Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:49

Videor made it back to the training room as a smile instantly crossed his face to see TK there,"Hello Tsinanae. Did you have a good rest?"
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

Random : I know what they say and say what they know.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:53

TK tilted her head in his direction, but she dared not make eye contact. "No I did not" She replied.

She remembered what Emir told her when she first passed out, and smiled to herself, though only for a second. "How are you feeling?" She asked, ignoring her own problem. "And don't worry, Udo will not ever be back, just letting you know."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:04

Videor frowned a little as he said,"I'm sorry you couldn't rest well..." Then came the comment asking about him... So many things rushed through his mind at one time at a question that was so simple and yet loaded with so much information...

"Well... To be honest I'm not that great... I don't want you to leave Tsinanae, but I know nothing I can say will make you change your mind... I love you so much Tsinanae and I don't want you or our child to die up there! I'm just... Really scared right now..." Videor said this rather slowly, and his eyes were slightly watering at even thinking about losing TK.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:10

TK still didn't meet his eyes as she stared at her weapon. "How the hell do you think I feel about the reckless things that you do?" Her voice was unnaturally calm as she said this. Inside she was torn apart but she refused to let it show. "I love you too..." She finally stated, but was it really good enough? Could anyone believe that she was capable of that? It isn't like she didn't have her mother's genes, there is no telling what everyone felt about her even though in their mind it is something else.

"Did Katja get something to eat?" She asked nonchalantly.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:19

Videor nodded, but realizing she wasn't looking said,"Yes, she got a meal."

He then paused a moment before saying,"And I know... I shouldn't have done what I did, no matter how much I missed you... But that means that you know how I feel when I see you do things like this, especially now that you're pregnant! I know you have to do this, I just want you to be more careful..." When she said she loved him, it made him feel slightly better, but even now he felt as if she was just saying that because he did... He'll just have to wait until after the war is over. Then he'll see if she truly wants to be with him, or if he was just another pit stop in TK's adventurous lifestyle...
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:24

TK stood straight and held the ringblade directly in front of her. She then turned to face Videor saying, "Don't forget that if you play with fire you get burned" With that she smirked, for that went in many directions for TK. "Well now..." She began, "I was about to feed Katja but since she's already eaten, she should be good to go until the ride. Speaking of which, where is everyone?"

TK wanted to talk about her dream but she figured it wasn't important, though what bugged her was the fact that her baby could had very well have called out to her. And more importantly, why did he look so old for just being so young in her stomach, and his eyes were that of her mother's, that powerful emerald green. Was it all just an illusion?
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:38

Videor smiled at TK's deflection, but was perfectly fine with it,"Most of them are still in the kitchen, but some of the others are still in here waiting." Every second felt painful, because it meant that it was getting closer to TK leaving...
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:45

TK groaned in agitation, "What the hell is this meeting about exactly? Is it some sort of grand master plan to defeat the Masterminds? Is this new chick some sort of key? So what, next thing will be my mother bringing cookies and ice-cream? The more people who join us will be more to leave!" She snapped. She wasn't upset with Videor, she was upset with herself. TK wanted answers and she felt like the more she received, the more she felt lost, but more importantly, she felt as if she were going to be casted away when the war is over.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:57

"I'm not sure... But we'll know once Ken gets back down here." Videor replied before putting a hand on her shoulder and saying," The group will disband once the war is over... But you still got so many friends over the years, and they will still be your friends. Besides, who says you can't visit them? You can teleport after all. After this is over, we can start a new life without this war... Okay? Everything is going to be alright."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:03

It was if the events from 10 years ago were happening again. TK flinched when she felt Videor's touch. She couldn't help but lose herself in his gaze, and she had nothing else to say though she tried. No tears, no pain, she felt nothing but ecstasy as if he were a drug. It took every ounce of energy to keep her from making out with him right then, so instead she squeezed her grip on the ringblade to remind her that now wasn't a good time.

