Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:38

TK's eyebrows wrinkled slightly as she slept, for though she heard Videor's words, she couldn't help but take the blame for how he perceived her feelings. Perhaps it was because of her allowing Udo to kiss her that drew him to say such a thing, after all, Udo was the last to kiss her.

As she fell deeper into slumber, she heard children crying in the dark, and not too long ago she heard a boy scream "MOTHER!!!" over and over. Chills pranced across TK's body, her heart pounded in her chest and she took off in a dash, trying to find some sort of light, some sort of medium to the cries. After a moment of what seemed like an endless run, TK saw a ray of light straight ahead. She outstretched her hand as if to grab it. She tried to call out to let the children know she was on the way but there was no sound from her voice. In a panic, she hurried her steps till she made it to the other side of darkness. To her surmise, she was in the middle of a meadow. At her feet were countless dead bodies of children, almost as if the grass were bathed in their bloodless bodies.

TK's eyes widened in disbelief as she looked around at a familiar string of silver hair that blew past her cheek in the faint breeze. She looked towards the direction where the string had came from and saw a young boy standing up. A girl who was standing in front of him just dropped to the ground as if gravity hated her existence and tried to suck her under the earth. When the boy turned to face TK, emerald green eyes were feared with tears. Once more she heard the voice of a boy, the same boy who screamed 'mother' only said it almost inaudibly this time, and it came from the lips of the only child standing up in front of her. Though his eyes were emerald green, he resembled both her and Videor, but his hair was that of Videors.

Before long he took off in a sprint, igniting a miniature tornado from behind him as if it were running away from the child, but also giving him a boost of speed in return., knocking the bodies of the children in his way aside. TK took one step backwards and the boy tripped to the ground. "Mom, please..." He said to her, "Please help me...." He cried. He outstretched his hand to her and her stomach twisted in excruciating pain. TK fell to her knees and stretched her hand out to the boy, but before she could meet his grip, she opened her eyes.

It was as if TK were being robbed from her sleep every time she laid down. Her body was still numb and her stomach still possessed the agonizing pain. She forced herself to crawl out of bed and teleported into her old bedroom, a place she remembered by heart and reappeared in her shower. She cringed in pain but made her way to the faucet, turned the water on and held on to a rail to keep herself up. She ripped off every piece of clothing she had so that she could see her stomach.

What she witnessed frightened her but she covered her mouth with her free arm to keep from screaming at the swirl of what she recognized as the black blood. It wasn't just sitting right beneath her skin, it was all gathered to her stomach as if someone had painted it there. She was hit once more, this time knocking her to her knees, though she still held on to the rail as she continued to be hit by the stream of droplets from her shower. The blood then transformed from a standstill to a swirl. She cringed in agonizing pain, experiencing more flashes, she fought to keep her consciousness. "Mother..." She heard faintly once more, though she wasn't sure if it were a fragment of her imagination or if it was truly her child, but it couldn't have been because her baby wasn't even old enough for her to get diagnosed to see if it were a boy or girl. Either way, she was afraid of what was going on with her stomach and she had a feeling her baby was in danger of it.

TK had a choice of stabbing her stomach, but she would also end up hurting her baby, so instead, she concentrated on the blood itself. For the first time it was as if it had a mind of its own. The more she tried to think of it spreading throughout her body, it fought to stay in her stomach. After struggling for a moment, the blood spread out faintly before it vanished from the surface of her skin, leaving her stomach feel heavier although the pain subsided. TK's heart began to pound in her chest but she refused to lose her composure. She only sat on the floor of the shower as the water continued to beat on her body. She knew she couldn't stay in the shower long, for they had to get on WADE, but she just needed a little more time to recuperate. "What the hell was that?" She whispered to herself, still shaken up about the events.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:43

"Ah, that," Gabrielle said, acknowledging. "I'm sorry I'm late to the gathering, I had some of my own problems to deal with back in France." She nodded, turning her head to Katja. Both the name and the looks were borderline German. Well, maybe. She looked so unusual, so... striking. So pretty. She made an unconscious, and not very evidential, link between her and Udo. Who, for some reason, was not there.

"Gabrielle Goussand. Pleasure to meet you." The young woman leaned on her elbows and looked at her guards with a blank expression. They had been well-trained, alright.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:52

"Gabrielle -- Goussand?" She repeated, with a grin. "J'ai passé quelque temps en France"
She went a few shades of red, she was by no means fluent, but she'd travel all over Europe a bit, especially in recent years. Still it wasn't the familiarity of another European but rather her first name. There were already stark differences between this one and her own Gabrielle, but still it made her homesick.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 14:58

Gabrielle chuckled. This girl's French was not bad at all.

"Je crois que je connais un autre de ton pays1," she said. Really, she had no idea how to speak in Katja's familiar language so she went with the flow of the conversation. She had guessed Katja was German, and she could've been wrong, but she wanted to trust her intuition with this one. "I have no idea where he might have gone, though."

(1. I believe I know somebody else from your country.)
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:04

Did she just say she knew my country?, she thought to herself only catching the gist of what she'd said.
"Well, I'm from Frankfurt, -- was from Frankfurt." Katja's tone was more depressed than meloncholy, but it was obvious there was a lot of pain in those memories.
"He?" she repeated. "You know someone, from my country?
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:09

The mention of Frankfurt confirmed Gabrielle's assumptions, and she sighed at not having to backtrack through what she had said.

"Yes, that's what I said," Gabrielle replied almost apologetically. "He was in another base in Michigan and basically dragged along nonstop by TK until I don't really know what." She rubbed her temples. "Such a strange alpha--had a petrified leg. He managed to get it healed, though."
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:15

Katja's eyes widened before she stood up in almost a jump. Her heart felt like it might jump out of her chest, and was beating so hard it was painful.
"What was his name?" She asked with a look of panic on her face. "What was his name!?"

She was already knew what the answer was going to be; but for now it hadn't hit home. What would he have been doing in Michigan? Why was he here? It had been five years since she left, and the last she saw heard, he was living a fast paced life with a promissing career. She saw the news reports, when his sponsers and team all revealed the man's disappearance... He waited for Gabrielle's reply; Did he really come here?
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:18

Gabrielle was surprised and twitched in her chair a bit. With a sinister calmness, she looked up at Katja and realized she probably shouldn't have spoken so early. Even the guards looked uncomfortable, but they didn't move or break a sweat. It was evident they would not allow their leader's niece to get into any sort of a fight.

"Udo Weber." She paused, waiting to see if there was going to be trouble.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:24

Emir looked at the situation with a grin, leaning on the wall while Nicole played with his revolver.

"So dramatic, so what about Udo? The German pimp for a cane for a leg?"
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:26

Katja stumbled back, tripping over what he'd been sitting on. She quickly pulled herself to an upright postition on the ground as she started breaking into a mixture of sobs and laughter, combination of the recent detail and embarrasment.

"He was here?" She said with a teary chuckle, wiping her eyes. She pulled her knees to her chest. "How long ago? Do you know where he is?"

It wasn't as if she thought things could magically go back to the way things were, but it had been five years; and to be frank she missed him dearly. It may have been her who had delivered the final blow to their relashonship, but it didn't mean she hadn't felt the pain as well; she didn't really have a choice after all. Her tongue began prodding her fangs again, a reminder of why she was here and not back home with...

But Emir's comment brought her back.
"You know what. Nevermind." She added, steeling herself as she looked away. "Where ever he is, he can stay there."
Her words rang cold, a clear contrast to her early manner.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:28

"Oooooooookkk Thhheeeennn." Emir replied sarcastically. "So. Gab. Where have you been?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:31

Videor watched the situation unfold as he just stayed quiet... It wasn't that Videor didn't care about where Udo was now, he just knew that wherever he was he was alright. After all, TK wouldn't have let Udo get hurt... Videor sighed at this thought but put a smile back on his face,"She really is a wonderful woman... So caring of everyone... I truly am a lucky man." Videor thought to himself as he grabbed a glass of water and looked at the other Guards,"So Gabrielle, these are your friends I take it?"
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:34

"I'm certain TK knows better about his whereabouts and his projects than I do," Gabrielle said with an even more detached tone, as if in competition with Katja to see who could be the most disdainful.

"I don't know what your relationship with him is, but it doesn't matter." She smirked, standing up and slowly walking towards the other girl. "We're all family here; I hope you can become family with us as well."

Gabrielle dropped her gesture of suffering affection to turn to Emir and turn her smile into a frown. "I talked to my uncle. He managed to destroy a pathogen in my blood, and now I'm back to normal before it could even matter." She pointed to the four men, who bowed their heads in turn. "And he told me I could bring these people along to the Masterminds' base as well." She looked at Videor and nodded with a rather glazed-over look in her eyes.

"You could say that."
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:34

"More like Mercenaries." Emir replied, started to give a cold and menacing stare at one of them.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:38

"They're family," she said rigidly and with certain emphasis, noticing Emir's hostile reaction. "One of them saved my life."

The man in question lost his smirk and mirrored Gabrielle's frown.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:42

"Mercenaries huh? Well, I guess you guys could use all the help you can get." Videor replied as he smiled towards the Guards before eying Gabrielle and thinking to her,"Can we trust them?"

Before it could be answered however you could all hear heavy footsteps as Ken entered the room, smiling at everyone,"Hello everyone, I'm glad you all could make it. However in about 30 minutes we'll be meeting in the Training Room so I can discuss how the plan will be laid out. Is that alright with everyone?"
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:44

Emir shrugged and began to snatch his revolver back from Nicole and holstered it into his jacket.

"HEY!" Nicole said, snatching it back. "I'm still looking at it!"

"For the sanity of my patience, I WILL FREAKIN SMITE YOU." Emir exclaimed, putting his hand onto his forehead.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:45

Katja nodded. If nothing else, Gabrielle was right in the fact that these people would make a good distraction from her past. She had managed this long without anybody, couldn't imagine a future any different, and had forgotten her past had been different once.

Now, all she wanted to do was get to work. Do what she promised to, so she'd get what was promised her. She stood from the ground, dusting herself off, before walking out of the training room into the rest of the complex. She of course, didn't know her way around, but wanted to take a walk and clear her head nonetheless. She made mental note of Kenneth's announcement but barely acknowledged him as she passed.

Last edited by inMadness on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:14; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:47

Alevon nods at Ken
"It's alright with me."
He stretches a little

"Also, I still need to tell everyone some important things regarding our mission."
He twists his body, stretching the other way

"Raine and Emir know, but the rest of you don't, after all"
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:51

Absolutely, Videor.

My uncle's division is tightly knit. He also has them under control with a rather immoral weapon, but at this point it's a gray over black morality that's taking control. They'd never betray me.

A fleeting thought of the second black dragon in the sky passed through her mind.

We're not so different.

She sighed, closed her eyes, and gratefully relished the lack of background pain from the brutal pathogen. "They're not mercenaries."

Gabrielle looked at Kenneth and nodded. He was no Mike, but she respected everybody from the base with undying gratitude. "It's perfect." She had not acknowledged Alevon, but she was listening. A couple of seconds later, she nodded lightly.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:03

Kenneth nodded as he left to reorganize some things. As well as take a quick stop or two at a bathroom...

"Alright. If you trust in them, then I do as well." Videor broke eye contact with Gabrielle as he took a long drink from his glass of water before putting the glass in the sink,"Anyway, I'll be in Tsinanae's room. I'll be sure she's awake and ready by then. If you need me you know how to call." Videor waved as he started to walk off.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:15

TK turned the knobs, shutting the water off and she proceeded to dry herself off. With a whip of her hair, it immediately dried. "This never gets old" She remarked, looking at her naked body in the mirror after her hair flowed back onto her neck.

She raised her eyebrow at her stomach, for her abs were gone but for a good reason at least, after all, it won't be long before her stomach becomes larger. TK decided to only slip on a pair of panties and baggy black pants along with a large long sleeved black shirt, again, the left sleeve slightly hanging off of her shoulder. She grabbed for her sensu and began making her way to the door. Last thing she needed was anyone to be waiting on her again.

TK made her way back to the training room and she whistled for only 3 seconds. "Memories..." She remarked, almost as if she had an imaginary friend. TK crossed her arms and took in all the weapons that she was introduced to 10 years ago.

Last edited by Nurellia on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:31

Katja couldn't exactly say she'd gotten lost; She could still hear echoes of conversation in the distance, but she certainly wasn't finding her way back the way she came, so backtracking aside, she pressed forward.

Her mind was still clouded over what Gabrielle had told her; she was more curious than anything. It was a strange coincidence after all, that the moment she found herself back in the United States, she was whisked away by something much larger than she had originally thought, and somehow Udo was involved. She didn't believe in chance, and though her faith had been challenged time and time again, she still believed God had some sort of plan for her.

She took a deep breath, and slowly the memories began to receed back into the darkest hollows of her mind; Now where was that blasted door?
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:38

As Videor made his way back to the room he thought about what to tell TK when she woke up. No matter what he thought of however none of it seemed good enough... He just sighed in frustration as he opened the door and saw that TK was no longer there. If she woke up she either went to the kitchen, the training room, or... Somewhere else... Videor came from the kitchen though so he started to walk to the training room in hopes that he saw TK when he got there. Otherwise he didn't want to think of where she'd gone without telling him... After all, no one but TK knew where Udo was...
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:44

TK whipped her sensu out and stared at it for a moment. She then bit her bottom lip and took the paper off, threw it in the air and immediately, from one step of her foot she summoned strong gusts of wind that she kept up as she danced. As she did this, she began mending her sensu into her ringblade, every blade of wind was put to use to help form her beloved weapon, missing the high pitch screech it sang. With one last turn, the winds subsided and every piece of paper/gampi that floated down, she caught them and aligned them inside of her ringblade.

With that, TK smirked in satisfaction and she stroked the smooth side of her blade. She was aware that she was not alone in the room but she pretended as if no one was there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next