Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The UnHonorable War

Go down 
+6
JadeDemilich
Day of Light
Bestdragon3
Shadow Fox
NeoDrac54
The Wanderer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

The UnHonorable War - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 14:49

Val's incredibly grateful for Frank's company. His light-hearted nature helps her to feel more at ease during all of this mess -- though her emotions are at a lower caliber, she's still certainly capable of feeling tense and stressed. She's heading to a foreign place with mostly strangers after a somewhat traumatic event: he's right, hunger isn't exactly at the forefront of her thoughts at the moment, but eating doesn't sound bad...

"We found the flyer together," Val answers Robert with a light shrug. "Nothing extraordinary about it, I don't think."

Then, in response to Frank: "Food doesn't sound too bad. You don't have to pay though, I do have cash...but I appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
http://gravekit.tumblr.com
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

Random : Normal is an illusion... In truth nothing is normal

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 15:20

Leena was a nice name, and Mallorie smiled at the use of her full name rather than the nickname she had offered. "At this point, the clothes are more a necessity than out of comfort. Not too much longer and I'll have to get something new." She waved a hand dismissively, not too worried about her clothes falling apart just yet.

Her gaze followed Leena's gesture to the group, and her brows furrowed a little in uncertainty. "Um... Sure." She offered a half smile, but it didn't quite reach her eyes as she relented. Maybe it wouldn't be as bad as she thought it would be. Or maybe she just wanted to keep this new acquaintance she'd acquired. Spending a bit of time in a larger group of people certainly wouldn't kill her, and Mal wasn't sure why her heart was beating faster now at the thought of having to do just that.
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 17:05

"I'm going to go grab some stuff then."

Frank jogs inside the station, leaving the others to their business. He would go up and down each aisle, looking at everything in the station. After a time, he would grab a hand basket in order to carry things in. Passing by the snacks, he begins loading his basket full of chip and cracker products. Loads of it. While one or two sweet things make their way into the basket, the majority is of some sort of unhealthy bag of... something. While loading his basket, he realizes that he should in actuality eat at least something other than chips. So, Frank grabs a single can of Ravioli and a plastic fork.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 17:10

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:07 AM | Light Rain 44F°/6C°]

As the time drew on the light mist subsided into a very light rain. Whether they made it apparent or not, the late bus would have done nothing to ease the building stress. That coupled with the rain certainly didn't help matters... The man behind the counter, by this point, became increasingly impatient; checking his watch about twice a minute and strumming his fingers on the counter. Finally he breathed out in relief and returned to his regular composure.

Down the street everyone could see, but not hear, exactly what everyone was looking for; the bus. Strangely the bus was one of the quietest buses anyone could have heard, but that was the least of their concern by this point. Once it pulled up a dirty looking white guy in his mid thirties wearing an equally dirty white dress shirt leaned out of the window,"Hey hey, all aboard the Hype Train! The convention thingy awaits and stuff!" Before leaning back in.

Of course, Leena and Jeanne would recognize this man as Mike. Lovely.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

Random : WARNING MUSIC IS MY DRUG DO NOT INTERRUPT THE GROOVE

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 17:22

Leena noticed Mal's anxiety over joining the group, and was not surprised. She extended her gauntlet-ed left hand, palm up, showing inclusiveness not only with her but also with the group. It was not an 'in your face' gesture but rather an 'i'm here if you need me' gesture

That was about the time the bus showed up, and something about it felt off. It took a second, but then it hit her- it wasn't making any noise. The engine wasn't running, but that couldn't be, could it? How could it be driving down the street then?
Her question was answered moments later when it pulled up and a man's voice called out from the window. She could have sworn she knew that voice, but it couldn't be him. Leena risked being spotted and pushed a tiny tendril out of the eye of her mask- we'll I'll be damned. But how did he get here before us? ...actually, come to think of it, how does that man do anything? Oh well, questions for later, I suppose

Leena returned her tendril to the depths of her mask before turning back to Mal
"Well, looks like our ride is here- is there anything else you need?"
Leena's hand is still extended, but whether or not Mal takes it is up to her, and Leena won't judge her for it either way
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

Random : Do not live each day as if it's your last. According to prophecy, your last day will be spent assembling a table saw.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 21:18

Val follows Frank into the gas station, letting him pick what he wants without her own input. Whatever he gets is fine with her, even if it's all junk food. As they head up to the register, she catches sight of the bus pulling in across the street and gestures towards it.

