Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The UnHonorable War

Go down 
+6
JadeDemilich
Day of Light
Bestdragon3
Shadow Fox
NeoDrac54
The Wanderer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

The UnHonorable War - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 23:26

Frank follows Val to the back of the bus and happily sits in the back seat. He was not entirely sure what was going on between the apparently drunk man and Val, but he figured he probably shouldn't get involved. While the chances were somewhat slim, there was a possibility that he was an ex or something. However Frank did not know for certain. It was better to leave personal matters between those involved.

Frank decides to dig into his bag of snacks and search for something salty. Locating a bag of potato chips, he pops it open after struggling with it briefly, and eats a chip. He would then offer Val anything in the bag. The bag was quite large, as he stuffed about as much as one could into the standard plastic grocery bag.

"Here, take what you like."

Frank says, happily munching on his chips like a fat kid going to school with snacks from his enabling mother.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 0:56

Aaron looked back at his friend and then looked around the bus. A good question and he wondered who had what. Still, since he was sitting next to Xain he didn't really want to talk about him without actually to him... Still since he started a conversation with the weirdo he decided it was best to continue their conversation.

A monk? Was this guy serious? A monk from Greece? Was that even possible? That really confused the teen and he contemplated each word this 'Xain' was speaking. He shrugged and turned to be facing the front of the bus. "I'm 16." He responded to the man. He wiggled to unfurl a bit of his cloak. "And I'm a guy." He said rolling his eyes behind his mask.

He turned away from Xain and opened the mask slightly to whisper to Jeanne. "I think this guy has some power that can control how others feel. Remember when we first saw each other again? One minute I'm pissed and ready for a fight, next thing I know this guy walks up and I can't get angry." He returned to his chair and pulled out his book. Although no matter how hard he tried he couldn't concentrate on the book, instead he kept thinking about this Haven they were promised.
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 12:12

Mal seemed pleased by the easy acceptance of her choice, and settled in a little easier. She propped her knees up on the seat in front of her, forming herself almost into a ball and glanced out the window at the rainy scenery.

The commotion from Val at the front dragged her attention back to Mike and the other woman, and her brows knit together at the rapid exchange of personal information, too much to just to be a coincidence. Her eyes narrowed, and she looked towards Leena. "You know him right..? What's his deal?" She asked in a soft, conspiratorial voice.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyMon 8 Feb 2016 - 18:11

Leena turned her head in Mike's direction as she pondered Mal's question.

"...To be honest, I don't know too much about him. He appeared out of nowhere, and vanished just as quickly, without any trace of how he got in or out. He's abrupt, he's direct- but with all that said, he saved my life back in New York; Jeanne's too. I don't know where he's going with this, but I'll trust him until he gives me a reason not to."

Back to top Go down
Niv
Niv

Random : white people.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 1:08

"My sincerest apologies" Xain mutters after aaron had finished whispering "there is no need to conspire friend, my...how to say, my ability will reveal its true nature in due time." Lightly scratching his own face Xain adds "my mentor once told me 'It is the dim haze of mystery that adds enchantment to the pursuit.' A saying original coined by the French writer Antoine de Rivarol. Pardon my rambling, the point is, you must first find beauty in the unknown to have an appreciation in the known. Do you understand Aaron?"

He smiles wide and wags his pointer finger "I don't even understand my gift yet~!"

Throwing up his hood in a very animated manor he remarks "you likely deem me mad, and to that I would not disagree. Just bare with it as long as you can."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 13:31

Jeanne nodded nonchalantly at Xain, barely registering his words after he confirmed the presence of his powers. She politely but glassy-eyedly waited for him to finish addressing Aaron with what seemed like philosophy of the highest order of platitudes. Having seated herself in the row right in front of her friend, she had her body twisted in Xain's direction and, once he finished speaking, she finally deemed it useful to reach out her hand for a handshake. She smiled.

