Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worm

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 23 Jul 2017 - 23:23

Queen
Fanfiction.net- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10327245/11/Queen

Taylor picks up the powers of Mental Out from A Certain Magical Railgun and turns Winslow, and then Brockton Bay into her own personal fiefdom, after a fashion. Lots and Lots of mindfucking, and Taylor found a way to make her own personal parahuman army. We don't get to see too many of them, but apparently she had something like 20-30 of these 'Knights'

Very sad that this one died years ago
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyFri 28 Jul 2017 - 17:25

Wolf Spider
Sufficient Velocity- caught up at Bark 2.2

Taylor meets Rachel much earlier than in canon, and helps her break up a dogfighting ring. This leads to her hanging out and taking care of Rachel's dogs with her. She actually doesn't even meet the rest of the Undersiders until a week or two later when Rachel hasn't shown up for team meetings.

I especially like this one because not only is it one of the few fics to actually ship Taylor and Rachel, but also because it does so realistically, in two ways
it progresses somewhat quickly, but naturally. the two of them bond over things and realize they like each other through shared experience. Rachel being Rachel skips a few steps and goes immediately from hanging out to proposing sex, but that's just kind of who she is.
that leads into plot point two, where Taylor likes Rachel, but is super-uncomfortable with actually accepting and admitting that because of what the bullying has done to her sense of self-esteem and self-confidence. one commentor actually compared her visceral reaction to even trying to acknowledge that she finds someone attractive leads to her having a small PTSD breakdown because she doesn't feel like she deserves it.

Not sure where it is going, but watching in ANTICIPATION!
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 10:13

The Bad Guy
Archive of Our Own- caught up at chapter 1

only one chapter so far, but a premise i've never seen before
in most fics, Missy has a crush on Dean. In this one, that may well be true (pretty sure it is), but Dean has a massive crush on Missy, and is really tired of playing the 'good guy' and holding himself back (because he's like, seventeen and obsessed with a twelve-year old)

not sure this is a good fic by any measure, it's way too early to tell, but it is something novel
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 10:29

Fortuna
Sufficient Velocity- caught up at chapter 3

This one is great. not sure if it is crack or not just yet, but it has had more than its fair share of funny moments in less than 3k words. Basically, Taylor has the ability to alter someone's luck. really fucking short range, but if someone has luck from her, everything goes their way, no matter how improbable. Problem is, the person who had their luck drained has things go the exact opposite, and no matter what they try to do things Will go poorly for them

Reeeally hoping this one continues
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 10:37

Here and There
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 1

also a new one, with kind of a weird power.
You remember watching Scooby-Doo as a kid and watching those ridiculous but hilarious chase scenes where people would run through one door and into another, and then another in a completely different location? Those chase scenes are basically Taylor's power- random, door-based teleportation.

Not going to outright watch this one yet, but it might be worth keeping an eye on. as a plus, the author has already said: no stations of canon
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 10:59

The U-Men: First Class
Sufficient Velocity- chapter 1

not exactly sure what to think of this one. I mean, it's an X-Men crossover that has the Undersiders changed to an expy of the X-Men team, but still not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. A lot still needs to be explained, but for some reason the story feels slightly...off to me. Don't know why, maybe just too many stories in rapid succession. Who knows
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 11:08

The Villain We All Deserve
Spacebattles- chapter 1

Not sure I'l follow this one, but it is an interesting enough premise that I'll jot it down
Basically, during the Leviathan fight, a new player enters the world. This individual just happens to be Nicol Bolas, the ancient dragon Planeswalker from Magic: The Gathering
Bolas is looking for a way to regain the power he lost during the Mending, and thinks that the source behind parahuman abilities might be the answer. This is...probably not good for humanity
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 11:17

Widowmaker!Taylor
sufficient velocity- see below

Not...actually a story yet. the author meant to put this one down in a discussion thread and ended up with a story thread by accident. Lots of discussion over how Taylor could be made into Widowmaker from Overwatch.
Thing is, there's a lot of good discussion over there, and I might end up using some of this stuff myself.

Not sure I'll be able to find it later sooo:
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/widowmaker-taylor-au-worm-overwatch-cross.40350/
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 11:23

The Witching Hour

Don't...honestly know what to think of this one. It's a magic!Taylor, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, but Taylor seems surprisingly adept and centered considering her recent trigger. Don't know what to make of this one, but the premise is decent, even more so considering that the author is actually building the magic system from scratch, with only inspiration from other sources
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:31

Giving In
Spacebattles- caught up at chapter 2

Just started up this past Saturday. Canon-divergence where Amelia actually gives in to the Slaughterhouse 9, and seriously fucks Taylor over.

Spoiler:

For once, Taylor actually goes full Biblical plague and puts up pretty well against the remaining Slaughterhouse, which included the Siberian, Jack Slash, Bonesaw (with her super pesticides, by the by), Amy, and Victoria- by herself no less. In fact, this is one of the few fics I've seen where Taylor actually manages to basically outperform the absolute biokinetic that is Panacea, and she literally almost kills Jack, Victoria, and Amy herself before the Siberian pulls them out and Bonesaw saves them

...wow, I spoiled a lot. whoops
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 7:38

Twitch
Spacebattles- one-shot
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/beaconhills-morning-worm-one-shot-series-worm.325982/page-81#post-27100142

Short and sweet, and very dark Taylor/Alec powerswap
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:22

Somewhere, An Angel is Crying
spacebattles- one-shot
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-34.304708/page-85#post-14761320

Scion meets the Travelers before canon, and fixes Noelle
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:09