"We should probably get going."
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Feb 2016 - 21:30

Frank takes note that the bus arrives, and he quickly scoops a few more things into his basket after he notices that Val doesn't grab anything. He hastily makes his way to the front, and pays for the things. Nearly a full basket of junk food and miscellaneous items, plus a single can of ravioli and a plastic spoon. He cheerfully thanks the man and jogs outside with an oversized plastic bag. Shielding the bag from the rain, he would quickly enter the bus (with Val of course, he wouldn't just leave her behind).
Back to top Go down
The Wanderer
The Wanderer

Random : The Internet is a cold, cold, amazing place.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 3:05

'The Convention Thingy'? This confused the teen. Shouldn't he know exactly what was going on? Also why was the guy so dirty. Surely a convention staff would dress in more appropriate attire. 'All aboard the hype train'? Was this guy insane? Aaron couldn't believe what he was seeing and hearing. He was half tempted to not embark on the bus and even started walking away. But then he remembered about the rumors of Haven.

"A new home." Aaron whispered to himself. He was finally going to be at home. No more hiding, no more of this damn cloak. He wondered what people would think about his permanent invisibility. It's not like he had a choice. He rose a gloved hand to look at it. He removed the glove and showed his literal nothingness. He felt the spot with his other hand just to reassure him that he still had a hand. The gentle touch of fabric on his hands soothed his fear.

He took a deep breath, replaced the glove and nodded. He was one of the last people to board so he got on and attempted to find a seat near Jeanne his only friend from among the strangers. He sat next to a man who looked about 32 with 'spiky' black hair. Though Aaron considered it more messy. Upon further inspection it was the man who had ended all aggression in the area. He glared from behind the mask. "You're certainly a strange person." Aaron said looking back towards the front of the bus.
Back to top Go down
Niv
Niv

Random : white people.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 9:21

"i could say the same to you my companion of unknown age." Xain laughs, casually ruffling his own hair.
"you may or may not have been there for my introduction, i didn't remember seeing you but even that doesn't mean much" giggling at his own words once more he turns and extends his hand.
"My name is Xain de Revli, i am a monk of greek origin, and it's a pleasure to meet you."

afterwords turning to look out the window and gazing at the scenery "if you have any questions of me, i will answer them without hesitation, you have my absolute faith miss." (Reminder: Xain doesn't quite understand gender.)
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 14:20

Rob would look to the bus with a smile and then a frown as it got closer seeing how it was clearly not functioning under it's own power and examining the tires for movement before it pulled in, "Maybe this is what I thought it was... Well see you guys at the con" Making a a couple of clicking noises Robert's Gerbil would scurry into his shirt pocket as Rob made his way to his own car putting the pump away and closing up the gas can before getting into his car. He sighed pulling in behind the bus intending to follow it to what would hopefully be Haven, "Well let's see if this is a trap or a godsend, eh Eclair?" petting the Gerbil in his pocket while waiting to follow.
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 22:50

Val follows behind Frank onto the bus, eying the other occupants who join warily, but giving the driver of the bus the most concerned look of all. She sniffs the air, catching a hint of something familiar.

"...Sir, have you been drinking?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 23:02

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:15 AM | Light Rain 44F°/6C°]

The man would turn to Val and say,"Sure have, but don't worry. You'll be happy to know that drinking does not impair my ability to drive or act accordingly." He'd then stop for a moment; examining Val.

