Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

Random : Of course I'm right

Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 12:52

Ariel blinked and looked around, sighing. One battle was won, but it was time to jump right back in.

She was about to leave when Leana said something to her.

'Hey, Sam doesn't look ok... Can I talk to her?'

Ariel nodded and relaxed for a moment, allowing Leana to regain control. She stepped over to Sam and knelt in front of her.

"Hey, hey Sam?" she whispered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.capricornhunter.tumblr.com
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 12:54

"Yes Leana?" Samantha asked as she continued to lay as she way.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 13:09

"Are you alright?" she asked, concerned. She had to leave, but she didn't want to go without making sure Sam was ok.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 13:10

"Earth elemental." She repeated with an air of familiarity. She ran a hand over the the cold stone walls as Kenneth continued his instructions. She nodded before silently following his directions leading to the training room.

"Hello?" She announced as she arrived, but noticed a woman almost immediately.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 13:19

Sam opened her mouth, but stopped. She simply sighed before saying,"No. No I'm not... I hate living like this Leana... Trapped in a steel cage I built for myself... And soon, soon that cage will be broken... Where will I go then?" She lifted her head as she looked at Leana, her eyes starting to water...

-----

As soon as she left Kenneth instantly opened the nearby door. It was a bathroom... Kenneth had been feeling like crap and throwing up horribly for a few days now... He had never felt this weakened, and since getting his powers had never been this sick... Or sick at all to be honest. He needed to find this cause before Kate, Mike, or Jessica fell any further...

-----

As she arrived she would notice a massive earth carved room, with a large robot standing in the middle of the room, a large W carved on its chest. The woman he noticed was wearing golden armor all over, and seemed to be glowing with light... She also had a pair of massive feathery wings. She knew this was the Element of Light... However, something seemed a little off as she just stood there, looking around the room, not even commenting on the woman entering the room.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 13:44

Leana internally panicked for a moment. She wasn't the best at dealing with crying people.

'Crap crap crap crap crap crap.'

'Just calm down. Talk to her in a soothing voice. Let her know you're there for her.'

Leana took a deep breath and leaned closer.

"Samantha. Look at me." She placed a hand under her chin and lifted her head. "Stay with me. We can find a way to make things work for you. Please, don't worry." She spoke softly and sincerely, hoping Sam would calm down.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 14:06

Katja's eyes scaled the towering robot, jaw hanging open in awe. "who are you people?" She recalled muttering to herself sometime while she was lost in the scale of the robot. It wasn't until she had moving some distance closer to the mechanical marvel that she began to notice the woman's odd appearance.

"I was told to come here?" She offered the listless woman with an air of innocence in her words. To be honest, she was beginning to have second thoughts about coming here. It all seemed so much bigger than her, and just because of the titan.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 14:23

Samantha was still tearing up a bit and shook her head a bit before saying,"I know I know but... It's a change... I can't deal with change..."

-----

Katelyn looked to Katja as she smiled and replied,"Yes, and you must be Katja. I'm sorry for the short notice, but we're on the last grains of sand and need to stop the Masterminds... This is why we need you." Katelyn paused as she looked somewhere else and walked in that direction continuing,"We have found that he controls most of his people through fear... He feeds them what scared them the most until their will is so low that his ability can take a hold of them. However, Ken predicts that if we can bring on that level of fear again, then his power will crack... We need to end this. Once Samantha gets here with WADE and the others arrive, then you can all go to the base. I know this is asking a lot of you and you hardly know us, but please understand that they've been killing thousands, and this is the last chance we'll get."
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 14:39

"But you don't have to worry, ma belle, it'll be removed if you ask for it."

Gabrielle stared at her uncle with surprise. That was easy. "Next," she said slowly, wondering how much she could get away with, "uncuff my hands." She moved her fingers behind her back for emphasis.

She saw Gaultier-Jean nod at somebody behind her, who then promptly removed the restricting metal. So there was somebody in the room after all. She felt kind of stupid not to have noticed that upon her waking. "What time is it?"

"It's been fifteen minutes since you came in here, Gabrielle," he said without looking at the clock, with particular stress on her name. She sighed in relief.

"How can you remove the... the..."