TK shook her head and sighed, biting her lip hard enough to pierce the edge slightly. She needed to get her nerves back under control in order to say, "If you're going to rest on the way...then you can come with us, to fight...I don't want you to, but I don't know what might happen if you weren't in my sight. Who knows what the Masterminds are truly up to. Who know if they know that I'll force you to stay here only to make me watch you suffer...you're not as strong right now, and you're in perfect shape to be ambushed..." The very thought of anything happening to Videor sent rage through her eyes, igniting a killer instinct she was sure to have gotten from her dear mother.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:27

Videor put his arms around her shoulders as he said,"Hey hey, it's alright... I'll be right there beside you... I will protect you, but I'm not going to get myself injured in the process." Videor smiled as he said,"After all, if that happened then I have you to deal with."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:30

Leave it to Videor to find a way pass TK's ringblade in order to hold her as he did. She tried to glare at him but failed, "Damn right, cuz if something happened to you I'd kill you" She replied, making sure he knew how serious she was about him doing something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:33

"Of course Tsinanae. I'd expect nothing less from the woman I love..." Videor replied with a slight chuckle as he held her tighter.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 2:35

"[You haven't said anything this entire drive.]" Ralf said, eyes glued to the highway.
"[Are you sure you're alright, boy?]"

"Yes, [I'm fine.]-- just fine." Udo responsed unphased, looking at the passing countryside through the window, as he gently rubbed his right leg. He'd have to make it a point to check-in to physical therapy; he'd never be able to race with his leg like this, assuming he still had a future to look forward to.

"[I see you got the leg fixed.]" Ralf said after a pause; he was tired of all the silence, and was willing to talk to himself if it came to that.
"[For now.]" Udo mumbled. "[But it'll be well enough to go back to being ordinary.]"
"[You've never been ordinary, boy]" Ralf said with a laugh.
"[Well, I for one, have had enough magic tricks for one lifetime. I don't think I'll be turning myself to stone again.]" He replied sharply. Before turning his head towards Ralf.
"[You know, at best, I thought I might go over there to find some hole to die in; just slip away in a drug fueled coma and rot, but instead, I just relived shit that happened eight years ago.]"

"[Udo, What happened then, it saved your life; sickle cell is...]"
"[Yeah, well it took theirs; Damien, Sean, Gabbi -- Katja, they all died because of me and I was this close to ruining more lives over some self-centered desire to destroy myself.]"

"[Sounds more to me like you left unfinished buisness back there. How did you end up in Freiburg again?]" Ralf said, with cutting words.
"[Don't start in on a lecture; I know what I'm doing.]"
"[Do you?]"
"[Stop treating me like some child!]"
"[Then stop acting like one; there are only two things I've ever seen to make you mope like this: the crash in Monocco, and the day Katja left.]"
"[Just what are you getting at?]" Udo said, staring daggers into the man; he'd had enough. Udo glanced out the window; three miles outside Heidelberg. Close but not close enough.

"[Well, you certainly haven't been qaulifying for the Grand Prix, so I can only assume this sullen mood of yours is over a woman.]"
"[Enough.]" Udo said, trying his best to keep his cool.
"[Why are you here, son?]
"[Stop...]"
"[The Udo I knew, was no quitter, and he certainly didn't let anything stand in his way...]"
"[Alright already! I love her! Is that what you want to hear!?]" Udo was shouting as the pent-up hostility spilled out. "[And every ounce of my being is screaming she felt the same way. Because of me, someone else had to go through the same feelings of uncertainty; the same pain of loss. It's torture; every ounce of agony I felt for loving Katja, I now feel in her. I should've seen this coming.]"

"[There you go acting like a spoiled brat again.]" Ralf said.
"[Whatever, man]"
"[I'm serious; you said the girl loves you, so what are you doing here?]"
Udo looked like he was going to say something, but he didn't get the chance; the old man was too fast.
"[I'll tell you what you're doing, you're running away; Again. And I would say, that either way you slice it, there's one person out there that's still in pain, because of you, and I bet it just so happens to be the one you seem to care so much for.]"

Udo didn't have anything to say. He just looked at Ralf like he wanted to put a fist into his jaw, but the old prick managed to peel away the layers of denial; he was probably right but that was the point, wasn't it. Udo's mettling had set this emotional rockslide in motion, and he was counting on time undoing the damage.

