Imagination Dimension Realphobia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fragility of the Mind

Go down 
+5
Nurellia
CaR_HoPPeR
inMadness
The Wanderer
TSDZ_President
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 21:47

Raine smirked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Well now, that is real peachy, and I like peaches, so if you're willing then..." she paused, for dramatic effect, "thanks, I guess." She then turned her attention to Emir, "And you don't have to help me, I don't expect you to but..." she trailed off, and her smirk melted into a sincere smile, soft but still a smile. She turned her attention back to Alevon, her smile fading.

"And, about that, can't you do your rewind-time-thingy you always do and, uh, undestroy it?"
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

Random : The sand is rough and coarse and it gets everywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 21:52

Emir shrugged.

"I don't think Alevon can do that, if he did, he wouldn't be the one siphoning our trust before." He laughed a little.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 21:58

She laughed.

"Hey, I'm curious to see if this can be pulled off, and if it can I'm a happy little camper."

"We should go find the others though," she looked around, trying to find a familiar face.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 22:07

"Aren't we frozen in time?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 22:08

"Yes," she replied, not making eye contact, "but I'd like to be un-frozen so we can figure out what to do."
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 22:09

Alevon hums
"Yes, I can get it back, but it was a symbol of the barrier I put between myself and the world around me. For your sake, I can get it back however."

Time rewinds to the point where Alevon is still wearing the underarmor
"There"
He says, taking the contacts out once more as time resumes
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 22:54

Samantha generally ignored Gabrielle's problem as she made a quick call to Alevon, waiting for him to pick up the phone.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 22:55

"Sooo, you can rewind time to the point the base WASN'T destroyed?" Emir asked, looking at Raine.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:21

[Charlotte, North Carolina]

"How are you feeling, Katja?"
A stout irish woman was sitting at the dining table across from two woman with a stark resemblence to each other; a mother and daughter.
"How long has it been?" She continued.

"Ten days, but I'm alright--really." Katja paused, before pushing away from the wall she didn't even realize she'd been leaning against.
"Thank you, Molly. You know, for letting me stay here..."
"You too, Dana" She added addressing the mother, black hair with rectangular glasses that matched a small and thin body-type.

"Don't mention it." Dana said with a smile and a nod. "My home is your home, and I'm happy to see you again, eight years is a long time."

Katja smiled with a gracious nod before turning and exiting the dining room. She made for the bathroom, unable to uphold her facade any longer. She splashed water on her face before looking up at her pale expression. She was tired, and weak, and in a place she didn't know.

Shivering she reached into her pocket and produced a tiny metallic cylynder. She pressed the aplicator at the end to the inside of her forearm and released the plunger; It was a temporary infusion, but it would only delay the inevitable. She took a deep breath as she looked back at her reflection; eight years was a long time.

Last edited by inMadness on Sat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:23

Alevon stood there, staring blankly forward for a few seconds before reaching into his pocket, pulling his phone out. He puts it to his ear.
"...hello?"
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

Random : Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:29

[Katja]

A few firm knocks were heard at the door.

-----

[Alevon]

"Hey, Alevon. It's me Samantha. Think you guys can meet at the main UnHonorables base? I'd pick you up, but shit seems to be going down. I'd have called TK, but her phone is broken. Talk to you then, bye." The connection was cut off before Alevon could say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:30

Raine had a grim look on her face as she said, "I wish. If I could rewind time I'd go back years where none of this shit even existed." She then nodded at Alevon, acknowledging the fact that he got his suit back.

"Who was that?" she inquired, a little cautious.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

Random : No, I won't teach you the ways of the force... Ok, I'll teach you the way's of the force.; ~ Yoda, Daggobah System

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:31

Katja jerked for a moment before wiping her face.
"Yeah, uh, just a second.." She said, recomposing herself before opening the door.

"Sorry, I was just..." She stopped with a blank expression, before taking a step back.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:38

Once she opened the door she would be greeted by an incredibly tall and well built man. He was wearing a short sleeved red muscle suit with a brown jacket loosely worn as well. The man had no hair, and had eyes filled with intelligence and kindness.