"I call it Pathogène de Contrôle, and it can simply be removed with an intravenous drug antagonist." Gabrielle widened her eyes, but then sighed at the ease of eliminating it.

"Pathogen?"

Her uncle smiled.

"It's an airborne parasite that feeds on the Alpha gene."

"But then that means that my friends might have it--too!" Gabrielle stood up from her chair and leaned over the desk, gritting her teeth and readying her hand for a swing at him.

Goussand ducked away from her reach and held up his hands. "Euh, girl, you didn't let me finish?" He watched as his niece was forced back into her chair by the aforementioned guard. "It's been modified so it only affects a specific gene. Your friends have nothing to be afraid of, unless they're umbrakinetics." The man grinned widely. "It'd cause too much trouble otherwise, my darling. You definitely can't allow terrorists to have it."

"That explains why every umbrakinetic in France is in your division."

"Except you?" Her uncle coughed suspiciously and took a sip out of a brand new cup of coffee.

"We'll see about that," Gabrielle replied, glancing around in his office. It was small, but it was richly decorated, and had a corny, but respectable, wall of fame to her left. There were windows behind her uncle, and on the right wall. It was a corner room. This guy was indeed their leader.

"You desire to join, hmm?"

"On one condition. Your people must help me."

"It's already been done, ma chère," Gaultier-Jean replied happily. Gabrielle was practically dismayed at how easy everything was. "But I have my conditions as well!" The girl sighed. She was expecting something like that.

"Shoot."

"The book your mother was writing? The one that exposes me and my lovely division?" The man enthusiastically pointed at his niece. "You must take it and burn it here in front of me."
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 14:40

Katja didn't question her explanation, catching up and contining beside her as she walked, but she did resent the implication in her request.
"I--I don't think you understand." She responded solemnly. "When my body starts to die, it fights back. Before long, there will be one, and only one thing on my mind..."

She sighed, and shook her head; no more excuses, she already agreed to help them, and the end was worth it, she felt.
"Look. You have to make sure you can take me down at a moments notice. I've only got days. A person's heartbeat, the slightest scent of a wound; whatever could set that mindset in motion, and I won't know what I'm doing until I get what I need."
"Just promise you'll do what you have to do if I turn on-- who ever you guys are."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 14:56

"Well, then we'll need to get more time." Katelyn reached for her left forearm and untied her gauntlet, pulling it off. She then quickly pulled up her black under armor revealing her wrist,"Trust me, I can regenerate. I want to put fear and doubt-" Katelyn then stopped, cocking her head to the side a bit as she just stared forward, her arm still extended.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:01

Leana gently held Sam's face in her hands and looked directly at her.

"I know, ok? I know," she said calmly. "But change comes whether we want it or not. I know you're strong enough to deal with it. And you have friends who care about you. It can work. Trust me."
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:06

"Alright Leana... I trust you..." Samantha replied as she looked down, shaking her head a little as the tears were gone,"Thank you... I guess I'm also a bit nervous for the battle..."
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:11

Katja took in a deep breath that almost rang out as a gasp and her eyes widened as Katelyn offered her wrist. She felt her own heartbeat quicken; already she could feel the cravings bleeding into her mind, and like every time since the first time, it was hypnotizing.

Fighting the final wave that would take her, she made eye contact from Katelyn before, cautiously reaching out and taking her wrist. She broke her eye contact before raising the wrist towards her mouth, biting deeply; the final gate opened and a levee of ecstasy took her as she drank.

She weakly sank to her knees as she continued drawing her blood; once she felt Katelyn's pulse beginning to fall dramaticlly, every ounce of her humanity screamed for her to stop, but her will never stopped it--ever. The only sign that Katja was lost to her self would be a gentle stream of tears beginning to fall from her right eye; it was embarassment she felt deep inside.

Last edited by inMadness on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:15

Leana gave her a small smile.

"Hey, we all are," she said back. "But we have each other's backs. And I just know you'll kick ass." Leana then leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and a wink before standing up and allowing Ariel to take back control of the body.

"See you later, Samantha. I hope Leana was able to help you." Then with a friendly smile she left for the elevator.
Back to top Go down
Day of Light
Admin
Day of Light

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:22

Gabrielle's eyes widened as her hands went rigid like they had been turned to stone. "My mother had been working on that for a long time. And I've had it with me for a long time. It's not right."

