Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The UnHonorable War

Go down 
+6
JadeDemilich
Day of Light
Bestdragon3
Shadow Fox
NeoDrac54
The Wanderer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

The UnHonorable War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 17:42

[November 18th, 2024 | 7:56 AM | Cloudy w/ Light Mist 47F°/8C°]

The man took the euro and, without paying it any mind, deposited it into the cash register. Didn't even care enough to see if it was the right amount. He watched everyone perfectly fine, but could be seen looking at his fingers for a few seconds before looking back at everyone else. What an uneventful day.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 17:50

Aaron glared at the woman who stood between him and his friend. Her comment pissed him off slightly. He looked down at his shadow and it twitched its head slightly as if to say no. He listened to his sister and calmed down.

However the moment he did, a man started walking up talking to the three of them talking about the convention. In his cooling state he nodded his masked head and spoke in mock cheerfulness. "Of course! Are you excited Jeanne?" He finished saying as another person showed up in a taxi.

This guy was full of enthusiasm for the convention and gave the boy a good out. "Hey Jeanne it's getting a little crowded here you wanna go somewhere else and catch up? You can come of course," He said gesturing under the cloak at Leena. "Since you two seem to be close I'd like to get to know you too. He said with a mix of happiness and curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 18:17

Rob bought a taquito on his way out of the gas station approaching the others outside and holding back a grimace as he swallowed the first bite at the knowledge of how terrible what he was eating actually was, it still tasted good. "Hey, so everyone is headed for the convention too?" a tiny rodent scurrying out of his shirt pocket onto his shoulder. he held the taquito up next to it for the creature to nibble on.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 19:36

The situation was becoming more and more crowded as the cloaked man returned, followed by a very excitable man who was gushing over the costumes, and finally a much larger man who approached them after exiting the gas station. Still, the entire thing was by far more pleasant than a fight. How Garrett had put up with situations like this on a nightly basis, she would never know. Leena just smiled and spoke with each one in turn.
To the cloaked man, “I do believe we’ve gotten past our momentary differences, yes”
To the excitable man, “Oh, thank you. It was a pain getting it commissioned, but the end result was well worth the effort I think. And don’t worry- conventions like this usually have vendors for this sort of thing, so it shouldn’t be hard to get a costume once you get there. And yes, we’re from out of town. A few of us came from as far away as New York, but I can’t speak for everyone.”
To the man with the tacquito…and rat… she gave a simple, “yes, I believe we are.”
She noticed Aaron give a momentary glare at her, but she lived with two younger sisters- she’d had worse. It was mildly surprising when he invited her along, and she was tempted to say no simply to give them some time to catch up, but she still wanted to keep an eye on Jeanne. She gave a polite, “excuse us” and followed them towards the gas station.
That was when she noticed the girl still standing off to the side. She looked very alone, and very anxious. Leena could still keep an eye on Jeanne and Aaron from here, and she wanted to make sure the girl was okay. She said to Jeanne, “I’ll just be a minute,” and slowly walked over to the girl, arms folded calmly behind her back.
There were a number of openers she could have started with, but she went with a simple one:
“Don’t do well with crowds?” Since she was wearing a mask, she put her smile into her voice instead, making it twice as friendly, with just a hint of concern.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 20:17

Jeanne simply and sagely acknowledged the excitable new man, feeling self-conscious about her plain street clothing. She wordlessly followed Aaron, a dazed look in her eyes.

As a matter of fact, she was simply not looking forward. Her attention was entirely for the clerk, who, just a minute prior, when handed currency she recognized as European, in America, simply and wordlessly accepted it. It would have been very easy to miss had she been more used to her clairvoyance, but as it stood, the room was lit, and so she eavesdropped inside it like it bore secrets for her and for her alone. As they left the crowd, she took one good look at Xain, with her actual eyes, before pointing her retinas back to Aaron.

Once they were far enough away, and Leena had left, she spoke.

"What's up with this whole act?" she asked her friend, sure that nobody was listening to her conversation with Aaron. "You've never been good at acting, so don't start now, Aaron. Just," she sneered and giggled in anticipation to her next line of advice, "be yourself."
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 21:22

Mal had just been about to walk off, when she was approached by the armored person. Her gaze traveled up and down the metal form, and frowning just a bit. "Well.. You could say that.." She said softly, her voice soft. She adjusted the straps on her bag.

"I haven't been in many myself.. And when I am, I'm not usually noticed.." She gave a slight shrug, looking up at the other. "But you noticed me... Was my nervousness that obvious?" Mal asked, offering a soft smile. She tried not to let it show, but she supposed she was out of practice.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 21:52

Aaron guided them around a wall and heaved a sigh of relief when he was out of sight of everyone. Aaron smiled at his friend beneath the mask and slowly took it off. "Well some of it was an act some of it wasn't." He slowly removed the cloak to reveal the bandaged legs and boots. He stretched his limbs and legs before responding again.

"Jeanne I've been living on the streets the moment my sister was murdered and a found a shard of bone the size of a telephone poll sticking through her and a burglar." He waited for her reaction before continuing. Since then I've been running around surviving as an invisible boy. Sometimes I don this disguise when I need to socialize, like now." He gestured to the cloak and mask while knowing she can't see him.

"While surviving, I've encountered plenty of Honor Guard. I've seen what they do Jeanne. And that has only fueled how I feel. I will protect any other Alphas even if I die. So some of this, is NOT an act." He grew out a blade the size of his arm and scraped it along the ground bone shards flying everywhere. "I may not be much but I still stand by what I said all those days ago. We deserve a chance to survive. I wanted to out you in front of everyone to see if I would have to do something I hated you understand?" He knew she would understand what he meant.

"Now enough drama tell me what happened you seemed like you wanted to join them so much what happened to change your mind and join the correct side?" He returned the blade back into his body with a grunt. He was genuinely curious as to where shes been.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 22:01

Jeanne winced. She had many questions, but she'd allowed Aaron to finish speaking. His last sentence nearly made her lose her composure, and in silent retaliation she softly shook her head. In Jeanne's mind, he did not know what she knew, and what he'd seen, while heinous, was not even a part of the bigger picture.

"Correct side?" She laughed in his invisible face. "Oh, Aaron, my sweet friend."

Fully aware that her next statement would provoke Aaron's suspicion, she spoke it anyway. "I never changed my mind. Nature simply denied me the right to entertain those thoughts."

A white bolt materialized above Jeanne and silently struck the ground next to her. This happened like a flash: blink and you would miss it. "Regardless of how I feel about it," she articulated slowly, with her teeth clenched. "I am an alpha."
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 22:19

Aaron blinked at the small bolt of lightning that hit the ground next to his friend. So she became an Alpha. He listened to her say each word carefully. Indeed it did provoke his next response. "So then I wonder. What happens now? If you're given the choice, which side would you help?" He knew the only answer would be Alpha's. Mainly because even if she did help the Alpha Guard they would still kill her.

Alpha's are an abomination to those people. But to Aaron, Alpha's were people who were given a remarkable gift. A gift to protect those that they love and Aaron loved his people. After she had responded to his question he decided it was time to lighten the mood slightly.

"You know growing weapons out of my bones isn't all I can do. Sis wanna come out?" He asked looking down at the ground at his clothes as the shadow shuttered and began to move on its own and rose from the ground in the shape of his sister. "My sister may have died that night but she stuck with me forever." He said as they both hugged each other.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 22:27

Jeanne's face turned a little towards discomfort as she saw Aaron embrace with what just a few moments earlier seemed to be his shadow. Nevertheless, Jeanne saw the conversational opening and took it.

"I didn't know she was murdered," she spoke softly. "I think I left before that happened. So, Aaron, tell me what happened."
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 22:40

The shadow returned to the shadow state on the ground and return to it's 'home' where his clothes were. He slowly moved a rock on the ground with his boot. "A couple nights after you came over and told me about your plan. A couple people broke into my house they robbed us and when my sister tried to stop one from killing me in my sleep, they tried to kill her and that's when I woke up to a bone sticking out of my arm, through both my sister, and the burglar." His voice cracked slightly as he thought about that night as a tear rolled down his invisible face leaving a blur along his face.

He wiped the tear trail and shook his head. "Ever since that night I've been living alone on the streets. An invisible boy that people mistake for a ghost. Hiding from Honor Guard, and surviving by stealing. So what happened to you? You seem to be avoiding my question." He said crossing his arms.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 22:54

The embarrassment flowed to Jeanne's cheeks as she tried to recall past events, and concluded that she didn't really want to tell him anything. She squared her shoulders and stuck her tongue to the top of her mouth as she composed herself enough to give a noble enough answer.

"Well, I stole some of my father's money," she started, a soft tone in her throat, "and flew to the Honor Guard base to begin my training. I was outed as an alpha to myself by my own equipment, and then a series of strange events caused me to end up back in New York, where I met up with, uh..." She shrugged. "An old friend."
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 22:55

Val sticks closely to Frank once they exit the taxi, feeling unusually uncomfortable with the entire situation. Normally, strangers don't bother her one way or another, but there's something about this particular group that has her tense. She attributes it to the entire situation that had happened beforehand, noting that she has little to no reason to be wary of a bunch of people in strange outfits heading to a con, presumably to have fun.

She jams her hands into the pockets of her hoodie, shifting back and forth from foot to foot. She figures it'll be considered rude not to say anything, and though in the end it's no big deal, she'd prefer not to make a poor impression, so she searches for some way to make a non-awkward introduction.

"Hey. How big is this con supposed to be? I've heard about a few of the local ones through school, but not this one."
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 0:15

Rob would turn to Val scratching the chin of his shoulder Gerbil and thinking over his curiosity a bit, "Actually I was wondering something about this con, did anyone else get a special invite?" He figured if the answer was no he could just play it off as having a panel or booth of some sort that would be uninteresting enough that no one would bother to look for it at worst and at best he could confirm that he was in the presence of some people in a similar situation.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 0:38

Leena turned up the charm just a hair; “No, you do a good job of hiding it; I used to be a wallflower myself, so I just know what to look for.”
It wasn’t the complete truth (she’d never been utterly shy, but she had been quiet during her early years), but feeling that someone empathized with you, making you feel familiarity in their presence, was key to helping them open up.
Posture also helped- Leena altered her stance, keeping her legs straight but putting her hip out to her left, making her body lean a few degrees to the left. She let her right arm fall along her body, and brought up her left hand to wrap around it just below the elbow. With a slight cock of her head, she appeared fully at ease.
“So what brings you out this way, if you don’t mind my asking? Are you headed to the convention with the group, or are you headed somewhere further east?”
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 9:33

Mal forced herself to relax a little more, to be easy, but she found it hard. The closest she could get was to give some slack to her shoulders, her hands firmly in her pockets. Her lower half was still tense, her legs ready to bolt if she needed to. "Yeah, I'm headed to the convention... Not sure why though."
She shook her head, a little exasperated. "Maybe I just wanted to try something new again...? Or maybe I was just lonely. Been awhile since I've had anyone to talk to."

Her eyes traveled along the armored individual again, and she arched a brow. "So... The armor is your costume..? Or are you preparing for the Armageddon?" She smiled warmly, clearly enjoying the conversation. 'At least this is a plus... She seems nice enough..'
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 15:06

Leena listened quietly as the girl tried to justify her coming out this way. Any of them were fine, but given her own reasons for coming here coupled with the girl's anxiety she couldn't help but wonder if the girl's circumstance was closer to Jeanne's and her own.

Well, I could ask, but that would probably just drive up suspicion. If she wants to bring it up, she will... actually she might not, but best not scare the girl outright, and even still, there is still the very real possibility that she isn't an Alpha, and I don't want to blow my cover.

Leena settled for nodding sagely without voicing any of her thoughts.
The girl's eyes started to wander over Leena's costume, and she had to wonder if she looked more intimidating than she anticipated, especially where the mask was concerned- snarling snakes didn't exactly set the mood for pleasant conversation in most cases...

Then the girl voiced her questions, and Leena couldn't help but give a bright laugh- she'd worried over nothing, it seemed.

She released her grip on her arm and brought both hands up to wave in front of her to hopefully dispell insinuations that she was laughing at the girl.

"No no no! If I were dressing for Armageddon I would go for something a little less restrictive. This suit does look good, I won't deny that, but it's a bit more...snug than I anticipated when I first commissioned it.
She gave a slight tug on the neoprene-like material just below her collar and letting it snap back into place, showcasing just how tight the material was. It also gave her a bit of a jiggle, but given the location that would probably be understandable.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 18:08

Aaron stared at her silently after she finished explaining. He wasn't a dumbass, he knew she was holding back some information. "I see... Well if you want to be so secretive fine by me." He said moving away from her and going back to his clothes.

He slowly donned his cloak and mask. He was getting tired of her beating around the bush. They were so close once. They used to share everything, hopes, dreams, BOYS. He smiled as he thought about that last one. He once had a crush on a boy in school. He wondered how he was doing. He was a tall muscular geek named Jason.

With his cloak on he secured his mask in place and covered his head with the hood. He finished up by securing some internal flaps on the inside he had made from hooks. This way the cloak wouldn't open when he started running. He turned his masked head to look back at Jeanne.