"Hello there Katja. My name is Kenneth. You may know me as one of the Elements, and your friends let me in because I need your help, and from what I know of you, you need mine..." The large man replied, stepping back to let her come out.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:40

"Possibly Samantha, considering that WADE just blown up into the air for no apparent reason can't justify anything but to that phone call Alevon responded." Emir replied. "I suppose we go to the Unhonorables Base again?"
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:41

Alevon closes the phone without a word and pockets it, then turning to face Raine and Emir
"Samantha wants us to head back to the main Unhonorable base"
He says
Back to top Go down
Dream_Angel
Dream_Angel

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:46

Raine sighed and opened a portal in front of them, the Unhonorable base awaiting them.

"Well, go through," she stood bored, waiting to see what Samantha wanted to say to them.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:49

"Excuse me?" She responded as politely as she could manage but confusion was evident. "I'm afraid I haven't heard of you."

She looked past the man for a look at Dana or Kristina, her ever similar daughter. She still knew little about Alphas other than what her mother told her as a girl, but she knew that Dana and her daughter possessed incredible mental abilities and were activists for Alpha rights; she couldn't dismiss the liklihood that they did infact know this man...

"I don't know what use I could be." She said, lowering her gaurd as she moved past him back into the living room.
"I've kept my nose clean in this war; I've got my own problems..."
"...As you no doubt know." She added sarcasticly, she looked back at him for a moment before rolling her neck as by some imaginary pain before releasing a weakened sigh.

She propped herself against the back of the couch, still facing Kenneth, and crossed her arms.
"So tell me, what do you know about me?" She asked, glancing slightly towards her hosts, still uncertain if this stranger could truly help her.
Back to top Go down
CaR_HoPPeR
CaR_HoPPeR

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:57

"I hope my organs will be intact....Come on Nicky, going to where my homies hang." Emir replied, motioning his sister with a wave.

"Whatever." Nicole replied, walking into the portal with her brother.

Last edited by CaR_HoPPeR on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:44; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySat 27 Aug 2011 - 23:59

"I know of your past involvement in the EDEN program. I think that says enough in itself. I know you are trying to keep away from this war, but right now we need your help. However, I'm not asking you to do this for free... A friend of mine learned of your true motives... That you do not want these abilities..." Kenneth reached for his left hand, which he pulled off like a glove, revealing a robotic hand,"These abilities cost me my arm, and my entire life. I want nothing more then to be rid of them, and I am willing to help you."
Back to top Go down
TSDZ_President
Arbiter
TSDZ_President

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:02

(time is normal, not frozen)
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:08

"What I didn't want was to be turned into my father's science experiement. All I want now is to live. Dr. Schilling was a madman; what he did destroyed hundreds of lives..."
"...what I did." She mumbled.
"I'll do what it takes to survive; I have no choice and no way to stop it and that puts everyone around me in a very dangerous place."

She looked at the man and his implants, running her tongue against a smooth razor sharp tooth in her mouth, the bitter taste of metal flooding her senses.
"I don't want to hurt anyone, but if it has to be someone, I'd rather it be someone I'm mad at... Do you understand?.."

She paused for a moment, in disbelief that she were even considering the proposal.
"If you truly know of my condition and what my father's serum did to me, then I have only one condition in accepting. -- I refuse to be held responsible for the damage I do."
She couldn't help the pheremones she released, but in the state she was in, the fearinducing discharge was almost her body's natural reaction to her verbal warning.

Last edited by inMadness on Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:19

"No one short of those involved will know, and we've all accepted what has had to be done. After this, I will help you continue your life normally, and slowly try and reverse the damage done to you..." Kenneth replied, replacing his glove.
Back to top Go down
inMadness
inMadness

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:23

Katja took a deep breath, ignoring the cocky grin she noticed on Dana's face; never fail, the woman was always right, but to give credit to telepathy alone just didn't seem to touch the scope of her uncanny intuition. Still, she could've just told her.

Releasing the breath with a sigh, she looked back at Kenneth.
"Alright, it's a deal; I help you: you help get this crud out of my blood--What do I have to do?" She said, standing up straight away from the couch, sliding her hands into her pocket with a shrug.
Back to top Go down
Bestdragon3
Public Affairs Manager
Bestdragon3

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 EmptySun 28 Aug 2011 - 0:29

"We can talk in more detail back at our base. How comfortable are you with flying?" Kenneth asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fragility of the Mind   Fragility of the Mind - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fragility of the Mind
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next