The Girl who Speaks in Hands
Sufficient velocity- caught up at chapter 3

a rarely updating but interesting idea. Taylor was driven to suicide by the machinations of the Trio, but ended up triggering on the way down
...and then Gaster stopped it

Yeah, Gaster
From Undertale.
Who kinda-sorta melds with her and gives her an interesting outlook on life

and then she transfers over to an alternative timeline and saves herself from Lung
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 5 Aug 2017 - 8:03

The Beginning of The End

Danny follows Taylor on her first night out and gets caught by the ABB. Taylor saves him from being executed, only for him to die to a piece of shrapnel from one of Lung's explosions...as Shadow Stalker sits there and watches.
Things...go downhill from there
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySat 5 Aug 2017 - 22:53

Channel Surfer
archiveofourown- caught up at chapter 3

long dead fic, but an interesting premise. Taylor has a precognitive ability that allows her to see, and project, what other people are seeing. Coil snatches her up way early and drugs her up to make use of her abilities for himself. The last chapter ended showing Taylor in contact with Lisa and readying a plan to bring Coil down, but the story never got further than that
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 16:26

Hearts Aflutter
Spacebattles- caught up at 1.17

Crossover with Yandere Simulator. Taylor is Yandere-chan's Sempai. That is the story, for better or for worse. Gotta say, looking forward to this even if it is likely to end in blood and tears
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyTue 8 Aug 2017 - 1:02

Dollhouse
Sufficient velocity- caught up at 1.3

Taylor apparently had a rather public trigger event (though far different than canon) and is trying to subtly go Rogue. Goes to Parian for advice and maybe to team up, and ends up scaring the shit out of Emma (who doesn't know it is her because reasons)
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 13 Aug 2017 - 17:12

Capes and Cowls
spacebattles- caught up at 1.6

butterfly/crossover AU. Emma wasn't 'saved' in the alley and ended up not only losing use of her legs, but also her father. Taylor springs in to help, and the two of them have a very good relationship. Then Taylor ends up going out heroing...as a normal person. because she doesn't like how the PRT has abandoned the Bay
     And the have abandoned it. Can't spoil too much without ruining the effect, but there aren't three major gangs and a bunch of independents and teams- there's almost a Dozen villain gangs, and major Protectorate resources have been removed from the Bay, including Armsmaster

And the final note: this is a Batman crossover. and it just goes to show how bullshit Batman actually is when his traits can be comfortably spread to three different people as well as a shard power.
Can't say much more than that, other than it is incredibly well done and very realistic, considering settings and characters.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 13 Aug 2017 - 17:29

The Natural Flow of Things

Brand new story featuring Emma as protagonist. Emma fell down a flight of stairs and had a really intense fever-dream.
Mage the Awakening crossover. Gonna give it another chapter or two before I decide whether or not to stick with it for the long haul
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 13 Aug 2017 - 17:36

Queen in Metamorphosis

only one chapter so far, but a post Golden Morning fic featuring Ciara? this should be good
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:38

Hellhole
spacebattles- caught up at chapter 13

this one is a fucking ride, partly because of what it was based on
Hellhole is a crossover with a hack and slash beat-em up called Splatterhouse, which featured a reluctant but dying protagonist accepting a deal from an enchanted mask to gain strength and power to fight the forces of corruption and save his wife
in this, Taylor does much the same thing, except instead she is paying for her father trying to resurrect Annette by serving the Mask and containing the forces of Entropy. Was doing pretty well, too, until a weak-willed little bitch came in, gave herself to one of the old Royalty, and let the Corruption out of the containment zone.

Aaand then shit goes sideways.
It's been dead for...holy shit, almost exactly a year now, but I'm watching in the hopes the author comes back
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 8:55

Word
Spacebattles- finished at End

An unusual Worm fic, not only in how it was written but in the fact that it was complete.
Taylor has a believable variant of the Broadcast shard, and uses words in the way that Entities do, with so much meaning and information packed into a single word that it takes the place of an entire conversation
disjointed and hard to follow, but designed that way
not the best story i've ever read, but it is a damn good one
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 20:50

One-Sided Rival
Spacebattles- finished at Epilogue

I'm probably going to start following Discreet (author of this and Word) because not only does (s)he(?) manage to actually complete stories, but they are fucking great for how short they are. Both of these have been sub-20k, but they tell their tales and tell them well

This one specifically is a post-GM story focusing on Sophia, and how her life changes after the end of the world. Characterization and character development fucking nailed, and I actually kind of cheered for a canon!Sophia for once, though I can't say why without spoiling the end of the story

Word is kind of hard to follow, but this one is definitely going on my recommended list
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:02

Alone
sufficient velocity- one-shot, hope it gets a sequel
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wake-up-worm-your-prompts-done-daily.17376/page-12#post-3434199

Well, this is probably one of the most depressing and heartwrenching Worm stories I've read, period.
The general gist of it is that some Tinker experiment went haywire and killed all sentient life on Earth, every Earth, except Dragon, and now she has to live with being the only living thing on the planet.

it's remarkably well-written, melancholy and sad, but ends with a little bit of hope.
God, this one was good
definite gem, definite recommendation
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 17:09

Sketch
Sufficient Velocity- one-shot
https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/wake-up-worm-your-prompts-done-daily.17376/#post-3316582

Traditional Taylor, same trigger and powers, but becomes a quiet voyeur. she doesn't use her powers to enter the cape scene, she just watches the drama of life and is content in that escapism.
Short and sweet. Nowhere near as good as Alone (see above) but it's decent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worm - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worm   Worm - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worm
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imagination Dimension Realphobia :: General Discussions :: Jade's Sanctum-
Jump to: