
"I think it's rather irritating." Mike said, looking at the light in distaste before sinking underground, out of sight.

Home
Everyone would hear a car pulling up in front of the house, and the sound of two doors closing. In moments Tyler opened the door and walked through, smiling at everyone inside. Tyler had looked as though he hadn't aged a day, but his eyes were getting dimmer with age.

Tyler just smiled as he opened the door more and looked out. Slowly walking her way up was Angela. She had grown a lot in 10 years, and was turning out to be quite the woman. Her eyes were still like always however, as they never found a way to fix them. Her legs fit her perfectly, and gleamed in the light. They were crafted of steel, and moved slowly and precisely.

"Hello everyone." Angela thought to everyone, smiling a bit as she looked at everyone,"How do I look?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next