"Listen Jeanne. We're the same people now. I hope you turn your hatred for becoming an Alpha back at the Honor Guard." He stopped for what he said to sink in. "Because I will fight them. Fight them to the last man standing. They are horrible people for the horrible things they have done." He smiled behind his mask.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Niv

Random : white people.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 18:24

Snapping his fingers loudly to grab the attention of those around him Xain chuckles softly before speaking.
"You are all such magnificent characters, and while I've caught some of your names we should all introduce ourselves formally, i wish to know more of you before we must depart. My name is Xain de Revli. my age is somewhere past 30 years, i am an acolyte, a messenger, and a mentor to all those i can help." crossing his right foot behind his left and throwing his arm out to the side he dips forward into a rather dramatic bow.
"And it is my pleasure, to meet all of you this day."

The edict he had placed earlier begins to wear. inner voices awaken once more to their fullest, aggression and conflict are no longer forbidden within this realm.
"Of course you have no obligation to tell the truth, or to tell anything at all, my presence is of my own accord, i shall not dawdle i am not welcome."

as he goes to take another bite of his apple he realizes he had dropped it to snap his fingers. "oh...what a waste."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 19:19

Robert watched the apple fall, bounce, and roll slightly on the ground when dropped with a frown, "That was unfortunate- So what you're a priest or something?" Rob'd take another bite of his taquito. Staring at Xain and swallowing before continuing, "My name's Rob I'm a baker and my business was going well. I was meant to get a second venue in a few months, but it looks like that is going to fall through." He'd sigh hoping that he could return to his bakery some day, "Besides for that I guess I'm a fast learner, so I can probably bounce back."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 19:29

Jeanne kept her eyebrow raised. She recalled her earlier conversation in the New York nightclub with the so-called Mike, who was apparently sent to rescue three alphas. There was certainly some sort of organized union of alphas, but it seemed like a jump in logic to assume that they were any kind of fighting force, that had any sort of hopes of fighting against the Honor Guard as a conventional army.

She rubbed her head, pieces of dust flying off the top of her black hair.

"Yeah, sure," she said, although she didn't have quite the same enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 19:52

He knew that was all he was going to get out of his friend. "Our bus should be leaving soon. Lets head back to the others." He said making his way back to the group of people waiting for the convention bus. He rolled his eyes at the guy trying too hard to make friends. He ignored the 'Meet and Greet' and decided it was best to sit on a nearby bench waiting for the bus to leave.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 20:42

Mal offered a sheepish smile at her own foolishness. "Well.. It was a decent guess. I'm not too familiar on what would be considered super hero chic." Her nose scrunched as she glanced down at her own shabby, patchy clothing with a sigh. "Or anything chic really."

Mal glanced at the larger gathering for a moment, and she seemed to make a decision, turning to look back to her conversation partner. "I'm Mallorie by the way, or Mal, if you'd like." She let one arm hand loosely, her stance finally relaxing to the point that she didn't seem like she was about to bolt. "And you are?" She figured she may as well learn the name of her potential ally. Maybe she'd even gain a friend, though she didn't dare let herself hope for that much. It wasn't safe for her to have friends now.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 21:47

Leena noticed the girl's distasteful glance at her own clothing, and had to say something- "there is nothing wrong with wearing what makes you comfortable."

Finally, she had a name to put with the face. Mallorie- it was a pretty name.
"My name is Leena- it's a pleasure to meet you, Mallorie."
Mal glanced in the direction of the group (oh, someone else joined) with a look of... want? determination? Thinking back, the girl had been side-eyeing the group since the beginning. Connecting a few dots and hoping she wasn't wrong, Leena decided to play a hunch:
she extended her hand towards the crowd and said, "Shall we, then?"

Last edited by JadeDemilich on Wed 3 Feb 2016 - 12:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 0:06

"Ah, cool. I'll totally have to do that then, I think dressing up would be cool. OH, hey Val? I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. Haven't had anything for awhile now that I think about it..."

He watches the others walk away, not giving it a second thought. They must have something to attend to. Frank looks at the station.

"Wanna go inside to see what they got? My treat."

Frank offers. In truth, any normal person would be highly unlikely to feel like eating after having committed murder, or in Frank's case being a witness to murder. However, being that Frank has been in the military as long as he has, he has not only seen countless deaths, but has himself killed many people. As morbid as it may seem, this sort of thing was normal to him. Not in this context of course, but the the situation itself was nothing new. Because this was the case, he didn't even consider the fact that this was the first time Val had been involved in such, and in turn didn't even think that her hunger may be one of the last things on her mind.

That said, it was on his mind, and his stomach gives a mild growl. Frank scratches the side of his cheek, giving a 'heh' in embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry. And to answer your question, I know I didn't receive a special invitation. I just sort of found the flyer and, here we are!"

He states in response to Robert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The UnHonorable War
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next