Ralf kept his eyes on the road and his aged expression stoney and blank as Udo looked away and released a sigh. The final fifty miles to Frankfurt, Udo tried his best not to think about Tsinanae; thanks to Ralf, it was harder than he thought it would be.

"Hell-oh!" Katja called out, letting the sound echo back as she continued wandering around the base.
Where was she now? She was certain it had to have been a dormatory of some sort; there were multiple rooms with beds along either side of the hall. Judging from the turns from one corridor to another, Katja assumed she had almost made a circle, and had to have been headed back towards the training room. The longer the hall stretched the less certain she was.

Last edited by inMadness on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 13:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 10:42

As Katja walked she was met by a man instantly appearing in front of her. He had dirty brown hair, his clothes were coked with mud and earth, and he looked really pissed...

"Hey, you the new chick that's stomping around these hallways?" Mike replied, his eye twitching in pain as he grit his teeth.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 13:44

Katja stopped walking and just looked at the man for a minute; at first taken back by his rough and overall pissed-off demeanour, it was a certain intuition, even further fueled by the line of thought she had visited several twists and turns ago, that gave him away.

"I suppose I am." She replied confidently, growing more accustomed to controling her emotions on her own again; sometimes it was difficult to get a grip on herself just after a feeding. She often built a dependancy to the chemical control on her inhibitions when her body was starving, so once the implants stopped fueling her mind, her own brain chemistry had to get a jumpstart; Gabrielle provided the perfect emotional spark to get her mind moving this time.

"This place you've made; it's incredible... I guess I've always had a softspot for geokinesis as an artform, and this certainly qualifies."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:38

"Yeah yeah, thanks. Will you just go to the training room already? Here." The earth cracked and split lightly in the ground down the hallway,"Follow the crack. I'll fix it when you get to the training room." The man rubbed his temples as he talked however, not seeming to care further then to get her to go away.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:47

Katja covered her mouth as she released a slight chuckle in response to the manner of the man's assistance before following the crack along the ground with her eyes. She assumed, what looked like a headache, was probably the direct cause to his annoyance anyways.

"Thanks." She added through a laugh waving him off, before walking along the crack, eventually returning to the training room; the Earth elemental's attitude lingered as endearing to Katja, she liked him already. There was a plus, these Elementals, they were alright.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 15:55

TK's ear flinched as she heard someone approach and she teleported away from Videor. Her ringblade was still firmly gripped in her hand, posing as if she were about to kill the visitor. Once she realized it was Katja, she relaxed and sighed. "Oh its only you..." She commented, but it was only for her own reassurance.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:05

It was by no mistake, that Katja's hand moved to her bag as quickly as TK had issued the threat, but she lowered her gaurd as soon as TK lowered her weapon.
"Yeah, only me." She said calmly.
"Are you feeling any better?" She added. The question rang almost rhetorically, as it was clear TK hadn't recooperated much of her strength.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:09

TK nodded once, "Yes, thank you for asking. What about yourself? I understand you're new here, I only hope none of us has made you uneasy." Though TK wanted to be more acquainted with the girl, she couldn't help but think about Udo in that regard, so she'd keep her distance, as much as she was able to.

She's good with defense, almost automatic, and she was able to keep up with my speed. Talented...
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:32

Katja grinned.
"No more than normal, I suppose, but it's fine now." Katja paused for a moment as she caught a sutble scent; and instantly that lingering remniscent familiarity finally fell into place.

"Has anyone evertold you, that you smell like the forest? It reminds me of the Black Forest, back home."
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:36

TK froze in place, her heart raced in her chest as she registered what the girl just said. "Y-yes..." TK replied, "Someone...well he...." She fell to her knees, the ringblade fell to the ground and the sound of osmium echoed in the training room for only a brief moment. She looked at the ground, fighting the tears stinging in her eyes.

Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:43

"Hey." Katja said, looking around with a sort of guilty expression on her face before kneeling in front of TK
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." She said offering a kind smile, before putting any thought to what she'd said.
Back to top Go down
Nurellia
Nurellia

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:46

TK shook her head and stood to her feet. She eyed the girl, but this time, it was if TK was making sure she was seeing the right person. After what seemed like forever, she finally responded, "No, you're fine. I was just thinking about someone is all." She managed to smile faintly, and began dusting her pants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next