"Though I do recommend you sit near the back, by a window. Recommendation anyway. Don't ask."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

Random : With time all things change and all people change. Nothing is constant.

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 23:19

Rob taps on his wheel in waiting speaking to himself and his Gerbil, "We are following a guy in a vehicle that is quieter than anything that size should be able to move at, especially that run down. If this is a trap I think I was doomed even if I didn't come here, I don't think honor guard and definitely not in a suit anyway and I don't think they'd be so... dirty... this is happening, this is real... I'm never going to see my shop again. Kyle better not fuck it up. If this is some fucked up prank..."

Rambling and intermittent cursing intensifies.

Last edited by Zentaku on Fri 5 Feb 2016 - 0:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 23:23

Mal carefully slid her slender fingers along Leena's hand, taking it in her own and looking up at the other woman with a shy smile. Her attention was drawn towards the bus when a man poked his head out. She arched a brow, wondering why she hadn't heard the bus roll up, but didn't worry about it too much.

"I suppose we'll be meeting everyone on the bus, rather than in the rain. At least we won't get as wet." She grinned a bit, pulling the other woman forward and moving onto the bus. She heard the back comment, and scrunched her nose, looking towards Leena again. "Where should we sit..?"
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 23:29

"Oh!"

Frank says, walking up with Val.

"Let's sit in the back! Before someone else takes the seat!"

He seems to pay no mind to the fact that the driver was drunk. Maybe he just didn't notice somehow..?

Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 23:55

Leena would have smiled had she been physically able as Mal took her hand, though she did have a brief moment of panic over whether or not her 'hand' felt solid under the gauntlet. Thankfully, it didn't seem that the girl noticed. She let herself be led along and into the bus

The second indicator that something was amiss was the distinct and heavy aroma of alcohol permeating the front seat and steps of the vehicle. There was no mistaking what that meant, but there was also no mistaking the man's face. She could have mistaken the voice for someone else's but Leena never forgot a face

"Drinking this early in the day, Mike? People might begin to speculate you don't take your job very seriously."
She was trying to lighten the mood a little, but she still had her reservations about letting an inebriated man drive, especially with so many people on board. Still, she'd seen inklings of whatever power he had, and he had saved her once already. As a plus, if Mike was the one driving them to the convention, there was a good chance that most, if not all, the people here were Alphas.

"Hmm, well if Mike suggests sitting towards the back, then that would probably be our best bet. I'd ask him why, but he's yet to give me a straight answer to a question, and his advice has been spot-on so far."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 0:01

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:18 AM | Light Rain 44F°/6C°]

Mike would raise a finger,"Correction, only suggested for Valentine to. Everyone else well..." Mike would just shrug,"Wherever I guess. But I think that's almost everyone. Time to get this show on the road!"

With that everyone would hear the engines roar to life as the bus started to hum and vibrate slightly,"If anyone else needs anything do it fast, I'm not stopping once we leave."
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 0:33

"Oh, well then, guess it doesn't matter; any preference on your part, Mallorie?"
Back to top Go down
NeoDrac54
NeoDrac54

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 10:07

Mal glanced back at the other, then searched the seats. She chose one of the seats in the middle, settling in next to the window. "This way we won't be rushed off, and we won't be stuck in the back." She offered a smile, holding her bag in her lap so Leena would have room to sit as well.
Back to top Go down
JadeDemilich
JadeDemilich

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 16:58

Leena followed Mal as she strode towards the center of the bus, lost in thought as to why Mike directed...Val?... in particular towards the back of the bus. special dispension? Reservation? Somehow she doubted it, but she had no idea why else he would specify to anyone where to sit, much less giving no one else similar directions.

Mallorie took a seat, settling her bag in her lap and smiling. Leena wondered where Jeanne was going to sit, but she reminded herself that Jeanne was an... well, no she wasn't an adult, but she made at least two adult decisions that got her here, and she could take care of herself.

"Very wise," she said as she lowered herself down into the seat next to Mal, keeping tight control over each of her 'limbs' until she was settled, then folded her hands in her lap and relaxed momentarily
Back to top Go down
Gravekit
Gravekit

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptyFri 5 Feb 2016 - 20:59

Val raises her eyebrows at Mike, not moving from her place near the door of the bus. "No disrespect, sir, but I find it hard to believe that drinking wouldn't impair your ability to drive, especially not a vehicle as large as a bus."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 3:30

[November 18th, 2024 | 8:20 AM | Light Rain 44F°/6C°]

Mike would sigh as he turned in the seat towards her and with a serious face pushed up his glasses before staring her directly in the eyes. No more did he have the silly, happy air he once had as instead it was replaced with an almost methodical seriousness.

"Valentine Augustine. Age 24, currently going to college for Physical Therapy as a way to feel close to people in a way you probably never will. Currently your only important capabilities are your mostly rational mind and your ability to manipulate blood, both of which damaged by trying to please your divorced parents and your CEPA respectively. I could go on, but I'm told that simply by stating facts I've observed about others is cruel, to which I've never understood. Now a few fun facts about me. My name is Mike, and I prefer a life of pleasure and entertainment. One of these pleasures used to be alcohol. With the addition of the Alpha abilities I have obtained over the course of my having them I can no longer get drunk. If I could, I certainly would not be here now. Drinking just makes me happy."

Mike paused for a moment after having stressed the last word.

"So now, please go where I asked."

With a goofy smile the air of seriousness would immediately drop Mike would lean back and swivel back into place,"Man that engine sounds good."
Back to top Go down
Zentaku
Zentaku

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 5:31

staring at the back of the still bus Rob continues to ramble and grow more nervous, "What if they are headed to an alpha concentration camp, do they have those? could I run away if things go south? They probably won't, everything is going to be fine. I wonder if they'll have a good kitchen. I should learn to read lips, it probably isn't that hard anymore. I wonder if I'll learn to do anything else. Stop thinking about getting ambushed, Eclair, it doesn't help. We'll get there and everything will be fine."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 22:25

Having joined the larger group, Jeanne had wordlessly waited for her convention bus, clutching the gym bag strap tightly. She did not introduce herself, but it was clear from her appearance that there was nothing notable about her person. She was just a skinny teenager dressed in all-black normcore like she was a 40-year-old Japanese designer. But she was a franco-anglo-whatever kid from New York instead, and her googly dark eyes acted accordingly. She would look at her feet, nod at appropriate conversational points, and make herself small.

From time to time, Jeanne airily glanced towards the gas station store clerk, but if anybody was looking at this motion, it would be unclear what exactly she was looking at, as by following her gaze they would only see the facade of the building. It was merely placebo, but she felt like she could "see" better if her face was pointed in that direction. The man was inconspicuous, but she still felt suspicious.

Regardless, Jeanne smiled cheekily at Mike as she got on the bus, still not speaking, as she felt like there was no need for introductions. There was no need to identify herself to him, or him to her, although acknowledging their acquaintanceship felt like a necessary part of her encounter.

She found herself a nice spot adjacent to Aaron, and turned to him to speak.

"So," she spoke softly, for she did not want anybody else to hear. "We've seen who's getting on this bus, and it's obvious they're all Alphas. Who's got what powers, do you think?" She did not know explicitly what the Alphas' abilities were, so she called them what they granted: power. Alphas had power over the normal physical form.

Last edited by Day of Light on Wed 10 Feb 2016 - 13:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Gravekit
Gravekit

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 22:31

Val stares blankly at Mike as he rattles off her mini-bio. By the time he's done, she's decided that there's no point in arguing or protesting. She's not bothered by the info shared -- personal details don't matter all that much to her -- and so...she just shrugs.

"Alright, Mike. And for the record, there's nothing cruel about the truth."

She then tugs lightly at Frank's sleeve as she heads towards the back of the bus, urging him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UnHonorable War   The UnHonorable War - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The UnHonorable War
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next