"Well, darling," her uncle retorted, tilting his head playfully. "It's all right with me!" He extended his arms, palms open up, in a wide stance, and stood up from the leather seat. At that gesture, so did Gabrielle stand up.

"You must have it with you always, no? Alors, ma chèrie, montre-le moi! 1"

Thoughts raced in Gabrielle's head as she mentally retreated in the pitch blackness of her mind. Her mind was the only place where her head did not hurt from the sun. On one hand, she had the present. Her friends defeating a common enemy in order to get the freedom they longed for, and freeing a populace that didn't even know it was not free. And her uncle who was obviously ready to give her anything if she had just said yes.

But on the other were her values. Ten years ago, at the age of fourteen, she had promised herself she would never lay a damaging hand on her mother's last work. Incomplete work, but reading it had allowed her to understand why things were. And how to change them. By destroying the sole manuscript she would have been destroying a portion of the light in her.

There could be no shadow if there was no light.

"Darling, if you really cared," Gaultier-Jean said, "You would've published it in the name of your dead mother. I wouldn't have done anything to stop you. After all, I didn't kill her, did I?"

There was that, too.

"The manuscript is in my bag," Gabrielle said, closing her eyes and begging for the headache to stop.

"You have not made copies?"

"No."

"And the computer it was written on?"

"The hard drive was wiped clean and the laptop disposed of."

Goussand senior finally reached for a tight, paternal hug. If it hadn't been for the context in which it was given she would've given it back with full force. "That's my niece!" he exclaimed joyfully. Releasing the hug, he went behind his desk, opened a drawer, and tossed her a cigarette lighter.

"Good. Take it, take it out of the bag, and set fire to it, dear."

Gabrielle sighed. She reached for her bag where she had last thrown it. She took out a 300-page manuscript on thinning, off-white paper, and under the surveillance of both her uncle and the guard behind her, she went back in front of the desk and set fire to her morality.

(1. So, my dear, show it to me!)
Back to top Go down
http://hinaoki.weebly.com/
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:25

As Ariel hit the bottom the door opened as she saw a woman draining blood from Katelyn's wrist. Katelyn turned her head to the door as she said,"Oh, hello Ariel. When did WADE get here?" She seemed to be unphased by the blood draining however as her blood was replaced almost as fast as Katja drank.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:28

Eventually the euphoria faded, and Katja pulled her mouth away from Katelyn's wrist. She didn't hear what Katelyn had said, but looked up in amazement that Katelyn was completely unphased, as she slowly slid back, wiping the blood from her mouth. She wiped her face as well, still looking up at the brightened winged figure; Katja used to be a deeply spiritual girl, and the image before her was powerful.

She slowly stood, before looking to floor.

Last edited by inMadness on Mon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:31

Ariel stared at the scene before her. Did she even know what was being done to her?

"Kate!" she screamed as she ran forward and tackled her assailant, pinning her to the floor.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?!" she demanded, digging her nails into the woman's wrists.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:33

Katja screamed in a sort of overwhelming fear as she was driven to the ground and pinned.
"K-Katja Schilling... I was brought here..." She defended in a panic, clearly frightened.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:35

"She is a new friend, and was just getting a drink is all." Katelyn's wrist healed as she walked in another direction, smiling as she rose her hands and said,"And those are lovely flowers my dear, thank you... I'd be happy to paint them..."
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:49

Ariel glared at this woman, Katja, but eased her grip and stood up, dusting herself off. She held out a hand for her to take. She glanced towards Katelyn and looked at her inquisitively, wondering who she was talking to.

"Kate?" she called out. "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:53

Katja accepted the help up but remained quiet. She released a quiet sigh to herself as her attacker called out to Katelyn; she was a little jarred but thankful the woman hadn't come any earlier, before she had finished.

Still, the way Kate seemed to just walk away made her feel uneasy; her gaze returned to the giant robot and she took another deep breath.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 15:54

Kate turned her head to Ariel and put her hands down before turning around,"Yes, I'm fine." She said this with a light smile as she looked back at the other 'person' she saw with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Capricorn Hunter
Capricorn Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 16:20

Ariel wasn't so sure.

"Then who are you talking to? she asked slowly. "There's no one here save for Katja, you, and I."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next