"I'm Jeanne," she said.
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 15:05

This guy is insane! Aaron thought as he listened to what Xain told him. No soon did he think those thoughts that the man spoke them himself. He stared ahead of himself with a glare at the seat in front of him. Good choice of seating... He thought to himself. He blinked as he saw Jeanne introduce herself to him and shook his head slightly donning a smile. My what the situation they were in now.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Niv

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Feb 2016 - 18:18

"Tis a pleasure Jeanne" he says happily grabbing her hand with a shake. casually studying the features he can see xain comments "you have very powerful features for someone of your stature, i mean this with the utmost respect of course, i can practically see the raw potential radiating from your being." hinting at the existance of his aura sight xain giggles before adding "A figure of speech you see, tis a common saying in the middle east region of the world."

poking his cheek and twisting his finger in a rhythmic fashion xain remarks "Do not worry of me becoming a problem, you see i am a pacifist.  I do not wish to bring hostility into this world when so much already exists." pausing and cupping his chin between his thumb and pointer fingers he seems to rethink his opinion slightly. "No...no, There is not a situation i can foresee in which i will cast aside that ideal."

he extends his pointer finger over his lip and quotes "Pushing the limits on your own beliefs, is the only way to know they truly exist."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Feb 2016 - 23:58

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:31 AM | Light Rain 42F°/5C°]

With everyone aboard and the bus nice and toasty Mike would stand to face everyone,"Hello there everyone this is Mike, your captain speaking. For all of your comfort I have arranged for the bus to be veiled from prying eyes. So don't worry about the whole illegal Alpha thing, we got you covered. In any case, just sit back, relax, and we should be there in a reasonable amount of time. If you have any questions-" Mike would sit down and mess with some of the bus controls for a moment before it started to drive off down the road.
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Feb 2016 - 0:59

Robbert continued his rant ignorant to the bus conversations he was missing, "What if it is like just a dirt tunnel and they don't have a kitchen... what if they have a pyromancer I could still make some cakes or jerky with some help and I have enough money that I could probably-" His nervous ranting suddenly cut off as he noticed the bus start to move and began driving behind it, following Mike and the gang to parts unknown, "to hell with it we'll all make do with what we have."

Last edited by Zentaku on Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 17:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 13:20

Leena looked up as Mike made his announcements and bowed her head in relief- everyone here was in the same boat after all. Mike had never said if everyone headed to the convention was an Alpha or not, so it was good to know she had a place where she could lower her guard just a little bit.

Speaking of which...

Leena turned back to Mal and said, "Well, that being the case I suppose I can disclose a little more fully: Mike lead Jeanne and I to safety in the aftermath of an Honour Guard attack."
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Feb 2016 - 23:14

Mal tensed at Mike's words, and frowned. Well, so much for secrecy, but she supposed if everyone else were Alpha, she didn't need it. She glanced at Leena, focusing back on Mike. "I suppose he can be trusted then." She relaxed back in her seat slowly, and turned her full attention back on the girl beside her.

"So... 'Alpha' huh... I'm a little surprised you noticed me at all, actually." Mal said in a shy voice, pushing her hair back out of her face. "My abilities.. make me hard to notice. I just got used to it I guess.. It's like being invisible to everyone, even though you know you aren't." She frowned, not sure why she was telling the other woman all of this. "Sorry about the babble.."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 12:10

Jeanne raised an eyebrow at Xain's compliment, but the smile that had previously only been on her lips crept into little young crow's feet at the sides of her eyes. Despite everything, this awkward Greek foreigner had a charm to him that captivated her in a strange way, and as she went back to her resting position, hand at her side again.

The girl momentarily turned around to listen to Mike, and then turned her head back towards Xain and Aaron.

"Yes, I can agree with that," she said, nodding at his last statement. It rang way too true for the events that had transpired in the last 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 17:42

Aaron sat quietly and listened to the two talk. When Mike stood up and began to speak about how they were all safe. He let out a sigh of relief. "Congratulations Mr. Xain you get to see what's behind the mask." He said as he removed his hood and mask and let out a deep breath of fresh air. They were free. Finally he could live in peace and no longer hide who he was. He stopped caring about his disguise and let some of the cloak fall away to reveal his bandaged legs and invisible torso.

They were all Alpha's in here. They were all one people. He turned his head to look at Jeanne. "So Jeanne, you still like the Honor Guard despite the fact that we're all Alpha's? Here on this bus each of us are all one people now. After all you did join the Honor Guard to hunt us down, no?" He rose an invisible eyebrow. Not like she could see it but his tone had a hint of mockery in it. He felt a slight pain in his jaw and he rubbed it. Speaking helped the pain sometimes. "So Xain, if we're all Alpha's what kind of abilities do you have?" He asked looking at the man.

Last edited by The Wanderer on Tue 16 Feb 2016 - 1:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 18:15

Frank listens intently as Mike explains that the bus is seemingly obscured from prying eyes, for those on the bus with... Alpha powers? Frank suddenly stands up.

"Hey wait, are you saying that people here are Alphas?"

He seemed genuinely surprised. As it would be, Frank wholeheartedly believed that the Superhero Convention was a literal convention, not a meeting place for Alphas. The fact that this was not the case came as a shock to him.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 0:57

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:47 AM | Rain 42F°/5C°]

The rain started to pour more as the bus moved steadily down the road with a smoothness one could only dream of in a bus. More cars started to appear on the road as morning commuters made their way to their destination. Mike perks up only at Franks' exclamation, saying,"Yes Frank, everyone on this bus is an Alpha. I mean what kind of Superhero convention calls itself 'The Superhero Convention'. It's usually some dumb name like OchinchinKon or something. Naw, where I'm bringing everyone is basically a bunker I made with my own hands outside of the prying eyes of the Honour Guard. It ain't perfect, but I'm not an architect."
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 2:01

An entire bunker? That this person made with his own hands? "So you must be some kind of Earth or Metal... Bender?" He asked remembering the old TV Show Avatar: The Last Airbender, that he used to watch religiously. "And to create an entire bunker out of stone must mean you're exceptionally powerful. Remind me to never get on your bad side." Aaron said chuckling to himself nervously. This guy had to be insanely powerful to do all that and more.

He wanted to ask a question but he felt like he might be asking a little much. I wonder if he knows who that golden clad person in the news broadcast was? He decided to ask himself instead of asking the question aloud. He would probably have time to ask them later. Or perhaps his questions will be answered as he continued down the path he was walking.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Niv

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 4:49

"as i have said i do not fully understand my ability" Xain quickly points out to aaron. "I myself believe it to have something to do with influence, however i have always been a person of great influence on those around me, my power may have something to do with say....forcibly inducing my influence on an area. at least that is the assumption i have come to. the first time i attempted it i only affected myself, however at the fueling station it appeared to have wider reaching results."

he chuckles before remarking "i've only had what one would call supernatural abilities for a couple hours."

his eyes appear to flare with excitement as xain takes his finger and punctures a hole in it using his well decorated necklace. "We have something in common my dear Aaron, my blood can't be seen either." dripping from the wound appears to be a faint water like substance, glowing a light blue as it exits his skin but fading more and more as it passes.

"Of course im exaggerating." he giggled playfully. "boy does this sting, why must this aged fool do such silly things." pressing his finger against his cloak to stop the bleeding he asks politely.

"any more questions?"
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:30

All the conversation, aside from Frank addressing her, seems irrelevant to Val at the moment -- she's not exactly the most social of people, and still feeling somewhat wary, is inclined to stick to the most familiar person here. She reaches for a bag of Doritos in Frank's stash, then looks up when he addresses Mike, squinting in curiosity at the answer the driver gives.

"Have you ever made any errors in who you've picked up? As in, taking along non-alphas?" She looks back to Frank, studying him. "My friend hasn't exactly...well."

She shifts in her seat, then adding on in a low voice to Frank: "No offense. Is that offensive? I'm not sure."
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:32

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:49 AM | Rain 42F°/5C°]

"Nope!" Mike replied as he continued to drive.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:34

Frank stops waving his hands in an animated fashion and lets them fall to his sides. He seems a little dismayed to learn that they're not actually going to a convention. He then hears what Val says and backs up her statement:

"R-right, what she said. I'm really not an Alpha. Not that I have a problem with Alphas or going to this place, but I really don't have powers. I'm just here to, like, support a friend."

Frank motions to Val
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 1:46

Leena raises her hands in a placating gesture

"There's nothing at all wrong with babbling- in fact, many times i often prefer it. If you are babbling, you have something that you think is important enough to say, you just can't put it in something that is grammatically pleasing, so it ends up as word salad. And..."

She pauses, because she realizes something. Looking around at everyone else on the bus, from what she could see no one else was telegraphing; none of them were physically different from a normal human. This is mildly upsetting, given her circumstance, but that's not something she wants to burden Mallorie with.

"...I suppose that some powers some powers are a bit more...subtle than others. At any rate, I'm glad that I saw you, Mallorie."

Leena looks up as...Valentine?...questions Mike on whether or not he had been wrong about someone being an Alpha. That was honestly a fair concern...one which Mike immediately shot down. Mike was extremely confidant in his abilities
Just who exactly is Mike she wondered
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 2:27

And so, Rob continued to drive.
Rob thinks out loud,
"I should learn to read lips. I could probably do that over lunch now."

"I wonder if having a pyro heat it changes the taste of cupcakes."

"I wonder if it is insensitive to compare the alpha hunting to the holocaust."

He also turned on the radio and sang to the music.

Last edited by Zentaku on Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 17:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Feb 2016 - 22:41

Jeanne softly and steadily blew air through her nose as the pondered about a way to respond to Aaron as to not embarrass herself. Finally she answered, in a waxy, poetic language that she'd only previously used in literature class.

"I cannot foresee my ethics being displaced by hatred. Alphas and I are of one blood, and therefore I shall protect my kind before I destroy it."

Having turned her body to face front, she sank into her seat, all by her lonesome, as the bus began to move towards the bunker. She'd been listening to Mike while also holding her conversation with Xain and Aaron. Slowly, goosebumps rose on her forearms, hidden under the black sweater, as it was made more and more clear that there simply was no way back, only a way forward, for her now. She'd been handed this path when her Alpha DNA was revealed--actually, no, she chose this path when she chose to steal and take flight because she naively believed she could make a change to the fibre of the world.

She shivered. Jeanne's chances of being here in this particular moment were so slim, that the image of her cold gray body lying on the dissection table of the Honor Guard base invaded her retinas through her vivid imagination and lingered longer than any sane human would've liked.

She tried to distract herself by closing her eyes and "looking" at Mike's severe face, dimly lit by the switch lights on the bus dashboard. She found a sort of rough, grounded survival in his face that gave her strength.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 12:34

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:55 AM | Rain 42F°/5C°]

They would all be casually driving for some time, the rain pattering against the glass of the window. It was certainly getting thick out there, with the fog getting harder to see through by the minute. Mike didn't seem worried though as he continued to drive, occasionally looking back at everyone else. It wasn't until everyone on the left side saw what looked like an Honour Guard on treads zip past them. In that moment Mike went from happy and calm to pissed,"Dammit all we've been compromised. You guys hold tight I need to figure something out."

For a moment Mike looked strange until his demenour changed and he looked around at everyone, no longer driving the bus, however that didn't seem to effect anything,"Alright everyone don't worry about it. We have things under control and we'll keep you guys safe. The Honour Guard that passed us saw through my guise, so any minute he'll be attacking. Val, Mike had you sit back there for a reason, what power do you have?"

-----------

In Rob's car he would see Mike pass through the door and sit in the passenger side,"Question, what's more important your life or your car?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The UnHonorable War
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next